Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:46:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Return: ITEN on Rovers, Wellens and the new season  (Read 996 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Hi folks,

It's later than planned but finally here, ITEN's return to the Doncaster Rovers discourse! I've penned thoughts on the return of fans to games, changes for the new season and the work of Richie Wellens and his squad in pre-season. You can read it at the following link:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/the-return-doncaster-rovers-21-22

Thanks for reading, please let me know your thoughts on all that I've discussed in this comeback piece.

Our content output will be changing a little bit this season, with something in the works for the near future that I'm excited about, but there will be new articles to read each week as always and I'm looking forward to getting going again after a break and an enforced delay over the past couple of weeks.

Stay tuned over the next week for a piece looking at Rovers' prospects for the coming season as well as a Season Preview of sorts ahead of the Wimbledon game.

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Re: The Return: ITEN on Rovers, Wellens and the new season
« Reply #1 on July 24, 2021, 06:18:14 pm by essexrover »
Thanks for that RoversAlias. You're right it HAS been a long time coming, but all being well just two more weeks & we're off & running. I look forward to reading more as the season progresses.
Oh & I hope you've fully recovered after your hospital visit.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 25, 2021, 12:39:29 am by RoversAlias »
Thank you Essexrover!

I haven't fully recovered yet but I'm getting there and certainly hope to be at the Wimbledon game, which will be a welcome occasion after recent events.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 25, 2021, 05:55:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Good read, that. Looking forward to the 7th! Hope you're well in time for the game RA. Always thought I'd enjoy if you did a ITEN Podcast, discussing transfer, recent games, etc.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 25, 2021, 06:03:58 pm by scawsby steve »
Great article, Alias. Take care of yourself, and get back to full health as soon as you can.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 25, 2021, 06:59:22 pm by Campsall rover »
Great read as always Alias.

Hope you are getting back to full health and able to be at the opening game on the 7th Aug.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 26, 2021, 12:48:30 am by RoversAlias »
Thanks DO, Steve and Campsall, I'm getting better each day so the Wimbledon game is pencilled in if that trend continues!

Also DO, it seems you may have intuited some of the pages of our content planning for the season ahead! But I'll say no more for now..  :whistle:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 26, 2021, 02:03:54 am by PDX_Rover »
Glad you’re on the mend. A late fitness test and straight back into the squad.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 26, 2021, 03:37:35 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Reading the previous article reminds me of how it seemed difficult not to imagine that we’d at least make the play-offs. Compared with the misery of the run-in, there are genuine grounds for hope now and probably a greater basis for trusting that RW is not quite the unknown quantity that his two predecessors were. Ferguson was more open and I always felt he would “deliver”, though it was not immediately. In RW you are sure of his understanding of the club culture and hope it means that his commitment will be long and not short-term. The openness of his style also contrasts with his two immediate predecessors and that buys understanding as well as support with people like us.

Usually you have no idea how players will be on the pitch, but RW is well on the way to convincing me that they will gel, even though I have not seen any of the newcomers actually play!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012