Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:29:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Old newspaper article  (Read 1873 times)

number19

• Forum Member
Old newspaper article
« on April 15, 2020, 03:13:52 pm by number19 »
Found this one clearing through a load of old programmes and other rovers stuff I'd had saved away.

[/url

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Old newspaper article
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2020, 09:31:17 am by roversdude »
Sent shivers down my spine

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2020, 09:38:27 am by Dutch Uncle »
Body’s aching all the time....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2020, 09:50:39 am by IDM »
It was “very very frightening” at the time..

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2020, 10:17:13 am by rich1471 »
Padi Wilson ,remember him as the hope then got arrested

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2020, 06:22:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see the standard of Mail journalism was as bad back then.

The Telegraph ran a similar piece in which they gave Weaver carte blanche to tell his own side of the story, and the journalist sprinkled it with shit jokes like the car park being the only thing with more holes than the defence. Pathetic, bone idle journalism while a proud club was being eviscerated.

Tell you what is the most disgusting thing about that Mail piece though. Allowing that Kitson Weaver to call Doncaster Rovers "My Club". It was never yours, you cringing little piece of shit. It was ours. Always. You and your bas**rd boss just stole it for a while.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 21, 2020, 12:31:58 am by rich1471 »
still have my home made  Richardson and weaver leaver leave or die banner at home , even after all these years and im not a hateful person but they made my blood boil , horrible people   

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 21, 2020, 11:02:59 pm by BobG »
I still have a t shirt with Firestarters' face on it. I think the legend reads 'Rot in Hell'. Two of the most unpleasant men it's ever been my misfotune to come across.

BobG

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2020, 12:21:55 am by elmsallrover »
Didn't he have a rovers fan as a bouncer

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2020, 01:00:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I still have a t shirt with Firestarters' face on it. I think the legend reads 'Rot in Hell'. Two of the most unpleasant men it's ever been my misfotune to come across.

BobG

Bob. That Telegraph piece I mentioned up there. You kept me sane when that was published. I remember mailing you about it and screaming that I wanted to do....something. And you and your dad were channelling that sort of anger into a much more effective takedown of Weaver and his organ grinder.

Thanks for that. I suspect I'd have spontaneously combusted if your website hadn't been giving me hope that there was still some future for the club.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2020, 10:41:51 am by Guernsey Exile »

BobG

Bob. That Telegraph piece I mentioned up there. You kept me sane when that was published. I remember mailing you about it and screaming that I wanted to do....something. And you and your dad were channelling that sort of anger into a much more effective takedown of Weaver and his organ grinder.

Thanks for that. I suspect I'd have spontaneously combusted if your website hadn't been giving me hope that there was still some future for the club.

Is the website still around somewhere?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012