Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:47:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 50 pts  (Read 3722 times)

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
50 pts
« on January 18, 2011, 09:43:23 pm by obeonesarover »
after the last couple of weeks i am looking for that 50 pts marker ASAP, confidence is rock bottom both with the players and may i dare say it with alot of fans,time for SOD to prove his management creds.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re:50 pts
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2011, 09:53:21 pm by normal rules »
at least sod wont be going to wolves in the near future after tonight :)

Omanrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2011, 09:56:34 pm by Omanrover »
Totally agree, i`m seriously doubting whether O`Driscoll has got what it takes as a manager (defensively).I guess the next few weeks will tell, and i hope im proved wrong but moral cannot be good within the squad, and 8 goals shipped in 2 games is not good going into a very busy last part of the season. So! bring on the backlash, the proof is there, our defence is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the championship at this moment!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2011, 09:57:31 pm by dickos1 »
Whats happened the last couple of weeks like?? We've had 2 defeats thats all, a week ago people were talking about promotion and after one league defeat your talking about relegation. Its unbelievable

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2011, 09:59:00 pm by Boomstick »
normal rules wrote:
at least sod wont be going to wolves in the near future after tonight :)

yeah, they wont fookin want him  :laugh:

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2011, 10:01:43 pm by obeonesarover »
seriously think the midfield has to take its fair share of the blame, whats happened to our flowing football, Saturday was hoofball after the first 25 mins, tonight i cant really say because rovers player commentry chats about all sorts instead of the game

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on January 18, 2011, 10:01:56 pm by VikingJames »
obeonesarover wrote:
after the last couple of weeks i am looking for that 50 pts marker ASAP, confidence is rock bottom both with the players and may i dare say it with alot of fans,time for SOD to prove his management creds.

We need a bit of realism here. When we win it's \"we're heading for the play offs\" and when we lose it's \"we'll be lucky to get 50 points.\"

We've got just under half of the season left.

To reach 50 points, we'll only have to amass less than half the number of points we did in the first half of the season. And now, we've got Killa in to tighten up the defence.

Yes, we've hit a bit of a difficult patch, but I wouldn't say all is doom and gloom. And as for SOD having to prove himself - what a load of rubbish. Our squad is being stretched to the limit at the minute, and although a 5-0 reverse is damaging confidence-wise, it could be a blessing in disguise as we can now solely concentrate on the league.

I've got every confidence that SOD will right the wrongs of the last 2 games!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2011, 10:03:07 pm by normal rules »
the man is still a footballing genius
just having a few bad days at the office
it happens

roll on the away win at bellend road!

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2011, 10:03:25 pm by obeonesarover »
its the manor of the defeats that worrying not the amount

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2011, 10:09:29 pm by dickos1 »
over the last 5 league games we are 5th in the form table.  :S

Omanrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2011, 10:12:09 pm by Omanrover »
Its about time the rose tinted glasses came off for a few on here.Its ok saying \" we`ve got killa now so we`ll be tighter in defence\", what about the rest? If you compare our back 4 to any other ( scunny excluded), the only championship class defender we have is Jimmy O`Connor and thats a fact.Stock out injured for however long it is is a massive loss in my humble opinion and now with Woodsey on top of that we are indeed down to bare bones.All this added together does not bode well for the remainder of the season. I hope im wrong, i really do !!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2011, 10:12:38 pm by vaya »
...and we lost against a team we've not beaten since the Reformation, and a Premiership side away (who incidentally less than two weeks ago we drew with at home)

Not ideal, but no reason to go off the deep end.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2011, 10:12:44 pm by normal rules »
survival no problem

interesting to hear the commentary tonight saying the game was played at a carling cup tempo.
heavy pitch?
or just not interested?
magic of fa cup lost?

VikingJames

« Reply #13 on January 18, 2011, 10:15:40 pm by VikingJames »
Omanrover wrote:
Its about time the rose tinted glasses came off for a few on here.Its ok saying \" we`ve got killa now so we`ll be tighter in defence\", what about the rest? If you compare our back 4 to any other ( scunny excluded), the only championship class defender we have is Jimmy O`Connor and thats a fact.Stock out injured for however long it is is a massive loss in my humble opinion and now with Woodsey on top of that we are indeed down to bare bones.All this added together does not bode well for the remainder of the season. I hope im wrong, i really do !!!

