Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:23:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: team today  (Read 3000 times)

builder jon

• VSC Member
team today
« on May 03, 2014, 11:47:49 am by builder jon »
husband and neil both playing sharp on subs bench

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: team today
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2014, 11:48:26 am by donnievic »
And no wellens

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2014, 11:49:42 am by donnievic »
In other games no grabban for Bournemouth and macheda on bench for brum

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2014, 11:55:34 am by Donnyjim »
A very defensive set up from Dickov? Er don't we need to win the game to be certain?  May as well go for it. It's in our hands. We could whimper to a 0-0 or 1-0 defeat and go down quietly. What is the point of that?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2014, 12:00:24 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Have some faith boys.....

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2014, 12:01:52 pm by TheFunk »
 Safety first we may not need to win. Catch them on the break when we can. If needs to be changed it can be easily.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2014, 12:04:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DJ

It's not a question of being certain. It's a question of sensibly trying to tip the odds in your favour. M
We have very little chance of winning. Leicester have only lost 2 at home all season. But they have drawn 4. We have a chance of gritting out a draw.

If we went for it, left ourselves exposed and lost, then Birmingham got a point, that would be f**king stupid. Just like it was f**king stupid going for the win last week instead of ensuring a point.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2014, 12:12:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have gone 5-4-1 with Neill playing as a sweeper apparently.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2014, 02:41:22 pm by Donnyjim »
A very defensive set up from Dickov? Er don't we need to win the game to be certain?  May as well go for it. It's in our hands. We could whimper to a 0-0 or 1-0 defeat and go down quietly. What is the point of that?

Er like I say? what was the point. Too negative. DICKOV OUT NOW. The idiots clearly out of his depth.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2014, 10:13:03 am by Donnyjim »

Er, as I said.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 06, 2014, 10:27:33 am by Filo »

Er, as I said.

We did n't need to win the game

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2014, 10:34:24 am by The Red Baron »
It worked fine until we conceded. Then we needed to activate Plan B but it took us the best part of 10 minutes to do so.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 06, 2014, 10:36:32 am by Donnyjim »

Er, as I said.

If we had etc.  It is all about being positive from the off. That line up was too (lets just match Birmingham's score). Negative.  Dickov's way, which will us in bottom 8 next season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 06, 2014, 10:40:38 am by Filo »

Er, as I said.

If we had etc.  It is all about being positive from the off. That line up was too (lets just match Birmingham's score). Negative.  Dickov's way, which will us in bottom 8 next season.

So we go for it from the off, concede early and hand the initiative to Birmingham, great idea, I just think ourselves lucky we have n't got some one of your tactical incompetence in charge. The tactics were spot on, but for a dodgy penalty and a 94th minute goal we'd have survived, would you still have come on here saying it was wrong?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 06, 2014, 10:48:37 am by The Red Baron »
Fact is, we have failed to find a way of playing away from home. You may argue that the formation we used on Saturday might have earned us the point or two extra we needed, but I'm not sure about that.

It worked OK in the first half, but for 10 minutes before Leicester scored their goal we conceded possession almost totally and Furman and Keegan did their usual trick of dropping back and sitting on top of the defence. Brown was totally isolated, but I'm not convinced that he can operate as a lone striker anyway. He holds the ball up well, but he can't turn defenders and he doesn't have the pace to chase anything played over the top. I actually think Brown with Hume or a similar player working off him could be very effective (again) next season, but we don't currently have anyone like that at the club.

To me, Dickov has had 23 games to solve the riddle of how to get us to play effectively away from home. He hasn't managed it yet. That concerns me greatly.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2014, 10:59:03 am by Donnyjim »

Er, as I said.

So we go for it from the off, concede early and hand the initiative to Birmingham, great idea, I just think ourselves lucky we have n't got some one of your tactical incompetence in charge. The tactics were spot on, but for a dodgy penalty and a 94th minute goal we'd have survived, would you still have come on here saying it was wrong?

"but for a dodgy penalty and a 94th minute goal we'd have survived". I rest my case Filo :-)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2014, 11:42:53 am by IDM »

Er, as I said.

We may not have gone balls out to win the game (this assumes we'd be good enough to do that vs Leicester) but to say we whimpered to a 1-0 defeat is not accurate, is it?

We competed and defended mostly very well against a team that has amassed 100 points and will be in the premier league next season.

We didn't go down because of last Saturday, but because of the whole season.. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012