Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:22:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not worried  (Read 5419 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Not worried
« Reply #60 on September 09, 2023, 08:45:10 pm by ravenrover »
Was Ironside offside or not? I could see that Biggins was, Ironside during the play looked like he has a few Wrexham players in advance of him.

I have not seen the replay yet.
I have, and in slow motion, he was off side

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 09, 2023, 08:46:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Was Ironside offside or not? I could see that Biggins was, Ironside during the play looked like he has a few Wrexham players in advance of him.

I have not seen the replay yet.

He wad the thick end of a yard offside. No debate.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 09, 2023, 08:52:08 pm by Campsall rover »
Still people think we can win the league.
Who exactly has said that? I haven’t seen any comment from anyone saying we can win the league.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 09, 2023, 08:55:13 pm by jmt23 »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 09, 2023, 09:55:56 pm by dickos1 »
We had TWO shots on target today. That tells you a lot.

It tells u nothing

Given our rate of conceding goals, it tells you both had to go in to have a decent chance of picking up a point.

Well we had a dubious goal disallowed, Anderson missed a sitter from 5 yards, faal decided to shoot instead of rolling it to molyneux for a tap in, we had a corner that bounced on the 6 yard line,
We created some good opportunities today, but by your reckoning if we’d had 3 or 4 shots from 40 yards on target that the keeper put his hat on it would’ve been a much better performance

Go on. I'll bite. What dubious goal did we have disallowed?

There was only one disallowed goal

And what was dubious about the decision?

The discussion whether he was off or not means it was dubious. Rovers fans were in line and the view was that Ironside was inside but the other two weren’t.
Mccann was also going mad

So yes it was dubious

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 09, 2023, 10:00:12 pm by jmt23 »
My question has gone, not sure what happened?

Is there any video showing the offside I can look at, I was certain it was a goal watching on the tv, just goes to show!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 09, 2023, 10:02:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It wasn't dubious. It was about a yard offside. The fact that a string of people got that wrong doesn't make it "dubious". It makes them wrong.

Using that as an example is even dafter than the one last week where a defender comfortably cut out a cross 4 yards in front of the intended target and you insisted it was inches from being a goal.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 09, 2023, 10:11:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We had 0.72 xG to Wrexham’s 1.43 xG

But even then that doesn’t account for things like poor final balls.

We had more possession v league favourites away from home.

What was Faals xG for the actual goal?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 09, 2023, 10:14:25 pm by dickos1 »
Impossible to compare with the Stockport. Their underlying numbers were saying they were one of the best teams in L2 from very early in the season. Ours are saying we are rubbish at this same point. Stockports results improved to align with performances. Our results are a reflection of the performances, albeit we deserve more than 2 points. We have been the worst team in the league over the first 7 games. 

There is no way in the games v MK dons, Swindon and today that we are performing as the worst side in the league.
All 3 games produced performances that could have easily brought us 3 wins, were showing now that we are a good side.
The goals against us today were very unlucky, I think there’s every chance we can go on a run over the next few weeks

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 09, 2023, 10:19:00 pm by dickos1 »
It wasn't dubious. It was about a yard offside. The fact that a string of people got that wrong doesn't make it "dubious". It makes them wrong.

Using that as an example is even dafter than the one last week where a defender comfortably cut out a cross 4 yards in front of the intended target and you insisted it was inches from being a goal.

It looked dubious live at the game, I said it was dubious on the way home from the game.
If you were sat at home watching it on tv then fair enough.

Regarding last week it’s irrelevant if the defender comfortably cut it out it was a great chance and the final ball let us down similar to faals today.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 09, 2023, 10:24:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickos.

If you're insisting that an instance where a defender comfortably cuts out a cross with literally no Rovers player within 4 yards of him is a "great chance" then I think we are living in different logical universes.

It had the POTENTIAL to be a great chance. But saying "that had the potential to be a great chance had our players done better, therefore it's a great chance" is one reason why it's so difficult to talk about things sensibly with you.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 09, 2023, 10:31:24 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos.

