Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:42:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well done South Standers  (Read 2452 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Well done South Standers
« on August 08, 2013, 02:19:16 pm by graingrover »
 As an expat I cannot get to all matches obviously but attended the first two home games and went in South stand .The atmosphere both games was amazing. The guys on the drum on Tuesay night in particular raised the crowd around them time and time again . Keep it up lads .. you are an important part of the matchday experience and I am sure the players love you.     

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnymatty

• Forum Member
Re: Well done South Standers
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2013, 02:28:15 pm by donnymatty »
This is partly helped due to the cash turnstiles

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2013, 02:33:49 pm by graingrover »
Yep .. I agree .. I heard a group of lads in the street in Barnby Dun on Tuesday afternoon ... Him .. are you going tonight mate . Other .. NO I havent got a ticket ... Him ... it's pay on the gate .. t'Other .. right I'll come with you then . 

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2013, 08:05:44 pm by thumper »
Me and my pal who went Tuesday couldn't get pay on the gate tickets, the 2 lads in front took the last 2, gutted!

Wonder how many tickets they had for pay on the gate, anyone know? I think a few others behind us got redirected to the ticket office as well as us. Maybe a few more needed on the gate?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2013, 08:14:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think Lee in his SLO capacity will be able to tell you more, but it's something being worked upon. It's clearly unsatisfactory for ALL concerned but we have to look at ways of making it work better and not forget, that it's a positive thing and will evolve. 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2013, 08:46:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Me and my dad rocked up 5 mins before ko. Was still a big queue at ticket office, and then remembered about pay on gate. Was great! Handed tenner over, straight in and plenty of seats to choose from  :thumbsup:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2013, 09:01:49 pm by Sprotyrover »
Maybe a board man outside ticket office advertising pay on the gate :rtid:

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2013, 09:07:11 pm by Jimmydee »
My 4 year old grand daughter came along for her first game, she joined in with the rhythmic clapping along with the drum and learned a few chants, it prevented the boredom of having to sit down to watch something that is totally alien to a 4 year old girl for nearly 2 hours.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2013, 09:22:41 pm by thumper »
I think Lee in his SLO capacity will be able to tell you more, but it's something being worked upon. It's clearly unsatisfactory for ALL concerned but we have to look at ways of making it work better and not forget, that it's a positive thing and will evolve. 

Sorry wasn't meaning it as a criticism, I turned up just about on ko time so cant complain about there none being left. I think it's great having the option to pay on the gate and will certainly use it over the ticket office if possible

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2013, 10:56:01 pm by RedRover45 »

Sorry wasn't meaning it as a criticism, I turned up just about on ko time so cant complain about there none being left. I think it's great having the option to pay on the gate and will certainly use it over the ticket office if possible

Just over 400 tickets are available on the cash turnstiles for three blocks, row A -H.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2013, 02:33:36 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Didn't go Tuesday, but I was there Saturday. 'Amazing atmosphere?'
Must have sounded better in the south stand than the west. Don't even think the drummer was there Saturday?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2013, 02:48:42 pm by graingrover »
Oh sorry Mr Frost .. I forgot that negative aspect .. thanks again mate .. I do hope it rains for you today.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 09, 2013, 02:54:38 pm by Donnyrovers »
Must have sounded better in the south stand than the west. Don't even think the drummer was there Saturday?

I agree I was in the South on Saturday and it was far from an amazing amotsphere only time I heard any loud chanting was for Wellens, Jones when he scored and when Copps went off.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 09, 2013, 03:16:29 pm by graingrover »
ok I stand corrected it was not amazing .. it's just me feeling good about things .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 09, 2013, 03:20:59 pm by RedJ »
It depends where you sit really. If you're sat in amongst the main group of people who sing it's better than being off to the side or below or what have you.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 09, 2013, 03:26:28 pm by graingrover »
In the centre of SS up high not far from core group which is around the drum stand ... best !!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 09, 2013, 04:12:02 pm by River Don »
It sounded better than usual to me in the East Stand. I wasnt the only one to notice, a couple of people commented on it.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 09, 2013, 07:37:17 pm by deebee »
Jimmydee I am surprised you let your four year old daughter say all those swear words.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2013, 12:40:58 am by godlike1 »
[/quot

Rather than listening to what the south stand sings don't you think you'd be better off singing to help create an atmosphere and therefore enjoy the whole game and experience more?

There is more than one occasion others have copied me when I've started chanting and signing

TinyPortal © 2005-2012