Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:55:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Ebbsfleet F.A.cup game  (Read 13714 times)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Lets talk about the Ebbsfleet F.A.cup game
« Reply #90 on November 03, 2017, 10:18:16 pm by Surrey Rover »

Just a small point or two on this - firstly, our Club Secretary has confirmed this was at the insistence of the police rather than our club.
Secondly, the match tickets are at your club office, so unless they set them back to us, they could not be made available for collection at the ground - and if they were being sent back to us, they may as well be sent to the purchasers.
You guys had 2 weeks to order tickets from your club - if you chose to leave it to the last minute, its your lookout. To complain about our sales process is a bit off. After all, what if you had sold out before now - you would have had no ticket at all. And selling tickets on the day then would mean potential trouble if additional Doncaster fans tried getting tickets in the home end.
We will only have 2 or 3 full houses this season  - if that - so setting up a online sales process is more hassle that its worth at the moment.It would also mean finding the staff to deal with it.

Alan

Your comments are insular and clearly without regard to individuals varying circumstances in life. There are many who hold down occupations often in public service who are unable to make commitments to leisure time until maybe 24/48 hours due to the nature of the service they provide. To suggest it's "your lookout" is a childish comment and one that you should be ashamed of. The process of buying tickets the day before a match and collecting from the venue on the day is one that is in regular use and for what is worth was in operation only three weeks ago at your near neighbours Charlton Athletic.   
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:22:11 pm by Surrey Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on November 04, 2017, 12:27:47 am by Lesonthewest »
Would just like to apologise to Alan that at the last minute, I could make the game, 'you guys' deserve a medal for putting up with us, well done, don't know how you managed it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 04, 2017, 12:36:29 am by RedJ »
Almost as if we're paying money into their club to watch a game of football...

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 04, 2017, 06:56:09 am by anne honemous »
It should be straight forward to arrange ticket collections for visiting supporters on the day.

Our team bus will be at the ground by 1.30pm latest, and will make at least one drop off at the ground earlier in the day for the kit (as I'd be almost certain this game qualifies for an overnight stay).

It's not rocket science that the kit man could drop off unsold tickets/tickets that need to be collected at the Ebbsfleet ticket office around lunchtime or earlier, thus giving them the chance to set everything up.

If Ebbsfleet can't facilitate matchday ticket collections for exiled supporters or late buyers, then it probably says more about their Tinpot United FC status than anything else.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on November 04, 2017, 07:21:23 am by DRFCMach2man »
Games like this always have potential for upset. Fergie hopefully will put out a side of mixed youngsters/senior players to get the job done. They will certainly be up for it with nothing to lose - we potentially have a lot to lose!!
Watched MK Dons last nite put out Hyde Utd who battled well in parts but in the end MK's quality sowed through and beat them comfortably and that's what I expect us to do this afternoon :rtid:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 04, 2017, 09:24:24 am by dknward2 »
Surprised we hadn’t already sold it out think that says more about us aswell

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 04, 2017, 09:38:35 am by RedJ »
Well it is a fair trek in fairness.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on November 04, 2017, 10:07:54 am by ditch_drfc »
Alan, I haven't got a problem with it being all ticket. Loads of matches are.

But in my whole history of attending away matches, I've never been told I can't collect from the away club.

I shouldn't have to justify why I haven't got tickets earlier. As it turns out, I didn't know who'd be going with me, so I didn't know how many to buy until yesterday. But that's beside the point.

Now I'm having to wait in hoping on the post for a match that's a 20min drive away.

You need to take a look at your club's organisation mate.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 04, 2017, 10:31:39 pm by anne honemous »

But in my whole history of attending away matches, I've never been told I can't collect from the away club.

I shouldn't have to justify why I haven't got tickets earlier. As it turns out, I didn't know who'd be going with me, so I didn't know how many to buy until yesterday. But that's beside the point.

Now I'm having to wait in hoping on the post for a match that's a 20min drive away.

