Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:02:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: poor old heffs  (Read 7304 times)

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
poor old heffs
« on November 11, 2010, 05:48:20 pm by obeonesarover »
cant even get a game in the trophy game last night, he must be well sick cant help but feel sorry for him as he served us well

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MattyDRFC

• Forum Member
Re:poor old heffs
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2010, 09:56:14 pm by MattyDRFC »
obeonesarover wrote:
cant even get a game in the trophy game last night, he must be well sick cant help but feel sorry for him as he served us well

Alot of Wednesday fans are frustrated that he hasn't been given a chance.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2010, 10:04:02 pm by The L J Monk »
I'm sure he can take a degree of solace from the fact he's getting paid a few thousand pounds a week.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2010, 10:37:46 pm by benaldo »
I don't think,hand on heart, anyone can say he was much good for us really. Certainly wouldn't want him back even if we didn't have Billy and Healy!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2010, 11:00:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
benaldo wrote:
I don't think,hand on heart, anyone can say he was much good for us really. Certainly wouldn't want him back even if we didn't have Billy and Healy!

Keep looking up at the surface. Someone will sprinkle the food on the water for you in a bit.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2010, 11:02:00 pm by Spankster »
benaldo wrote:
What a f**king stupid comment! is this your first year following Rovers????????????

Uredz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2010, 11:24:23 pm by Uredz »
benaldo wrote:

You my friend are a tool of the highest order.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2010, 11:27:29 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Uredz wrote:
benaldo wrote:

He has a point. SOD never thought he was good enough for us, did he?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2010, 11:28:21 pm by RoversAlias »
benaldo wrote:

Arguably the stupidest thing ever posted on this board. What a load of nonsense.

donnyspur

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 12, 2010, 12:34:50 am by donnyspur »
benaldo wrote:

What an absolute joke of a post......are you 10 years old or something !!! Heffs helped get us where we are now boy, admit he isn't Sharp class but was still a very good player and servant to The Rovers.
I Wish Heffers all the best !!!!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2010, 05:59:08 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Uredz wrote:
benaldo wrote:

He has a point. SOD never thought he was good enough for us, did he?

Ha Ha Carling backing him up, no other comment needed.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2010, 06:05:18 pm by TheRev »
Well he got the response that HE wanted didn't he?
Why do you all rise to the bait.
Just ignore the kn0b.......

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2010, 06:07:04 pm by Filo »
TheRev wrote:

Ditto!

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2010, 06:38:39 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Filo wrote:
TheRev wrote:

Ditto!

Its not bait, Its a FACT.

If SOD thought Heffs was good enough, why isnt Heffs still here?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 12, 2010, 06:49:13 pm by Al4475 »
Legend
Gone
Move on

Sorry guys, leave him behind! Wish him well, but he's gone, not our concern anymore - same as many others before and many more to come! :unsure:

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2010, 09:13:18 pm by FuzzyDuck »

Not sure that \"bait\" is a word you should be using with the talk of fish food!

Heffs was great for us, and to say he wasn't that good really is showing a lack of appreciation of a good player.

Not good enough for the championship now.  Fair enough.  But not much good really  :unsure:

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2010, 09:15:01 pm by StocksArmy »

Sort of agree and disagree. Heffs was a clinical finisher, but everything else in his game just wasn't there! Bad 1st touch, bad hold up play and bad workrate. Don't get me wrong I loved him, but he just wasn't good enough for what SOD was looking for. Heffs had the pick of a number of league 1 clubs and he could of been playing week in week out with Carlisle but hes chose the club that quite frankly are only going to use him as backup. All the best to Heffs we would all be lieing if we denied he was a Rovers legend.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2010, 09:22:51 pm by Boyhood dreams »
FuzzyDuck wrote:

Not sure that \"bait\" is a word you should be using with the talk of fish food!

Heffs was great for us, and to say he wasn't that good really is showing a lack of appreciation of a good player.

Not good enough for the championship now.  Fair enough.  But not much good really  :unsure:

My stance is, we should have kept him. It gets brushed under the carpet though with the majority here. Who dare question SOD.

He couldnt have got it wrong with Heffs could he?

He proved he could score at this level thats golddust. Yet we fook him off. No wonder his head is down, he's as good as ruined, now!.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2010, 09:32:14 pm by StocksArmy »
You need to have more to your game than just scoring the odd goal in the championship, as I say he is/was a clinical finisher, but would not succeed in any side in this league even on the top of his game simply because it is all about pace and power and Heffs has never had any of those attributes. (Still love him)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2010, 09:38:58 pm by wilts rover »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
FuzzyDuck wrote:

My stance is, we should have kept him. It gets brushed under the carpet though with the majority here. Who dare question SOD.

He proved he could score at this level thats golddust. Yet we fook him off. No wonder his head is down, he's as good as ruined, now!.

Your stance is we should have kept him - but further up the thread you are saying he was not good enough for us? If you are going to talk b*llocks at least make it consistent b*llocks, you are arguing with yourself again!!

