Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:49:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adelakun  (Read 14064 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Adelakun
« Reply #120 on April 24, 2024, 11:55:54 pm by karldew »
It would be an expensive signing. Let’s say for arguments sake he’d want 4K per week and a 2 year deal. Thats the broad end of 500k.

Not eye watering, buts it’s probably quite a bit more than we’ve paid for a while

The tough thing about that is then other players saying they want similar as they believe their not £2k a week worse than him. We’ve got to stick to the structure in place, it’s upto Haks if he’s happy with that or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on April 25, 2024, 11:29:18 am by Mike_F »
I guess you could always make up for it to a degree with signing fee, add-ons etc. And write an NDA on salary into the contract.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 25, 2024, 12:48:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Average weekly wage in League One is around £3.5k.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 25, 2024, 02:05:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Don’t forget the ave goes up massively when you have clubs like Derby County in it

Bolton and Pompey won’t be paying peanuts either.

Next season IF we are in league 1 ( capital IF ) there could be Derby or Bolton, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield., Birmingham all paying wages way above the ave.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 25, 2024, 02:31:25 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Rovers style of play, of attack, has been adapted to suit Adelukan, with the long balls out of defence. Credit is due to McCann for this. Whether Adelukan would be as effective without it would be key to his maximum value in any other team. And of course at a higher level the opposition might not find it as difficult to deal with.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 25, 2024, 05:26:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Don’t forget the ave goes up massively when you have clubs like Derby County in it

Bolton and Pompey won’t be paying peanuts either.

Next season IF we are in league 1 ( capital IF ) there could be Derby or Bolton, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield., Birmingham all paying wages way above the ave.

You have correctly identified how an average is calculated.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on April 25, 2024, 05:29:22 pm by graingrover »
I assume the club would make an offer based on this season’s league status with an increase if we get promoted .It would be a reason players withhold their decision until that is known Beyond that Grant has said he will fix a deadline upon which the offers will be withdrawn to avoid getting into a situation whereby agents use our offer as a bargaining  chip with other clubs .

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on April 25, 2024, 05:33:45 pm by graingrover »
Ever since I witnessed Paul Green’s delight at beating Leeds at Wembley only to read he was going to Derby two days later I keep my feet on the ground .Players may love a club but be lured away by greener grass .
Grant knows all this and will have experienced all sorts of ups and downs at contract renewal time as with all players who are out of contract at the end of a season .
The Italians used to oblige clubs to settle all transfer business on one single day .The reps would all meet at a hotel and the transfer of all Série A players was determined between them that day .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 05:38:57 pm by graingrover »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on April 25, 2024, 05:38:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Ever since I witnessed Paul Green’s delight at beating Leeds at Wembley only to read he was going to Derby two days later I keep my feet on the ground .Players may love a club but be lured away by greener grass .

Maybe there is no Adelakuner grass Brian? :lol:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on April 25, 2024, 05:44:31 pm by graingrover »
Maybe there is no Adelakuner grass Brian

Yes there is Dutch ..they smoke it in Holland .

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 25, 2024, 05:51:14 pm by Petche »
Grant knows all this and will have experienced all sorts of ups and downs at contract renewal time as with all players who are out of contract at the end of a season .
The Italians used to oblige clubs to settle all transfer business on one single day .The reps would all meet at a hotel and the transfer of all Série A players was determined between them that day .

I remember being absolutely gobsmacked by this at the time.
I now know not to take anything for granted and realise there is generally no loyalty in football.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 25, 2024, 09:44:19 pm by Dabbermoo »
I spoke to Haks today for a good hour about how he's enjoying playing and what he thinks has changed from his time at Lincoln, his words where he is enjoying his football again, he has got freedom on the pitch and he feels wanted here. I did ask if he is staying next season and he answered imo honestly and said he doesn't know, he will get to the end of the season and switch off from football and have a mental break from it all which is fair enough, I also asked if it would matter if we were in league 1 or 2 and he said no it wouldn't. He was a lovely bloke to talk to and said the whole team are looking forward to Saturday, they will be going for the 3 points and the whole team is thrilled we have sold out the away end and are looking forward to giving the fans another great performance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012