Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:03:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Serious Question?  (Read 3380 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Serious Question?
« Reply #30 on April 01, 2019, 10:42:03 pm by sha66y »
Do you ever actually post anything remotely positive?

Yes,
and I guess you have no opinion regarding the thread?
If so , be constructive.....others have!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 01, 2019, 10:47:37 pm by sha66y »
Amazing :
.a team playing it's heart out to gain promotion and this turns up on here !

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

I assume the question was perhaps a little too committed for some....?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 01, 2019, 10:55:18 pm by sha66y »
I can see from the question proposed for debate that it was perhaps a little perplexing for some.....
Only 3 subscribers managed to read the question and answer with honesty...

The rest did their respective “soap-boxing” and answered the wrong question....with the wrong opinion, which was never alluded to...or asked for

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 01, 2019, 11:38:06 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't get this talk of developing the team further in League One before we're ready to go into the Championship. We don't have the budget to replace star players like Marquis and Whiteman, who I believe would be snapped up if we don't get promoted, and I don't think Kane and Wilks would come back either.
To hi-lite a point...
Before this season got underway, many on here thought this team needed a complete revamp, and the likelihood of a top 6 finish was a mere pipe dream...
Then we get a not so popular new Manager who initially shows no signs of buying every available cast off...
Then to cap it all, he introduces a style of play that seems alien in its outright attacking...

My point is this....I think the squad know that we have been fortunate to adapt quickly, but this is most definitely a work in progress scenario...
and to be assured of making an impact in the championship, we would have to be as strong as say Luton....
But we aren’t there yet.....
I dont see why Whiteman or Marquis should leave, and if they did...I have every confidence in GM to replace both with equal if not better assets....

I guess I don’t want to see wholesale changes to a team that has unfinished business to attend to...

Simple answers to the next to last paragraph; they'll leave for more money, and we can't afford equal or better assets.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2019, 12:08:23 am by Bristol Red Rover »
If we go up we're ready. We could do well, defintely take the opportunity.

We stayed in the Championship for 4 seasons after getting through the play offs. We stayed there one season when we won the league.

If we go up, there'll be investment in building the team, and the club. Fingers crossed re injuries and players improving, a few key fortunate wins and we could have a solid enough season.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2019, 05:25:45 am by vaya »
I don't get this talk of developing the team further in League One before we're ready to go into the Championship. We don't have the budget to replace star players like Marquis and Whiteman, who I believe would be snapped up if we don't get promoted, and I don't think Kane and Wilks would come back either.
To hi-lite a point...
Before this season got underway, many on here thought this team needed a complete revamp, and the likelihood of a top 6 finish was a mere pipe dream...
Then we get a not so popular new Manager who initially shows no signs of buying every available cast off...
Then to cap it all, he introduces a style of play that seems alien in its outright attacking...

My point is this....I think the squad know that we have been fortunate to adapt quickly, but this is most definitely a work in progress scenario...
and to be assured of making an impact in the championship, we would have to be as strong as say Luton....
But we aren’t there yet.....
I dont see why Whiteman or Marquis should leave, and if they did...I have every confidence in GM to replace both with equal if not better assets....

I guess I don’t want to see wholesale changes to a team that has unfinished business to attend to...

Simple answers to the next to last paragraph; they'll leave for more money, and we can't afford equal or better assets.

Although it would appear we can afford them at the minute.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 02, 2019, 08:25:22 am by RedJ »
Who is that aimed at Red J as my post is the one before yours. If it’s aimed at me I assume you are being sarcastic as I am always positive.😀

Not you, you're like a toddler pumped full of E numbers as far as positivity goes. ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 02, 2019, 08:37:05 am by Campsall rover »
Who is that aimed at Red J as my post is the one before yours. If it’s aimed at me I assume you are being sarcastic as I am always positive.😀

Not you, you're like a toddler pumped full of E numbers as far as positivity goes. ;)
Can’t argue with that Red J  :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012