Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:54:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alfredo Morelos  (Read 4207 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Re: Alfredo Morelos
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2019, 06:19:26 am by phil old leake »
Liability. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2019, 02:06:39 pm by bobbymax »
It Celtic played in English / fictional UK wide league, they would surely be a top half Premier League side most seasons easily. But they would not be winning league very often and would struggle to make Champions League. As a result they would be frozen out of big money.
I've got be honest, I write a bit about Scottish football so have actually had to watch some of it over the last two seasons. The general standard is appalling and barely up to League 2 at times. The top three teams are better but nowhere near Premier League standard. Celtic and Rangers would both struggle to stay out of relegation trouble in most Championship seasons.

Whilst the standard is certainly as you describe (albeit that makes it entertaining), put either Glasgow club in the English pyramid where they would benefit from English TV money then they'd be fine in the premiership. Club size will play a factor. There havent been many clubs of their size that have hit the third tier without taking into account serious financial ineptitude.

I genuinely believe that, 20 years ago, when they were at their peak with experienced foreign internationals there, if both clubs had joined the Premier League then one of them would have been Champions League winners by now.

Think of a never-ending support, due to religion, the fact they'd be isolated geographically in a 'British Premier League' and that they would sell-out crowds easily. That would have undoubtedly attracted investment around the same time as Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea and with the TV money going crazy since then, they'd have only got stronger on all fronts.

Ifs, buts and maybes nowadays as they're a million miles off, but if they joined English football now they'd be in the top half of the Premier League within a decade. Maybe not top, but certainly no worse than Newcastle, Everton, etc.
I can only base my observations on the now. As it stands, no club in Scotland is anywhere near Premier League standard. As has been noted, that could and would change if Celtic and Rangers had PL money going into the coffers every week but I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2019, 05:31:09 pm by The Beast »
Never liked Scott Brown but good luck to him getting under the Rangers fan’s skin! Vile club, like a Scottish version of Leeds!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2019, 06:35:08 pm by ravenrover »
3 Rangers players in trouble after the game 1 sent off, I 2nd yellow in the tunnel, 1 cited after the game and the same name crops up every time

TinyPortal © 2005-2012