Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:42:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've just seen the goals on SSN  (Read 1855 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
I've just seen the goals on SSN
« on April 16, 2011, 07:29:57 pm by ravenrover »
and have to say if I was Sulli I would be very dissapointed to have been on the bench today. I have slagged Sulli off this season but now is the time for experience and I did say that he should have been in goal for the PNE game, I have to ask as I wasn't at the game what was Woods doing for the 1st and 3rd goal? How did he perform for the other 89mins and 30secs?
He has made some good saves in the last few games but he seems very hesitant and does not command the 6 yard box. As SO'D says he is one for the future but we need on for the present,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re: I've just seen the goals on SSN
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2011, 07:35:27 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=150966
and have to say if I was Sulli I would be very dissapointed to have been on the bench today. I have slagged Sulli off this season but now is the time for experience and I did say that he should have been in goal for the PNE game, I have to ask as I wasn't at the game what was Woods doing for the 1st and 3rd goal? How did he perform for the other 89mins and 30secs?
He has made some good saves in the last few games but he seems very hesitant and does not command the 6 yard box. As SO'D says he is one for the future but we need on for the present,

He did okay generally. Made a few good saves. Distribution was much better.

Not really sure how much of the build up they showed on TV as I didn't see it, but the first goal was just poor defending. Can't remember who it was, maybe Martis or JOC gave the ball straight to Fryatt on the edge of the box. He just squared it for an easy tap in for Garcia. Nothing wrong with the Goalkeeper for that IMO. He was exposed by terrible defending.

3rd goal was at the other end, so I'm not sure on that. Looked like O'Connor failed to pick up Fryatt who ghosted in for an easy header. As I say, it was at the other end, so not sure about the GK's involvement for that.

I like Gary Woods and think he's done well, but I agree, the experience of Sully could help us get through the rest of this season. It's a difficult one for SOD though - what will it do for Woodsy's confidence to just drop him?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2011, 07:36:48 pm by hoolahoop »
Haven't seen them yet but what was the penno for then ?
I disagree with your opinion re. Woods , he is nearly there imo, what would you do leave him out for the next 20 or so matches then have to start all over again ??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2011, 07:38:23 pm by The Red Baron »
I'd have had Sulli in last Tuesday, although to be fair Woods had a decent game.

I think Woods will be good for us, but now isn't the time for a novice 'keeper.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on April 16, 2011, 07:42:36 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=150971

I was at the game, and nobody really knows. It was a corner to them, the ball came over, and the foul wasn't anywhere near the ball as nobody saw it - everyone was watching the ball.

Talking to folk at the game, there are contrasting views. A bloke near us said that their player just ran into Martis and went down, but on the coach another guy said it was a clear push.

Either way, Clattenburg saw something that most of us didn't. Martis got booked and the penalty knocked the stuffing out of us. After the equaliser we started to play with a bit more confidence, but the penno just knocked us back.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2011, 07:48:22 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=150975

I was at the game, and nobody really knows. It was a corner to them, the ball came over, and the foul wasn't anywhere near the ball as nobody saw it - everyone was watching the ball.

Talking to folk at the game, there are contrasting views. A bloke near us said that their player just ran into Martis and went down, but on the coach another guy said it was a clear push.

Either way, Clattenburg saw something that most of us didn't. Martis got booked and the penalty knocked the stuffing out of us. After the equaliser we started to play with a bit more confidence, but the penno just knocked us back.

Cheers had to listen to the game on Rovers Player and it seems that the commentators from both clubs were at a total loss.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2011, 08:18:07 pm by ravenrover »
The highlights show a contact between Martis and the Hull player as the ball sailed over both of them. If it was a pen then there will be numerous given in EVERY game in EVERY division. Didn't know that Mr C was in charge, he just seems to make the rules up as he goes along as has been proved in other games.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2011, 08:29:45 pm by donnievic »
i personally would have had sulli in nets because he has the experience needed at this time although woods has really done much wrong in the last 2 games and not at fault for any of the goals today.As for the pen today,for me it was a defo pen martis just pushed their player in the back

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2011, 09:29:19 pm by DRFCTom »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=150972
I'd have had Sulli in last Tuesday, although to be fair Woods had a decent game.

I think Woods will be good for us, but now isn't the time for a novice 'keeper.

So when is the right time??

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2011, 09:35:34 pm by JonWallsend »
First goal looks offside to me- that's two in a week. Upwards and onwards.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 17, 2011, 07:50:54 pm by donnievic »
Quote from: \"JonWallsend\" post=151035
First goal looks offside to me- that's two in a week. Upwards and onwards.
where abouts ?

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 17, 2011, 08:54:41 pm by JonWallsend »
As Garcia sidefoots it, Hull player, I think it's Simpson is stood inside the six yard box with only Friend behind him. Got to be two opposing players between an attacker and the goal and it's usually assumed the Keeper is one of them. It's one of those strange ones as he's past Woods due to the fact that he's come sliding out of goal. Martis is running back and he's in front of him The fact that he steps over the ball must mean he's active. Possible ( having used pause) that Kilgallon's legs, following his sliding block are playing him on but not convinced.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2011, 06:21:37 am by DRNaith »
I disagree with your opinion re. Woods , he is nearly there imo, what would you do leave him out for the next 20 or so matches then have to start all over again ??

I was at the game. The penalty was fair. Martis pushed the Hull City player with both hands and made no effort to disguise it.

it was either extremely clumsy or he thought the ref might be looking into the wrong goal area!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012