We've got the same defenders we've had all season (plus Killa) and we've got to where we are. Why the panic?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2011, 10:18:12 pm by hoolahoop »
dickos1 wrote:
Whats happened the last couple of weeks like?? We've had 2 defeats thats all, a week ago people were talking about promotion and after one league defeat your talking about relegation. Its unbelievable

It's not the 2 defeats or the amount of goals, it's the manner of them both that's worrying..........survival in the npower is now the priority and a change of keeper. Iam seriously worried and have been since we shipped that lead at the Blunts.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2011, 10:19:08 pm by dickos1 »
i dont see the problem!! Oconnor, chambers, killa and mills is as good a back four as we have ever had in nthe championship

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 18, 2011, 10:20:00 pm by vaya »
We you worried when we kept a clean sheet against Scunny, who had one of the best away records oin the Championship?

Omanrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2011, 10:22:41 pm by Omanrover »
One thing is for sure, the team are getting it large from SOD tonight for making him look a muppet in front of his family who are all West Brom fans ! Happy days lol....let the tea cups fly !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2011, 10:22:52 pm by idler »
Wolves scored three against Man City on Saturday, we were always going to be up against it tonight. Sounds like we might have had a penalty when one down, that or Billy scoring early might just have changed the game.
We need to bounce back on Saturday, at least tonight's result didn't lose us ground in the table and knack the goal difference up.

Omanrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2011, 10:24:31 pm by Omanrover »
Mills has re signed then has he???????????

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2011, 10:27:50 pm by dickos1 »
He hasnt then hasnt he????????

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2011, 10:29:27 pm by BobG »
Odd that all SOD's family support West Brom when they're all Wolverhampton born and bred......

Cheers

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 18, 2011, 10:29:46 pm by dickos1 »
We played wolves tonight not west brom by the way!!  ;)

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2011, 10:31:17 pm by VixDRFC »
Omanrover wrote:
One thing is for sure, the team are getting it large from SOD tonight for making him look a muppet in front of his family who are all West Brom fans ! Happy days lol....let the tea cups fly !

His family are Wolves fans

VikingJames

« Reply #24 on January 18, 2011, 10:33:14 pm by VikingJames »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can hear the knees jerking from here!!!

Donny will be fine for safety this season. There's a lot poorer and worse teams in the Championship who have more serious problems than a crap defence.

If you withdrew Billy Sharp, James Hayter and a few more decent attacking players from the team, then you would have serious reason to worry because where would the goals come from?

Do you not support us any more, Rigo?

Not having a dig, just wondering. You seem to refer to Rovers as \"they\" and \"you\" a lot these days.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2011, 10:35:48 pm by vaya »
Not just me then.

Could just be a turn of phrase admittedly.

Omanrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2011, 10:38:23 pm by Omanrover »
According to the commentary on deedah tonight his family and friends support West Brom ! but then after all it was DEEDAH ! By the way, Russ Wilcox is just such a damn boring guest summariser

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2011, 10:50:25 pm by hoolahoop »
VikingJames wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can hear the knees jerking from here!!!

Donny will be fine for safety this season. There's a lot poorer and worse teams in the Championship who have more serious problems than a crap defence.

If you withdrew Billy Sharp, James Hayter and a few more decent attacking players from the team, then you would have serious reason to worry because where would the goals come from?

Do you not support us any more, Rigo?

Not having a dig, just wondering. You seem to refer to Rovers as \"they\" and \"you\" a lot these days.

Written out like a sports journo trainee and not a true supporter, that's sad Rigo after all these years.
Take it you are now Mr. Impartial, will you becvoming to anymore games ?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 19, 2011, 09:17:25 am by bobbymax »
In a broad comparison to our corresponding results last season, I make it we are six points better off than at the same stage 12 months ago so there's no reason to panic, though there are definite issue with injuries, Sulli, et al. Incidentally, we only picked up one point out of six against Ipswich away and Barnsley at home - our next two games. Cue the doom and gloom merchants!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012