Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:35:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baudry  (Read 2166 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Baudry
« on October 22, 2017, 07:59:55 am by Donnywolf »
Nobody seems to have mentioned his Subbing ? Was he injured or being rested after being out for a bit ?

If neither then I cant really see why he was "yanked" as he was looking quite good even though there were times he in common with the other Players were finding Storm Brian a bit challenging.

He did not look injured or tired coming off and made sure to shake our current Managers hand although I have to say Baudry had to make the first move

No such luck for Mason who obviously struggled - got bawled out several times - and when Subbed our Manager's body language (imo) suggested that he was not available for a Handshake - which was as well because Mason did not appear to be offering one anyway !

I have to say in fairness those are my interpretations of what I saw and may not be based in fact of any kind !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Baudry
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2017, 08:14:15 am by The Red Baron »
He is our best defender and would be the last to come off for me. The system worked well I thought and all it needed was changes of personnel.

Mason had a stinker but his treatment by Ferguson (who signed him, btw) made me feel rather sorry for him.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 22, 2017, 08:20:06 am by Donnywolf »
He is our best defender and would be the last to come off for me. The system worked well I thought and all it needed was changes of personnel.

Mason had a stinker but his treatment by Ferguson (who signed him, btw) made me feel rather sorry for him.

Agree with both. Baudry was well noticeable yesterday. Steady calming influence and no nonsense distribution of the Ball

On Mason too - I have commented elsewhere but bawled out several times. Pointed at to "go forward" - then again to "go back". I often comment that Managers (90% of them anyway) would be better with a Magnetic Football Game or Subbuteo as they seem to want to control every players every move

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 22, 2017, 08:29:11 am by mrfrostsdad »
Baudry was subbed around the same time against Portsmouth on Tuesday night, so obviously not fit enough to last 90 minutes yet.
Which is all well and good if you have someone to slot into his place when he comes off, but we don't which means changing the whole system. Unfortunately we are not good enough to change the system halfway through the game and it showed again yesterday and we got caught out by a very poor team

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 22, 2017, 08:43:01 am by The Red Baron »
If Baudry was not fit to play 90 minutes then we had a replacement (admittedly not of the same quality) in Garratt. He could have slotted into the back three. Changing the system when we were not chasing the game was folly.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 22, 2017, 09:29:11 am by steve@dcfd »
DF likes changing systems but puts players into postions that’s not their best. Baudry is better at Right of a three but because Wright and Butler have done ok he’s put him on the left, he’s done ok there. Mason is not a RWB and yesterday showed that. DF blames the player not himself.

So yesterday he set off 3 4 1 2 which had no width apart from wing backs. On Tuesday we played 3 4 3 Kongolo and Rowe helped the wingbacks.

After substitutions we went 4 diamond 2 a system that DF has said before allows other teams runners to go straight through the centre midfield. But what made it worse was putting Whiteman(another player that plays consistently out of his best postion) on the left when he is predominately right footed.

So there was errors by the players which allowed the goals but DF puts extra pressure on his players by changing systems again and again in games.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 22, 2017, 01:13:09 pm by essexrover »
There's definitely a well developed theme with Fergie re: playing people out of their best position. Some of his changes dumbfound me. None more so than taking Baudry off yesterday.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 22, 2017, 01:44:13 pm by selby »
   I have felt sorry for 18 months for Mason,and before anyone says he is playing out of position would you please explain to me what you see in his game that would make him a good midfield player. Is it his passing ability,his ability to go past people,or his tackling ability? or anything else that I may have missed while watching him.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 22, 2017, 02:28:03 pm by Akinfenwa »
It says a lot about Mason that he's been here over a year yet no one could tell you for sure what his natural position is.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 22, 2017, 02:50:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Personally I think he's a centre back and although he has played there in a three he's been used much more in other positions.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 22, 2017, 03:08:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
If you really boil it down - especially in defence, Ferguson insists on pushing players into positions and formations that do not suit them. It is one thing if you inherit a squad that does not fit your ethos, but quite another if you have had several windows to sort out the problem. A key element of this is the (and god knows what they are meant to be but I will label them as full backs) full back position where Andrews aside, none of the poor buggers can actually play full back as their first choice position. Pints into half pint pots.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 22, 2017, 05:10:32 pm by ravenrover »
I don't see the problem in playing Baudry right Butler left and Joe in the middle if DF is going to play 3 at the back

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 22, 2017, 05:39:21 pm by Filo »
I don't see the problem in playing Baudry right Butler left and Joe in the middle if DF is going to play 3 at the back

We just need a capable right wingback to go in there with them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012