Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:30:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: our passing game  (Read 2387 times)

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
our passing game
« on January 15, 2011, 05:22:39 pm by obeonesarover »
what has happened to our passing game this season, far too much long ball cutting out the midfield for my liking and it showed today constantly trying to chip the high ball through their defence which after the first half hour was obviously not working.Donny are reknown for their slick passing game which has earned them the title Arsenal of the north,nowadays we seem to have taken the sheffield utd approach. Lets hope we sort it soon

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:our passing game
« Reply #1 on January 15, 2011, 06:07:35 pm by RedJ »
Our midfield was non existent. I thought we went a bit hoofball-y today to be honest. Liked Killa's strides forward though.

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 15, 2011, 06:10:58 pm by JBRover »
we didn't have a midfield today and that was one of the problems!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 15, 2011, 06:16:36 pm by RedJ »
How did Copps get MoM anyway? he did f**k all and I saw him about 5 times all game!

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 15, 2011, 06:22:35 pm by stuey »
The problem is , I think, John Oster is very important part of our \"passing game\", but today he was simply awful. Probably his worst game game in a Rovers shirt. Hope it's just a temporary blip.

VikingJames

« Reply #5 on January 15, 2011, 06:24:05 pm by VikingJames »
Shows how much we miss Stock when he's out.

Now where's that pen? :dry:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2011, 06:26:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We need 3 central midfielders that seems obvious to me.  Thought Woods did ok when he came on today.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 15, 2011, 06:26:07 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
RedJ wrote:
How did Copps get MoM anyway? he did fcuk all and I saw him about 5 times all game!

To be honest, they should have refused to give a 'man of the match' full stop - to a man they were all truly awful.

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on January 15, 2011, 06:27:42 pm by VikingJames »
MoM Killa for me. Played totally out of position, and showed glimpses of his quality. Just a shame the defensive unit as a whole didn't have a clue.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2011, 06:34:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
we dont like the wind it upsets us - need to get the next windy game cancelled! ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2011, 06:35:23 pm by RobTheRover »
That was the same midfield which played against Wolves last week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 15, 2011, 07:00:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just a bad day all around today. Aside from the first 15 mins, too many passes going astray with Oster particularly off his game. With Stock out, then much responsibility falls on his shoulders, and he generally takes that responsibility.

I'm sure we would all like him to stick a foot in from time to time but we know he doesn't do it, so when his passing game lets him down, there's not much else to make up for it.

The standard of our play, is then dictated right there. Billy was isolated today with no service. Copps early doors had acres of space and with JOC bursting forward, it looked promising. But then Copps disappeared for long spells as we couldn't seem to get the ball to him.

Certainly losing Mills to injury, and replacing him with a cardboard cut-out didn't help.  

Shame that with a back 5, we still left a gaping hole in the middle, to let Long clean though. Still with things not going well we're still in the game until an awful decision by Sulli to invite Kebe to lob him.

I was glad to see SOD make subs early and I thought he looked lively. If Copps and Oster etc had delivered the ball in to the box earlier, instead of fannying around, then we may have had more joy.

Kilgallon fits the bill and good to see Woodsy back, so it's not the end of the world.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 15, 2011, 07:02:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Maybe it isn't as simple as I'm seeing it but Reading just dit the one thing we have never been able to deal with, they closed us down too quickly and nobody had their passing options.  The long balls we played weren't part of the plan, just the inevitable choice players make when the short pass isn't on and they're being closed down.

We were totally neutrallised down the right because McAnuff was on JO'Cs case all afternoon, we simply had no time or space to play.

Credit to Reading.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2011, 07:07:18 pm by hoolahoop »
Now I know why the Blunts always whinge ;)
Beat Wolves on Tuesday and we will be back on track eh ? Cheer up everyone these games happen but a good team doesn't let it happen 3 times (thinking Leicester here)........I hope !

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2011, 07:26:41 pm by donnybel »
As well as agreeing with the other comments, I also think against a team like Reading we didn't have enough pace.  If Millsy hadn't got injured and Muzzy had been fit we would have had pace and width. Also when Mills is playing we've got to make better use of those whipped in crosses.....oh well, on to the next game.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2011, 08:48:17 pm by Standanista »
Onwards and upwards, these games happen.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2011, 09:33:40 pm by vaya »
Bad day at the office, everyone concerned should get their heads banged together and we move on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012