Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:24:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bennett for Duffy  (Read 2474 times)

rovgers

• Forum Member
Bennett for Duffy
« on August 03, 2013, 05:38:23 pm by rovgers »
Duffy best player on the pitch absolute quality!! Bennet someone enlighten me!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Re: Bennett for Duffy
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2013, 05:42:12 pm by craigdrfc »
Really hope Duffy was spent otherwise it was a poor decision which, In my mind, went along way to costing us the game. All the same, saw positives today which I'll king on to so onwards we go.

cas rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2013, 05:43:23 pm by cas rover »
don`t know mate but the attack went off the pitch with him :crying:

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2013, 05:46:29 pm by besty »
Cmon guys first game of season,tired,cramp who knows too soon to judge :)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2013, 05:47:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You can tell Gary Woods left and the new target has been marked out already.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2013, 06:00:03 pm by goalkick »
Presume from the latter comments you guys think he played ok and contributed a lot to the time he was on. :facepalm:

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2013, 06:26:12 pm by Phoenix »
I thought Bennett did okay when he came on.

Not sure Duffy was the right man to take off though, but I'll not jump to any conclusions because it could've been an injury/illness/fitness issue for all we know.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 03, 2013, 07:59:59 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Phoenix,
Having had a good read of all the threads, you must be the only person who was there who thought 'Bennet did ok when he came on'

He was absolute, total, utter garbage. I wouldn't take my 3 year old grandson off for him. Why does anyone this he can play I this division when he wasn't good doing for League 1?

I thought Duffy did ok today. Brown was my MOTM, by a country mile as it happens, followed by Wellens and Coppinger

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2013, 08:02:24 pm by Dare to dream! »
Phoenix,
Having had a good read of all the threads, you must be the only person who was there who thought 'Bennet did ok when he came on'

He was absolute, total, utter garbage. I wouldn't take my 3 year old grandson off for him. Why does anyone this he can play I this division when he wasn't good doing for League 1?

I thought Duffy did ok today. Brown was my MOTM, by a country mile as it happens, followed by Wellens and Coppinger

Brown was never the MOTM won a few headers held the ball well, that's it. Wellens for me he was outstanding

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2013, 08:04:30 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought Kyle did OK too. He chased them down and hassled them (as we were tiring in doing that) and actually caused a few mistakes and regained possession. He looked to be worrying them with his pace and running round.

He did lose the ball a few times, but there were few options at the time around him. FYI Hubby, Quinny, Wellens, Furman and others also lost the ball a few times too, but let's just focus on the target player, that's far easier 

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2013, 08:08:29 pm by Phoenix »
Phoenix,

As soon as Bennett came on, he won the ball and attacked down the wing, then a few minutes later had a decent effort on goal.

Ok, he faded a bit after that, but you could say that about other players too. I think because it's Bennett, folk are already starting out on a negative with him, so any mistake he makes gets more heavily scrutinised.

When all is said and done, it's not Bennett's fault that Brown/Khumalo gave their guy a free header on the back post, it's not Bennett's fault that Ross Turnbull was fifty yards up the field when Ince rolled in the third goal, and it's certainly not Bennett's fault that the formation was altered causing us to lose the pattern of play that had been so effective.

I thought the guy applied himself and tried to get involved and work when he came on, and that's all I'd ask. I'd say it's an easy way out and slightly cowardly to take the frustrations of today's defeat out on Bennett.

Just my opinion though, obviously.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2013, 08:15:28 pm by Wellred »
Phoenix,

As soon as Bennett came on, he won the ball and attacked down the wing, then a few minutes later had a decent effort on goal.

Ok, he faded a bit after that, but you could say that about other players too. I think because it's Bennett, folk are already starting out on a negative with him, so any mistake he makes gets more heavily scrutinised.

When all is said and done, it's not Bennett's fault that Brown/Khumalo gave their guy a free header on the back post, it's not Bennett's fault that Ross Turnbull was fifty yards up the field when Ince rolled in the third goal, and it's certainly not Bennett's fault that the formation was altered causing us to lose the pattern of play that had been so effective.

I thought the guy applied himself and tried to get involved and work when he came on, and that's all I'd ask. I'd say it's an easy way out and slightly cowardly to take the frustrations of today's defeat out on Bennett.

You forgot to add.
Its not Bennett's fault he is shite.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2013, 08:17:53 pm by RedJ »
I'm just waiting for Norfolk to tell us he was breathtaking against Peterborough two seasons back which proves that he's top class.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2013, 08:24:01 pm by Phoenix »
Phoenix,

You forgot to add.

:lol: Okay then Wellred. If you believe that today's defeat was Bennett's fault, then that's up to you.

As an aside, weren't you having a go at people on here for moaning a few days ago?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2013, 08:29:59 pm by Wellred »
Phoenix,

You forgot to add.
Phoenix,

You forgot to add.

:lol: Okay then Wellred. If you believe that today's defeat was Bennett's fault, then that's up to you.

As an aside, weren't you having a go at people on here for moaning a few days ago?

At no point did I say that today's defeat was down to Bennett. It wasn't down to Bennett.

Why I did say is that in my opinion Bennett is shite.
Oh and I am not basing that on today's game either.

donnyguy61

« Reply #15 on August 03, 2013, 08:31:32 pm by donnyguy61 »

Mark Duffy ‏@markduffy7 1m
Not injured guys  looking 4ward to Tuesdays game, hopefully get a win an sum goals for the fans

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2013, 10:24:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
It was not Bennetts fault we lost, it was not Bennetts fault he came on as sub. It was not Bennetts fault he was given another two year contract.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2013, 10:41:55 pm by MiKA »
It was not Bennetts fault we lost, it was not Bennetts fault he came on as sub. It was not Bennetts fault he was given another two year contract.

Here here 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 04, 2013, 12:06:18 am by Donnywolf »
I thought Duffy looked very good while he was on the pitch and when Bennett was coming ON I wondered who would make way

My candidates were NOT Jones Turnbull or Duffy and I was mortified to see Duffy going off. We lost a lot of threat for sure and I am afraid some of the comments slagging him (Bennett) off are imo accurate. He brought nothing to the party and annoys the hell out of me as he tries to Ref the game - but to be fair almost all the players were having a go at doing that

One positive is at least Dichov should now know which of the 2 is the better player
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:13:08 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012