Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:10:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Print...  (Read 2289 times)

casperjebba

• Forum Member
Print...
« on August 08, 2013, 11:41:27 pm by casperjebba »
Long time lurker on here, first time poster....

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Couple of weeks ago I noticed walking upstairs at the KMS for the 'meet the owners' thing that there is a huge print of the exact moment Copps tapped it in. Like an elevated position behind the Brentford goal. Was a great photo and for the life of me can't find it on the internet anywhere even to buy.

Anyone got an idea who took it/where I can find it?

Ta

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Phoenix

• Forum Member
Re: Print...
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2013, 11:45:48 pm by Phoenix »
Not sure if it's exactly the same one you mean, but there's a photo pretty much fitting that description (but just before Copps tapped it in) in the Blackpool programme. Says underneath it was taken by 'When Saturday Comes' photographer Simon Gill.

Hope this helps.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2013, 11:53:04 pm by silent majority »
Yep, that's the same one. I'm sure deebee has some copies of it, see him in the BVB on match days.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2013, 11:54:16 pm by Lipsy »
Third time's a charm...

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2013, 08:20:46 am by DubaiRover »
Where can you buy blown up versions made to fit a full wall, made to measure?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2013, 08:23:13 am by mushRTID »
Look at the 6 brentford players at the other end ha ha. What a day.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2013, 09:59:55 am by VivaRovers »
It is by Simon Gill, who was covering the match for When Saturday Comes. I do a few bits and pieces for WSC, I'll see if I can find out if Simon does prints.

Seal Sullivan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2013, 11:06:58 am by Seal Sullivan »
That's a great photo, and look at Paynter and Cotts (at least I presume it Cotts) they aren't even looking at the ball or the goal!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2013, 11:10:26 am by Spud »
It was in the programme on saturday, great shot.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2013, 11:26:43 am by Drover »
That's a great photo, and look at Paynter and Cotts (at least I presume it Cotts) they aren't even looking at the ball or the goal!

Yes I noticed that too,also the REF too.I think they might be checking to see if the lino is giving offside or was there any fans encroaching?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2013, 01:22:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What a photo!

And I think that puts to bed the idea that Coppinger was offside. Unless Paynter was running faster than Coppinger after he played the pass, Coppinger must have been behind Paynter when the pass was made.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2013, 01:33:04 pm by scuzzer »
I'd also like a massive print of that picture. It's in the stairway on the way up to the Premier Club and makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck every time i see it!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 09, 2013, 02:01:38 pm by RoversDave »
Deebee has a raffle at home games  for this print, also for sale.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 09, 2013, 09:00:14 pm by POD »
Deebee has a raffle at home games  for this print, also for sale.

The print looks great Rovers Dave - can you explain who is Dee Bee and what you mean by the raffle on match days?  Is the print available to buy and if so, where can it be bought from and how much?  Thanks.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 09, 2013, 09:08:24 pm by LincsRover »
DeeBee sells framed & non-framed photos in BV bar on match days. That print was for sale for £50 to order, but he also ran a raffle to win one. I didn't win unfortunately! I'm sure he'll respond when he reads this but if you're at KM for Blackburn game he'll probably be there to take your order.

:rtid:

CoventryRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 09, 2013, 09:12:10 pm by CoventryRed »
You can buy the print at home games from the Belle Vue bar where Derek from UREDZ Images is set up (the gent pictured there). I got a framed print for £15. It was a little smaller than the one for raffle but I'm sure a larger one could be done to order. He offers that one with the embellishments (smaller shots at the bottom and the scoreline etc) or just the plain shot (that's the one I went for).

He had some there and then on Saturday. I wanted two, he only had one left but had them both ready on Tuesday. Also offered to keep hold of them until after the game so I didn't have to take them into the stadium.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2013, 07:04:03 am by RoversDave »
I ordered the Copps tap in print, but was lucky enough to win the print above it in the raffle. So I am collecting them at the Blackburn game. I think the 2 replies above gave you all the details you need to get  normal sized prints from Derek.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2013, 09:14:54 am by POD »
I ordered the Copps tap in print, but was lucky enough to win the print above it in the raffle. So I am collecting them at the Blackburn game. I think the 2 replies above gave you all the details you need to get  normal sized prints from Derek.

Yes thanks to you all for the information.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2013, 01:19:47 pm by dickos1 »
Must've been close to being offside..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012