Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:28:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hartlepool ticket price s reduced  (Read 2968 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Hartlepool ticket price s reduced
« on May 01, 2017, 10:32:22 am by deebee »
Hartlepool have reduced their ticket prices for the last match to £5. Should the away fans who bought tickets at full price now get a refund of the difference?. Is there a rule that says they can pay less and away fans can be ripped off? Discuss!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Hartlepool ticket price s reduced
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2017, 11:06:31 am by Superspy »
I thought there was something in the rules that says a club can do a "local offer" or something a number of times during the season for home fans.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2017, 11:15:13 am by silent majority »
I thought there was something in the rules that says a club can do a "local offer" or something a number of times during the season for home fans.

Yes they can. They're called community days and clubs can do 3 each season.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2017, 12:01:56 pm by nortikorner »
Would they do it if they had  no sky money  NO .Offer should go to the Away Supporters  as well .I am not going so its not sour grapes with me

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2017, 01:21:42 pm by Susan Abbott »
Hartlepool have reduced their ticket prices for the last match to £5. Should the away fans who bought tickets at full price now get a refund of the difference?. Is there a rule that says they can pay less and away fans can be ripped off? Discuss!
It's a small price to pay for seeing your home town being relegated. I'd be more concerned about trouble after the match with idiots buying cheap tickets .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2017, 01:38:35 pm by mushRTID »

How many have we done this season?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2017, 03:24:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I don't understand why it's allowed though. You can't discriminate on colour,gender, nationality etc so why on what football team you support?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2017, 03:36:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I don't understand why it's allowed though. You can't discriminate on colour,gender, nationality etc so why on what football team you support?

Maybe nobody's actually challenged it legally

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2017, 03:50:45 pm by the vicar »
When we do the community days we include away fans

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2017, 04:05:40 pm by German Rover »
When we do the community days we include away fans

And thats what makes us better than them.  that and the monkey hanging

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2017, 04:18:18 pm by Superspy »

It isn't a Protected Characteristic under the Equality Act, so there wouldn't be a basis for a legal challenge. Legally they can discriminate for anything that isn't a Protected Characteristic. Football Club affiliation, height, weight (as long as not connected to a disability), beard length if they really wanted to...

Drfc1996

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2017, 04:37:20 pm by Drfc1996 »
How many of you took advantage of the free tickets for palace at home a few years ago? Or Voucher M?

All clubs do it and fans get the good and bad of it, can't blame them. If the game was reverse fixture I'd expect our commercial/marketing team to do similar.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2017, 05:52:18 pm by silent majority »

It isn't a Protected Characteristic under the Equality Act, so there wouldn't be a basis for a legal challenge. Legally they can discriminate for anything that isn't a Protected Characteristic. Football Club affiliation, height, weight (as long as not connected to a disability), beard length if they really wanted to...

Spot on. We tried that angle a few years ago before any legal attempt and that's the answer we were given. We also made an official compliant to the Football Ombudsman who dismissed it out of hand.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2017, 07:20:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Spot on. We tried that angle a few years ago before any legal attempt and that's the answer we were given. We also made an official compliant to the Football Ombudsman who dismissed it out of hand.

Tbh SM I guessed the fsf would have looked at it

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2017, 08:09:09 pm by rich1471 »
I got my ticket and was happy paying £20 then and am still happy at £20 now even if the home fans get in for a fiver my all the crap they have seen this year even fiver is possibly to much

TinyPortal © 2005-2012