Did they arrive in time, mate?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 04, 2017, 10:33:57 pm by selby »
   Well its a funny old game,we started the game very well playing good football until the 18yrd line again,then as in most of our other games we peter out and dont make their goalkeeper make a save of any note.
Then all of a sudden Alcock starts spraying passes straight to their forwards,and we manage to once again gift a bad goal away when our goalkeeper plays rugby in the box.What the hell he was thinking,if he was thinking at all, I do not know.
  By this time we are a shambles and get caught out with a second goal,when Lawlor came out for a one on one and spread himself and was on the floor before their player actually shot,resulting in an easy
 shot over his prone body.
  My first thoughts were thats it we dont score three to win games,then with 2 minutes being shown of added time I said we could do with scoring before half time to get in the game,Blair suddenly came into the game and 2 goals in those 2 minutes sent us in the dressing room on a high,and not quite believing what we had seen.
  Fergie took their most creative forward off, and replaced him with a defender in Mason,and we were a different team in the second half.
  Coppinger and Kolongo who had not done a lot in the first half joined Rowe in attacking their back four, and we completely overran the Ebbsfleet midfield.
 We ended the game in complete control,Rowe and Marquise,who kept pressurizing their defenders all the game, and got the important second goal my two men of the match.A great second half, but a bloody awful 20 minutes in the first half.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 04, 2017, 10:36:20 pm by NickDRFC »
Ebbsfleet were utter shite, if we'd lost that it would have been ridiculously embarrassing. Other than Lawlor's brain fart(s) they didn't threaten us in the slightest.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 05, 2017, 09:13:36 am by selby »
Nick, we were very good at times,in the second half our mid field,for the first time this season Longola,Rowe,and Coppinger ran past their markers making their back four come to them and created space behind them.
  That and the fact we moved the ball tired them visibly resulting in poor tackles for a penalty and a sending off.
  But for 20 minutes in the first half we were terrible,Coppinger and Kongola were poor and not in the game,Alcock was terrible and Lawlor went mad.
  Blair was standing in acres of space but we just could not pass to him,when we did he created the first two goals out of nothing, and carried on playing well in the second half when Kolongo and Coppinger looked different players.
  A quick praise for the two Stewards in our seating area,80% of our allotted seating area you could not see two corners of the pitch on the near side.They allowed our supporters to move into a reserved area for families and friends of the home team,thanks a lot to those two for showing some common sense in what could have been a problem.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on November 05, 2017, 12:29:11 pm by RoversAlias »
I like your summations Selby, but have to say it's funny to read you call Kongolo three different names in one post!  :lol:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 05, 2017, 12:50:40 pm by selby »
 R.A. I know when I am typing with my fat fingers,I am always thinking how the bloody hell do you spell his name correctly. I have thought of calling him the Dutch lad,I am bloody useless.
  Lets say I like Thingy me bob as a player and although he needs some experience,and even yesterday in the first half he showed it,when he was more adventurous in the second half he looked different class.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on November 05, 2017, 02:38:55 pm by ditch_drfc »

Did they arrive in time, mate?

Thankfully yes!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 05, 2017, 04:33:17 pm by ravenrover »
R.A. I know when I am typing with my fat fingers,I am always thinking how the bloody hell do you spell his name correctly. I have thought of calling him the Dutch lad,I am bloody useless.
  Lets say I like Thingy me bob as a player and although he needs some experience,and even yesterday in the first half he showed it,when he was more adventurous in the second half he looked different class.
Dave is easy to spell

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on November 05, 2017, 06:06:52 pm by selby »
  News travels far on this board,and I was told while walking the dog to call him Rodney,felt ashamed really, the lad I was talking to is a Leeds fan, and I had always considered them uneducated.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 05, 2017, 07:48:46 pm by idler »
Don't buy a shirt with his name on the back Selby. It could cost you a fortune.😉

TinyPortal © 2005-2012