If you're insisting that an instance where a defender comfortably cuts out a cross with literally no Rovers player within 4 yards of him is a "great chance" then I think we are living in different logical universes.

It had the POTENTIAL to be a great chance. But saying "that had the potential to be a great chance had our players done better, therefore it's a great chance" is one reason why it's so difficult to talk about things sensibly with you.

What are you talking about billy, no rovers player within 4 yards?
The ball was going to molyneux to tap in,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 09, 2023, 10:37:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Molyneux was 4 yards away from the defender who comfortably intercepted the cross, albeit he ballsed up his clearance. It wasn't remotely a 1/8th of a half chance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on September 09, 2023, 11:23:41 pm by dickos1 »
We have a very different view of what a chance is, which is fine.
We have a very different view of most things

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on September 09, 2023, 11:37:06 pm by Canadian Rover »
I still predict a promotion party at Wembley this season!!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 10, 2023, 01:59:48 am by scawsby steve »
My fear is that the season will be written off again at the beginning of March, with no realistic chance of going either up or down.

The excitement of that night at Charlton now seems a distant memory.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 10, 2023, 03:09:30 am by Butchers Red »
3 pages of comments and it's easy enough to tell who was there or not!

It's League 2 - NOT fantasy football FFS

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 10, 2023, 08:15:44 am by colincramb »
Impossible to compare with the Stockport. Their underlying numbers were saying they were one of the best teams in L2 from very early in the season. Ours are saying we are rubbish at this same point. Stockports results improved to align with performances. Our results are a reflection of the performances, albeit we deserve more than 2 points. We have been the worst team in the league over the first 7 games. 

There is no way in the games v MK dons, Swindon and today that we are performing as the worst side in the league.
All 3 games produced performances that could have easily brought us 3 wins, were showing now that we are a good side.
The goals against us today were very unlucky, I think there’s every chance we can go on a run over the next few weeks

But the reality is we only got 1 from the 3 games you’ve mentioned. We’ve only got 1 point from a possible 21. I’d argue that comfortable makes us the worst performing side so far this season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 10, 2023, 08:32:03 am by sedwardsdrfc »
There was a thread about this been the opposite of last season I.e. slow start. Reality is we will end up in the same position or there abouts but I stream of dropping like a stone we’ll get better.

Important thing now is we get our recruitment in order for next season. Obviously not one for McCann who needs to be trying to get playoffs but someone (Blunt really) needs to sort it out.

Been another year of some very average signings and this time the excuse isn’t lack of funds it’s squarely at choices made. Cops I’m afraid is learning on the job with that and can Terry really chuck extra money in until he gets it right

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 10, 2023, 08:52:21 am by tyke1962 »
My fear is that the season will be written off again at the beginning of March, with no realistic chance of going either up or down.

The excitement of that night at Charlton now seems a distant memory.

I can see why many Rovers fans are confident you'll soon start climbing the league because yesterday you more than matched Wrexham at times in the game .

The difference in psychology between the two teams was very striking , Wrexham have won an awful lot of football games over the last two seasons and Rovers haven't , Wrexham fully believed they could snatch the win whilst Rovers hoped they could .

Wrexham have probably been in the position they were in yesterday late in the game many times over the last two season's and got it done .

Rovers need to start doing that , you are pretty much learning from scratch with such a young team .

Knowing how to win games is a much understated skill .

How long this takes of course is the question .

I'd suggest that GM has enough ability and experience to find a way to get this young group picking up points .

If you were under an inexperienced manager in his first job I'd probably be very worried right now but that's not the case .

There's some good young talent at the club , it just needs lots of work on that training ground and a bit of know how on how to win games of football .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 10, 2023, 09:03:48 am by dickos1 »

But the reality is we only got 1 from the 3 games you’ve mentioned. We’ve only got 1 point from a possible 21. I’d argue that comfortable makes us the worst performing side so far this season.

