Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:38:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Judas money talks !!!!!  (Read 3372 times)

epworth red

• Forum Member
Judas money talks !!!!!
« on August 04, 2013, 10:29:51 pm by epworth red »
 :boxing: Judas tommy sorry he has gone will miss him  but think we will survive

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Re: Judas money talks !!!!!
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2013, 10:35:22 pm by donnyallday »
Epworth Red, im not really sure what you are skilled with but that doesn't matter, as I just need an extra hand.

I don't know what your yearly salary is but.... I will pay you £50k more.

Start Monday.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2013, 10:36:58 pm by mrfrostsdad »
WTF?!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2013, 10:48:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
2 million over a couple of years is what is being reported   

Good Luck to him

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2013, 11:06:11 pm by epworth red »
Donnyallday might take you up on that offer lol , just gutted he left mate !! why do we not sort it sooner ?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2013, 11:07:23 pm by steve@dcfd »

Good Luck to him

That was said because we could not afford the contract we offered him. There is no way he will have been paid £20000 a week for an ex league 1 defender.  But it had to said like that because we never gave him the contract agreed in principle to sign.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 05, 2013, 12:42:27 am by eastender »

Good Luck to him

Not by Backburn it ain't ..........

Referring to the Spurr signing, Shaw added: “I am extremely surprised that Doncaster have stated that it’s a ‘multi-million pound’ deal, because I can assure our supporters that it is not.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 05, 2013, 08:25:50 am by wilts rover »

Good Luck to him

Not by Backburn it ain't ..........

Referring to the Spurr signing, Shaw added: “I am extremely surprised that Doncaster have stated that it’s a ‘multi-million pound’ deal, because I can assure our supporters that it is not.

Semantics. Would you define £2m as 'multi-million'? I certainly would in the real world, but in the football world, 'mutli-million means Real Madrid money. Blackburn have not said it is not around the £2m (over 2 years, with bonus's for promotion, cup runs etc), only that it is not 'mutli-million'.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2013, 08:46:06 am by LincsRover »
They can afford to pay more than us because, as premiership losers, they get parachute money which we, as league 1 champions, can only have wet dreams about!

But if another company offered to pay you much more, for a guaranteed longer period of time, and your company was keeping you waiting on a new contract, what would you do? With a young family, mortgage to pay and a short career then its a no brainer! Even as a rovers fan I could not afford to turn it down, so why should he?

:rtid:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 05, 2013, 08:53:46 am by steve@dcfd »
I am not complaining he signed for Blackburn he got a deal to ensure his future. But we should have given the contract that had been agreed in principle, PD words, to sign. We did not, why because we needed the investment to fund it. Therefore the budget set was not good enough to sign existing players in the championship. If JR as funded the Forrester deal, then the budget to stabilise our club in this division was not enough.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 05, 2013, 09:48:54 am by dickos1 »
The deals agreed in principle were the new signings.
We have no idea what went off, his agent could've been stalling for weeks trying to get him a better deal. And in the end he succeeded.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2013, 10:04:28 am by steve@dcfd »
I spoke to Tommy at Rossington he told me the deal was agreed but he was waiting for the contract to be given to him. Now he could have been lying or his agent may be wanted more money we will never know. But the way we are dealing with things now and JR supposedly having to fund The Forrester deal it makes me believe he was telling the truth.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2013, 10:06:29 am by AbsolutDRFC »
I spoke to Tommy at Rossington he told me the deal was agreed but he was waiting for the contract to be given to him. Now he could have been lying or his agent may be wanted more money we will never know. But the way we are dealing with things now and JR supposedly having to fund The Forrester deal it makes me believe he was telling the truth.

I'd be very surprised if JR had funded the Forrester deal.....
Sorry if I missed it on an earlier thread, but where did this "story" appear from?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2013, 10:20:54 am by steve@dcfd »

Sorry if I missed it on an earlier thread, but where did this "story" appear from?

Lifelong supporter
Buying a programme

Re: AGM?
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2013, 01:26:38 pmstring(12) "iPad.*Mobile" by Lifelong supporter »
It's okay, I've found something now on the Rumour Mill site under Movement behind the scenes.
Not quite sure what it's doing there but it seems JR did have a lot more to say.
I think the rift could get worse before it gets better.
It seems that JR has offered to fund from his own pocket the signing of Billy Sharp on loan until Christmas but the other two won't let him.
This after also funding the signing of Forrester himself.
What's going on?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2013, 10:29:42 am by AbsolutDRFC »

Lifelong supporter
Buying a programme

Re: AGM?
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2013, 01:26:38 pmstring(12) "iPad.*Mobile" by Lifelong supporter »
It's okay, I've found something now on the Rumour Mill site under Movement behind the scenes.
Not quite sure what it's doing there but it seems JR did have a lot more to say.
I think the rift could get worse before it gets better.
It seems that JR has offered to fund from his own pocket the signing of Billy Sharp on loan until Christmas but the other two won't let him.
This after also funding the signing of Forrester himself.
What's going on?

A-ha; thanks Steve.

Well I certainly wouldn't believe it now.

Lifelong supporter (yeah right; since Wembley probably) in the top 5 of ITK trolls, by the look of it.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 05, 2013, 11:23:53 am by Colin C No.3 »
From a source 'within' Blackburn Rovers, I'm told the average wage for a first team player is £35,000 a week. Tommy left for the dosh, just as Gareth Roberts did when he went to Derby. Can you really blame them? Now if he'd wanted to leave for the 'same reasons' being reported that makes Rooney want to leave Man Utd, then I'd be the first one to get on his case.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 05, 2013, 11:49:18 am by eastender »
From a source 'within' Blackburn Rovers, I'm told the average wage for a first team player is £35,000 a week. Tommy left for the dosh, just as Gareth Roberts did when he went to Derby. Can you really blame them? Now if he'd wanted to leave for the 'same reasons' being reported that makes Rooney want to leave Man Utd, then I'd be the first one to get on his case.

Blackburn certainly are good payers ....

£35,000 a week is over 50% more than the average Premiership wage never mind Championship.

Premiership average wage £22,353

Championship average Wage £4,059

I would imagine Tommy's some where in the middle of them 2 figures.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 05, 2013, 12:07:35 pm by Copps is Magic »
Let's not forget the issue of tax. Most footballers will be paying the highest rate of tax which, if it rests on semantics, can turn a 'multi-million' pound deal into something less.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 05, 2013, 12:12:57 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Let's not forget the issue of tax. Most footballers will be paying the highest rate of tax which, if it rests on semantics, can turn a 'multi-million' pound deal into something less.

True, but it depends on how they're employed (Jimmy Carr example!!), but also how much they're paying into their pension and how they're doing that too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012