Heffs moved to the wrong club, he should have gone somewhere where he was the main striker, not one among many. He still has a few more years left in him, maybe dropping down the divisions to get scoring and noticed again, didnt hurt Grant Holt did it?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 12, 2010, 09:40:38 pm by FuzzyDuck »
In our first season in the championship, Heff's goals saved us and his die-hard fans are always keen to point that out.  I'm happy to accept it too.....to a point.

What happened at the end of that season when Heffs got injured?  The answer is Hayter took over the goalscoring duties.  So was it Heffs or was it the team creating more/better opportunities?  A combination of both is a fair conclusion.

Last season he also had a chance at the end.  Sadly, no goals.  I think at his best, he was a championship striker.  But he was/is past his best.

Another point is he would get an injury; take 5-6 games to play himself in; get a goal a game for a while and then get injured again.  It happened throughout his time with us.  Those 5-6 games to play in cost at this level.

We were better off freeing up his wages when we did.

And please, if I see fit to disagree with SOD, or anyone else for that matter, I will, whether people agree with me or not.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 12, 2010, 09:41:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
StocksArmy wrote:
You need to have more to your game than just scoring the odd goal in the championship, as I say he is/was a clinical finisher, but would not succeed in any side in this league even on the top of his game simply because it is all about pace and power and Heffs has never had any of those attributes. (Still love him)

Remind me. Which of those two does David Healy have?

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 12, 2010, 09:47:56 pm by Boyhood dreams »
wilts rover wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
FuzzyDuck wrote:

Your stance is we should have kept him - but further up the thread you are saying he was not good enough for us? If you are going to talk b*llocks at least make it consistent b*llocks, you are arguing with yourself again!!

Heffs moved to the wrong club, he should have gone somewhere where he was the main striker, not one among many. He still has a few more years left in him, maybe dropping down the divisions to get scoring and noticed again, didnt hurt Grant Holt did it?

I would like to keep Heffs, it was sacasim to saint SOD saying he wasnt good enough. Who dare question saint SOD?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 12, 2010, 09:51:03 pm by StocksArmy »
I am giving my opinion on Paul Heffernan not David Healy, Billy Sharp or any other of our strikers for that matter.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 12, 2010, 10:01:36 pm by FuzzyDuck »

I would like to keep Heffs, it was sacasim to saint SOD saying he wasnt good enough. Who dare question saint SOD?

You are entitled to your opinion on Heffs of course.

Why the sarcasm directed at SOD?  Oh SORRY.  I forgot about him not achieving direct promotion to the prem in 2009 and not winning the champions league in 2010.  Now that's sarcasm.

Who dare question him?  Me and plenty of others.  His substitutions tend to be late and sometimes ineffective- even detrimental to our cause.

BUT!  If that's the only complaint, take a look at the Blades trying to recover from numpty Kevin; Coppell deciding he didn't fancy it anymore at Bristol; Hull and Leicester deciding to sack and appoint managers.  Now think about being sarcastic about Sean.

Do you still feel the need?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 12, 2010, 10:02:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
StocksArmy wrote:
I am giving my opinion on Paul Heffernan not David Healy, Billy Sharp or any other of our strikers for that matter.

Excuse me for being a pedant but you weren't just giving your opinion on Heffernan. You were commenting on what strikers in general require. You said \"it (i.e. the role of a striker at this level) is all about pace and power.\" Of course, Heffernan was limited in those aspects. As is Healy, but we're all grabbing our cocks at the thought of him signing. So it clearly ISN'T all about pace and power. It's also about intelligence, determination, subtlty and that indefinable ability to suddenly appear in the right place at the right time.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 12, 2010, 10:02:29 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
StocksArmy wrote:

Remind me. Which of those two does David Healy have?

I guess Lewis possess one of those traits.

It makes me laugh. A clinical finisher is like gold dust. Whats the point in having a striker that can run 100 meters in 10 secs, or a \"powerful\" striker...if they don't have a football brain?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 12, 2010, 10:23:19 pm by StocksArmy »
I can't comment on Healy I have seen him play 1 game. Ok thats another one of my arguments and I'm not here to slate Heffs I'm just voicing my opinion if you play Paul Heffernan in a team he is there to score goals not create, chase down or defend he is there purely for goals and this is why he can't get a game for a mediocre league 1 team.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 12, 2010, 10:38:09 pm by Boyhood dreams »
StocksArmy wrote:
I can't comment on Healy I have seen him play 1 game. Ok thats another one of my arguments and I'm not here to slate Heffs I'm just voicing my opinion if you play Paul Heffernan in a team he is there to score goals not create, chase down or defend he is there purely for goals and this is why he can't get a game for a mediocre league 1 team.

Heffs often went in his own half. He was as good as Healy, and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

EDIT why do folk think Heffs was just a babie liner? Were they watching the same games as me because he always dropped deep in the championship and helped out?

He even did that for the fowls on Saturday.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 12, 2010, 10:56:24 pm by StocksArmy »
Well I'd like to ask a few Irish folk who they would prefer in their team.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012