Completely Missing the point of the discussion though,
We were comparing with Stockport last season and gaz said their performances last season were better than the results showed.
We can also say this over the last 3 league and 1 cup game

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 10, 2023, 09:12:04 am by Chris Black come back »
We look better than last season and we are staying in the game for longer, looking competitive.

This is a world away though from winning games.

We’ve played a total of 630 normal time league minutes this season and been ahead for a total of 26 minutes, all of which came in a single game, the Mansfield Town game. That’s 604 minutes when we have not been ahead.

We are getting better but we don’t create enough chances and of those few we create, we don’t finish them.

26 minutes ahead. 604 minutes not ahead.

That’s the story of this season. Winning is different from staying in a game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 10, 2023, 09:44:05 am by dickos1 »
How many minutes have we been behind that would be a more balanced comparison

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 10, 2023, 09:49:06 am by Chris Black come back »
255 minutes. 40pc of all league game time behind.

26 minutes or 4pc of all game time, in front.

353 minutes or 56pc of all game time, drawing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 09:58:18 am by Chris Black come back »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on September 10, 2023, 09:57:58 am by dickos1 »
Obviously if you include the two cup games it would be closer.
But yes it’s an obvious stat as we’re currently bottom of the table, but plenty of time to improve

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on September 10, 2023, 10:31:18 am by mpc123 »
We had TWO shots on target today. That tells you a lot.
Did you watch it? Or a case of bbc stats?

i think we should rename the bbc stats "the BBC Doomsday Stats"   they do what they say on the tin

the aim is to devalue a teams performance at a stroke.

The world we live in when people don't want to take facts as facts. Just accept we're not doing well.

It's not that people don't accept we are doing well, we can see that there are major positives.

We need to collect points of course, GM will get there, after the last 2 / 3 seasons this is brilliant. Another week to work on them and a winnable game coming.

Positivity will get us all there, if we were constantly playing bad I'd also be in your camp, but we are not.

10 injuries for starters. They are all starting to come back.

In GM I trust its more a matter of when not if.

Keep positive, the club obviously see the support from the fans even when the chips are a little down.  Negativity at this point in the BIG CHANGE will get us nowhere.
GM knows the reality, it's upto him and his team to change it, but most importantly for ALL of us to support.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 10, 2023, 11:32:13 am by ForsolongaRover »
This was the 3rd game I’ve seen live on TV after the 2 cup matches and I thought that we looked the best we have so far. There was structure, plus a degree of mutual understanding even if work is still needed on execution. This time last year McSheffery’s team did not LOOK as good to me yet they were in the play-off spots.

Another factor was that Wrexham have probably changed their strategy. Sitting back and allowing us the freedom of our own half was surely not how they conceded all those goals in their opening matches. We restricted them to a goal plus a fortunate deflection and Swindon showed again yesterday that they can easily beat most defences, so these are encouragements.

As has been suggested, most of the teams we have played so far are hovering around the top end which is to some extent due to having gained points from us, but it cannot be entirely unrelated to their quality.

I was a bit surprised that GM was so critical, but he knows them better than we do.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 10, 2023, 01:36:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There was a thread about this been the opposite of last season I.e. slow start. Reality is we will end up in the same position or there abouts but I stream of dropping like a stone we’ll get better.

Important thing now is we get our recruitment in order for next season. Obviously not one for McCann who needs to be trying to get playoffs but someone (Blunt really) needs to sort it out.

Been another year of some very average signings and this time the excuse isn’t lack of funds it’s squarely at choices made. Cops I’m afraid is learning on the job with that and can Terry really chuck extra money in until he gets it right

Had to check the year on this post.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 10, 2023, 01:39:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Completely Missing the point of the discussion though,
We were comparing with Stockport last season and gaz said their performances last season were better than the results showed.
We can also say this over the last 3 league and 1 cup game

But we've had worse xG than the opposition in the last 3? Haven't had better xG than another team since Harrogate, and it was February before that.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 10, 2023, 01:57:16 pm by Barmby Rover »
Offside or not, we should have produced enough chances to make the idea academic. We are not creating enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012