Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:52:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Struber  (Read 5727 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Struber
« Reply #30 on September 03, 2020, 07:12:10 pm by idler »
Barnsley's continued interest also flags him up to other possible buyers.
I do hope that he stays though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 03, 2020, 07:17:50 pm by sha66y »
Whilst initially being annoyed by this I think the best thing the club should do is hold fast and ask for anything from £6m for him. If they want him enough they will pay

He may have a release Claus based upon a value already agreed upon, and I very much doubt it will be that high....perhaps 2 mil tops,

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 03, 2020, 07:22:02 pm by drfchound »
Whilst initially being annoyed by this I think the best thing the club should do is hold fast and ask for anything from £6m for him. If they want him enough they will pay

He may have a release Claus based upon a value already agreed upon, and I very much doubt it will be that high....perhaps 2 mil tops,

Could the Clause have gone up the chimney in smoke?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 03, 2020, 07:23:39 pm by MachoMadness »

I have read that this isn't the case in the DFP, and Hoden is generally reliable for that sort of info.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 03, 2020, 07:25:54 pm by StocksArmy »
If the club value Whiteman at £2m then I am bitterly disappointed. The way money is thrown around these days it should be double that at the very least. I know this may disappoint the lad wanting to play in the championship but surely the guy wants to play for a club who are going to challenge at the top end? You are not telling me Will Vaulks is better than Ben Whiteman and he went straight to Cardiff! So if a deal is to be made with Barnsley I question the boards valuation and the players ambition.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 03, 2020, 07:37:22 pm by DINGLE »
If the club value Whiteman at £2m then I am bitterly disappointed. The way money is thrown around these days it should be double that at the very least. I know this may disappoint the lad wanting to play in the championship but surely the guy wants to play for a club who are going to challenge at the top end? You are not telling me Will Vaulks is better than Ben Whiteman and he went straight to Cardiff! So if a deal is to be made with Barnsley I question the boards valuation and the players ambition.

We’re a club with a good recent record of developing players to a standard we can no longer afford, if he wants to better himself, we’ve proved we’re a club where he can do that. all we are for any player is a stepping stone to a club that pays higher wages.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 03, 2020, 07:39:44 pm by Filo »

We’re a club with a good recent record of developing players to a standard we can no longer afford, if he wants to better himself, we’ve proved we’re a club where he can do that. all we are for any player is a stepping stone to a club that pays higher wages.

Remember you are only in the Championship because Wigan have dodgy owners, why would he go to a club that will be up against relegation, it makes no sense for him

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 03, 2020, 07:43:15 pm by drfchound »
That is a very good point of order Filo.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 03, 2020, 07:48:26 pm by PDX_Rover »

Exactly. Peterborough do it. We should too. If he’s thst important then they’ll pay it.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 03, 2020, 07:58:51 pm by DINGLE »

Remember you are only in the Championship because Wigan have dodgy owners, why would he go to a club that will be up against relegation, it makes no sense for him
Read this ......
https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/championship-outright-preview/183832

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not for one second saying we’ll finish in top 3 but whoever wrote that, makes all the points I would in response to your question.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 03, 2020, 08:17:16 pm by Reesielad »

Read this ......
https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/championship-outright-preview/183832

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not for one second saying we’ll finish in top 3 but whoever wrote that, makes all the points I would in response to your question.
Now that’s funny, I like his imagination though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 03, 2020, 08:30:40 pm by tyke1962 »
There's probably about 7 or 8 clubs that you can predict will be up around the top of the championship , getting them in the right order is however another matter .

As for the rest , then good luck with that because anything can happen in this mental league .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 04, 2020, 07:15:40 am by GazLaz »
Sheaf joining Coventy on loan with a £750k option to buy. That is a barometer for the Whiteman valuation.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 04, 2020, 07:24:01 am by Alan Southstand »
I thought the Sheaf transfer was ‘off’?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 04, 2020, 09:19:06 am by GazLaz »
I thought the Sheaf transfer was ‘off’?

Nope.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 04, 2020, 09:21:34 am by IDM »
Sheaf joining Coventy on loan with a £750k option to buy. That is a barometer for the Whiteman valuation.

I disagree - Whiteman has a few more season experience and is proven repeatedly as one of the best in this division.  Sheaf is a good player yes, with great potential, but would be a riskier investment - at the moment.

In a couple of years Sheaf could be “worth” more than Whiteman is now, or not.!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 04, 2020, 09:26:37 am by GazLaz »

I disagree - Whiteman has a few more season experience and is proven repeatedly as one of the best in this division.  Sheaf is a good player yes, with great potential, but would be a riskier investment - at the moment.

Disagree with what?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 04, 2020, 09:30:19 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
For what it's worth, it looks like Richards will be more than an ample replacement for Sheaf. DM and Hoden have been impressed with his ability to close down and win the ball back, adding to his attacking prowess from the middle of the park. He could become 'the boss' in midfield but he needs back up.

Together with Whiteman, they will be a dominant pairing but without Whiteman, that would leave Gomes without any real competition and we would need another.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 04, 2020, 09:31:58 am by IDM »

Disagree with what?

That Sheaf’s value is a “barometer” for Whiteman’s..  I thought I made that quite clear and I explained why I believe that to be the case.?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 04, 2020, 09:34:30 am by GazLaz »

Disagree with what?

That Sheaf’s value is a “barometer” for Whiteman’s..  I thought I made that quite clear and I explained why I believe that to be the case.?

So the fee set for one player can’t be used as a guide to approximate the potential value of another? I never said or implied the fees would be the same.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 04, 2020, 09:38:37 am by steve@dcfd »
Sheafs still got a years contract so we need to convince Arsenal and the player for another or similar deal to Cameron John but wages might be an issue. It appears Arsenal pay good wages that’s why players don’t want to end their contracts.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 04, 2020, 09:39:49 am by GazLaz »
Sheafs still got a years contract so we need to convince Arsenal and the player for another or similar deal to Cameron John but wages might be an issue. It appears Arsenal pay good wages that’s why players don’t want to end their contracts.

Sheaf at Coventry.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012