Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:56:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Saunders  (Read 3475 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Dean Saunders
« on August 02, 2013, 02:18:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Anyone got any news on Deano? Seems to have completely dropped off the radar after Wolves

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2013, 02:27:25 pm by MachoMadness »
Not really surprising after the disaster at Wolves. Much as I'm grateful for what Deano did for us, and I do think he's a good young manager, the fact is his CV now reads 2 relegations and no promotions, or any tangible success of any kind really.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2013, 02:34:57 pm by RobTheRover »
Surely he will be sorting out his compo package with Wolves.  HE was on a long contract there.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2013, 02:37:35 pm by timdrfc »
Can't believe the negativity towards Dean Saunders by some of our fans. We are where we are because of DS , anyone would have gone to Wolves as a career move. He inherited a losing team with no way of improving it in the short term at Wolves, who then refused to stand by their choice when the sh* t hit the fan. I for one wish him all the best in the fUture.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2013, 02:45:09 pm by Donnyrovers »
Can't believe the negativity towards Dean Saunders by some of our fans. We are where we are because of DS , anyone would have gone to Wolves as a career move. He inherited a losing team with no way of improving it in the short term at Wolves, who then refused to stand by their choice when the sh* t hit the fan. I for one wish him all the best in the fUture.

Player recruitment wise he did very well but the football he got us playing was some of the worst football I have ever seen Rovers play it was awful to watch. He also made some very strange tactical decisions at Wolves and they are better off without him now by having Jackett in charge.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2013, 02:52:54 pm by Dare to dream! »

Player recruitment wise he did very well but the football he got us playing was some of the worst football I have ever seen Rovers play it was awful to watch. He also made some very strange tactical decisions at Wolves and they are better off without him now by having Jackett in charge.

He had us playing winning football can't complain with that.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2013, 03:01:49 pm by DRNaith »

He had us playing winning football can't complain with that.

Well, it seems you can complain with that..........sadly

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2013, 03:15:40 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Im sure he will be taking time off to study the game.

Unfortunately his lack of loyalty to Wrexham and Ourselves has led to a CV which isnt too nice on paper.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2013, 03:31:47 pm by MiKA »
I'd of had him back     :chair:

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2013, 03:31:53 pm by Milepostuk »
He should have taken a longer term view with us and got that promotion on his cv. Its not as if he needed the big payday.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2013, 03:41:14 pm by Lipsy »
No disrespect to DS (and this could come back and bite me on the bum), but I somehow feel happier with our current manager.

DS will always be a legend for bringing back our mojo. If he did nothing else (and also full respect for putting that team together in that time with f'all to spend) then getting that self-belief in the team was critical. Doubt SO'D would have done that...

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2013, 04:15:26 pm by Jonathan »
No disrespect to DS (and this could come back and bite me on the bum), but I somehow feel happier with our current manager.

DS will always be a legend for bringing back our mojo. If he did nothing else (and also full respect for putting that team together in that time with f'all to spend) then getting that self-belief in the team was critical. 

Legend is an over-used word in football.

He recruited very well for us in his second season and put the basis of a successful team together in that time, but legend status is probably a bit much.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2013, 04:17:22 pm by Wild Rover »
Surely he will be sorting out his compo package with Wolves.  HE was on a long contract there.

Thought it was 12 month rolling contract.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2013, 04:22:50 pm by Lipsy »

DS will always be a legend for bringing back our mojo. If he did nothing else (and also full respect for putting that team together in that time with f'all to spend) then getting that self-belief in the team was critical. 

Legend is an over-used word in football.

He recruited very well for us in his second season and put the basis of a successful team together in that time, but legend status is probably a bit much.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Can I say "a bit of a legend" instead? Tbh, and I am sure that a good few people thought this at the time, I assumed we'd be in League One for a season or two more than we actually were. You can't put a price on that (well, you probably can). He was the right person for the job at the time...

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2013, 04:59:14 pm by MR A-Z »
You cannot deny his additions were nothing short of genius apart from Harper and Blake. The football on the other hand was garbage. I watched Swansea last night, and there progression has been fantastic. When Martinez left they brought in Sousa, then Rodgers all similar mould. We undid most of SO'D's ethos appointing Saunders but it was desperate measures. I believe PD is bringing a passing game back to the Keepmoat which is great and hopefully stand us apart again.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2013, 06:20:27 pm by scuzzer »
I've rarely laughed as hard the morning I heard Wolves had approached for him after one of the dullest lucky home wins against a shit Colchester team.

I'd have driven him to Wolves that morning and am totally unsurprised at the success he enjoyed down there.

Can't doubt the recruitment last summer and the team spirit was good, the football was utterly awful and he was tactically inept if hoofball didn't do the job.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2013, 07:16:26 pm by timdrfc »

Joint top of the league when he left , what more did he have to do  , incredible!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2013, 01:06:49 am by RobTheRover »
DS and BF deserve a lot of credit for getting us out of that division last season.

Folks can moan about the style of football, but its horse for courses I'm afraid.  That style has been proven time and again to be effective in L1.

This season will be very different.....

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2013, 08:00:21 am by ponte_ricky »
I didn't mind DS but i loved Brian Flynn, thought he had the team playing some really good football that was enjoyable to watch.

I've finally got round to watching some of the highlights on player of some of the preseason friendly's and it looks like dickov has got the team playing some really quick passing football.

I cant wait for this season now, Wish i was going to the game today :-(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012