Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:41:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just remember....  (Read 2000 times)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
Just remember....
« on July 31, 2013, 10:47:30 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Whatever happens today in terms of players leaving or staying, investment decisions etc.

DRFC is still our team, we are still Rovers Till We Die and we are still playing in the championship for at least this season.

Nothing can change this. There was DRFC before Spurr, before Irish investors and there will sure as hell be one after these.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: Just remember....
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2013, 10:47:58 am by Lipsy »
 :that:

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2013, 10:53:22 am by roverssam1879 »
I agree,

but just less players than before  :headbang:

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2013, 11:10:36 am by Dare to dream! »
Urgh hate posts like this. Just because some are mad at the club doesn't mean we're not going to support the team any less just try and kick them up the arse which is what they need at the moment.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2013, 11:12:14 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Why do they need a kick up the arse?

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2013, 11:12:27 am by MrWoodySir »
Urgh hate posts like this. Just because some are mad at the club doesn't mean we're not going to support the team any less just try and kick them up the arse which is what they need at the moment.
This, it's like we don't have a right to be angry about the goings on at the club because we are in the Championship.  :headbang:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2013, 11:13:55 am by Lipsy »
And posting on here kicks them up the arse does it? Really?

No, what it actually does is make us all look like a joke. Other footie sites have taken notice of this and are loving every minute of it... I saw a forum last night that has about 4 pages dedicated to laughing their arses off at the implosions going off on this 'ere forum.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2013, 11:15:39 am by MrWoodySir »

No, what it actually does is make us all look like a joke. Other footie sites have taken notice of this and are loving every minute of it... I saw a forum last night that has about 4 pages dedicated to laughing their arses off at the implosions going off on this 'ere forum.
Which forum was this then?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2013, 11:17:08 am by The Red Baron »
This, it's like we don't have a right to be angry about the goings on at the club because we are in the Championship.  :headbang:

I agree- I don't like seeing my club being turned into a laughing stock, which is the way things appear to be going at the moment. Richardson and Weaver managed to make us the biggest joke in football and we seem to be going down that road again at the moment.

I hope there will be answers and no more bullshit from the owners (whoever they are) tonight- though I'm not holding my breath.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2013, 11:17:54 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I just dont understand what the club has done so wrong.

- They are protecting the interests of our club by keeping things internal and taking time over a massive decision.
- Players are stalling on the offers they were given.
- We have players lined up for this weekend, just waiting on final sign off either was with the investment.

People need to realise that you cant just play football manager in real life.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2013, 11:18:40 am by The Red Baron »

They'll find it even funnier when we field a team of kids on Saturday and get tonked by Blackpool. So will the national media- who probably haven't woken up to the potential of this "story"- yet.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2013, 11:18:52 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Red Baron, if you think we are slipping down the same road as in Richardsons time you are sadly mistaken.

Far from this.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2013, 11:20:49 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I for one am going to make sure I enjoy this season.  Last season was amazing but I got far too stressed towards the end.  I refuse to do the same this season.

So long as the team play with the same heart and passion as last season it'll be great

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2013, 11:24:03 am by The Red Baron »
I just dont understand what the club has done so wrong.

- They are protecting the interests of our club by keeping things internal and taking time over a massive decision.
- Players are stalling on the offers they were given.
- We have players lined up for this weekend, just waiting on final sign off either was with the investment.

People need to realise that you cant just play football manager in real life.

They seem to have forgotten the fact that the season starts in four days' time and that you need to have a squad that can compete. I feel sorry for Paul Dickov and fear he will walk unless the situation is resolved soon.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2013, 11:24:53 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
"They seem"....they definitely havent forgetten.

There is no situation, there will be a list A of targets and a list B of targets.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2013, 11:26:11 am by Lipsy »
MWS - 3 pages, then. I saw this last night: http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43251

IF we don't have the squad in place properly by Saturday (and it looks unlikely, I agree), we'll dip into the loan market. Who knows what could happen, but it's hardly worth crying into your under-crackers and slitting your wrists, is it?

We know why things are the way they are, so let's just keep the faith.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2013, 11:27:05 am by The Red Baron »
Red Baron, if you think we are slipping down the same road as in Richardsons time you are sadly mistaken.

Far from this.

That suggests to me that you know something I don't. All I'm hearing is the sound of bullshit - "we have players lined up to bring in" - but we don't make any signings.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2013, 11:28:15 am by DMnumber4 »
"They seem"....they definitely havent forgetten.

There is no situation, there will be a list A of targets and a list B of targets.

And they're simply going to roll up and play on Saturday, are they? You've just said that this isn't FM in real life!

Understand the need for context and perspective, but please also allow people to vent their spleens to their hearts content.

That's surely what the forum is for, surely?

This investment is a hot topic / debate and there are so many different views, theories and counter-theories that it has to be expected.

Once the on pitch antics kicks in, we can (hopefully) return to normal (whatever that is).

:rtid:

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2013, 11:32:32 am by Dare to dream! »

I don't care what other fans think why should we? I only care about DRFC and us having a good/competitive season in the championship. At the minute it's not happening

TinyPortal © 2005-2012