Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:59:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: North Stand  (Read 8009 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: North Stand
« Reply #150 on May 09, 2024, 02:37:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Specifically on the South Stand, there were a range of suggestions on the thread about the expansion. Some of these (pushing out false wall) would be at bottom end of the range, others (adding a tier) would be way in excess. Hence, million or more. All of which would be a colossal waste of money if the rest of the ground remains at best 2/3 full which was our experience in the Championship.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on May 09, 2024, 02:57:00 pm by ravenrover »
Yes I have.

When we were making that decision we had to factor in that the SAG wouldn’t like it based on the fact that people selecting their own seats leave gaps that won’t get filled. Therefore the capacity was cut by 500.
Happy to stand corrected :-]]

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on May 09, 2024, 05:26:14 pm by colincramb »
Any extension is probably a million quid or more exercise. If there are plenty of empty seats elsewhere in the ground but the South Stand is consistently full, that is not a business case for an investment of that scale. No CEO or CFO in their right mind would sign off that investment.

A million pound? It’s not 1995. A stadium expansion to the current design would cost probably in the region of £10m +

I’d be surprised if it could be done for less. Anyway, it’s not needed and doubt it ever will be.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on May 09, 2024, 05:43:43 pm by Superspy »
Nice to be talking about something other than shit results though. haha

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on May 09, 2024, 05:45:09 pm by Sprotyrover »
Anybody mention the ‘Pins’ concealed under the Tarmag outside the South and West stand yet?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on May 09, 2024, 05:47:07 pm by Superspy »
Definitely mentioned either earlier in this thread or one of the other multi-page ones going on at the minute.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on May 09, 2024, 05:49:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Any extension is probably a million quid or more exercise. If there are plenty of empty seats elsewhere in the ground but the South Stand is consistently full, that is not a business case for an investment of that scale. No CEO or CFO in their right mind would sign off that investment.

A million pound? It’s not 1995. A stadium expansion to the current design would cost probably in the region of £10m +

I’d be surprised if it could be done for less. Anyway, it’s not needed and doubt it ever will be.

I am not sure sir you have read the later post, which explains this. Perhaps find two minutes to do so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on May 09, 2024, 10:18:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It would be much more expensive than that.

Little bit of reminiscing from an oldish man.

I worked on the design and construction of the Kop stand at Bramall Lane in 1991. It involved:

taking down the old asbestos sheeting roof,
concreting over the old terrace,
putting in the foundations, steelwork and concrete for a big, suspended extension to the area of the stand,
erecting a huge new roof,
removing the old floodlight pylons and replacing them with new lighting on the roof of the stand
and loads of associated works like new access ways, turnstile blocks, chuck stalls and toilets and a new tannoy systebm

The end product was basic but huge. 10,400 seats. Then one of the biggest all seat stands in the country.

Have a guess how much it cost.

£1.85m for the whole job.

Of course there's been inflation in the meantime (although not hugely so by historical comparison) and of course expectations have changed. But I suspect you wouldn't get the 2-3000 extension to the West Stand that I've discussed in this thread for 5 times that amount today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on May 11, 2024, 01:17:34 am by Chris Black come back »
Managed 11,619 home fans tonight.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on May 11, 2024, 01:48:37 am by johnny rovers »
Managed 11,619 home fans tonight.

Could have had more in, over the top netting. The safety officer must be a right jobs worth!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on May 11, 2024, 01:54:22 am by Pancho Regan »
What was tonight’s attendance?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on May 11, 2024, 06:52:18 am by johnny rovers »
12,8**

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on May 11, 2024, 07:05:30 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Felt like 22,000. Never heard it so loud in general play and if only......

Even the RS commentator said, in all his years covering Rovers since the stadium opened I don't remember an atmosphere like this....ever!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 07:08:36 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012