Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:29:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 4000 empty seats at griffin Park today..........................  (Read 14165 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
and i suspect the it will be the same in two weeks.

pompey sold out their full allocation too.

empty seats on the day will mean brentford lose out on revenue and rovers fans miss out on the match.

what a pity.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: 4000 empty seats at griffin Park today..........................
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2013, 07:17:24 am by 1879Rovers »
I bet they aren't empty on the final day. How would you feel if it was at the Keepmoat and they wanted 7,000 tickets because it is only half full of home fans.

normal rules

• Forum Member
We let 4000 Leeds fans in. No problem with that.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2013, 08:42:14 am by mushRTID »
Is it sold out for us then or have some made general sale tomorrow?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Is it sold out for us then or have some made general sale tomorrow?

According to the kms site there is 132 left, thats providing it was updated at close of business yesterday

lee-drfc

« Reply #5 on April 14, 2013, 09:11:05 am by lee-drfc »
3 of us going down the KM later with sleeping bag and tent ,we are going to Brentford if theres gonna be any left for morning

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
Why on earth were season ticket holders given nigh on 2 weeks to get tickets? Us fans that can't afford to pay out for one are punished, I've been to every home game this season followed the team all over.

A week would have been fairer.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Why on earth were season ticket holders given nigh on 2 weeks to get tickets? Us fans that can't afford to pay out for one are punished, I've been to every home game this season followed the team all over.

If you go to every home game why not get a season ticket spread over 10 months with Zebra finance? No excuses really and a no brainer if you go to all these games like you say.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2013, 09:40:00 am by 1879Rovers »

Difference is, we were never going to fill the stadium against Leeds. Brentford have shown already this season, when there is a big game they will fill the stadium (Chelsea in the cup).

If it is a winner takes all on the final day, they will have fans clambering for tickets the same way we are. What is our average away following this season? Probably 7-800? (I am guessing), yet you suddenly want Brentford to give us up to 5,000 tickets because they had empty seats on Saturday.

I would hope that if it is winner takes all, the Football League Show would have the decency to step out of the championship and feature a League One game as the main game. That way, those not going, will get a live stream on the internet.

Have Rovers not thought about doing a live feed at the Keepmoat? Lots of clubs do it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2013, 09:53:59 am by Filo »

You`ve been to every home game, which collectively is dearer than buying a season ticket, but you can`t afford to buy a season ticket?

I`m not sure how you work that one out mesen!

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2013, 09:54:59 am by DaveOfDonny »

If you go to every home game why not get a season ticket spread over 10 months with Zebra finance? No excuses really and a no brainer if you go to all these games like you say.

Can unemployed people get finance?

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member

Difference is, we were never going to fill the stadium against Leeds. Brentford have shown already this season, when there is a big game they will fill the stadium (Chelsea in the cup).

If it is a winner takes all on the final day, they will have fans clambering for tickets the same way we are. What is our average away following this season? Probably 7-800? (I am guessing), yet you suddenly want Brentford to give us up to 5,000 tickets because they had empty seats on Saturday.

I would hope that if it is winner takes all, the Football League Show would have the decency to step out of the championship and feature a League One game as the main game. That way, those not going, will get a live stream on the internet.

Have Rovers not thought about doing a live feed at the Keepmoat? Lots of clubs do it.

It costs an absolute fortune though to do that believe it or not. We'd need to sell about 5000 tickets to the live feed at the KMS to just cover the cost

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2013, 10:01:19 am by IDM »

Punished?  Crap.

Season ticket holders get benefits, including away ticket priority.  They shell out for the whole season so there's nowt wrong with that.

I bet there are many STH who don't get full value of the home games due to work etc, but who take advantage of the priorities.

Brentford will be allocating away tickets as per the FL rules on percentages.  It is unfortunate that a possible winner takes all final game is at their place and not somewhere like Coventry where we could get many more tickets.

I'm not a STH and I won't be able to get a Brentford ticket.  Tough luck on me, but that's just how it is.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2013, 10:10:16 am by DaveOfDonny »

Punished?  Crap.

Season ticket holders get benefits, including away ticket priority.  They shell out for the whole season so there's nowt wrong with that.

I bet there are many STH who don't get full value of the home games due to work etc, but who take advantage of the priorities.

Brentford will be allocating away tickets as per the FL rules on percentages.  It is unfortunate that a possible winner takes all final game is at their place and not somewhere like Coventry where we could get many more tickets.

I'm not a STH and I won't be able to get a Brentford ticket.  Tough luck on me, but that's just how it is.

Once again, somebody has an opinion, and people just can't help but shoot them down.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2013, 10:13:07 am by MrFrost »
There's still over 100 tickets left for general sale don't forget. I suspect they will go within the first couple of hours tomorrow/

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2013, 10:17:21 am by DaveOfDonny »
There's still over 100 tickets left for general sale don't forget. I suspect they will go within the first couple of hours tomorrow/

Looks like a mad bike there in the morning for me then! What time does the ticket office open I forget?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2013, 10:20:48 am by Filo »

Punished?  Crap.

Once again, somebody has an opinion, and people just can't help but shoot them down.

And IDM offered you his opinion, but you spit the dummy out

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2013, 10:29:02 am by uros-predic »
Does anyone know what the limit of the amount of tickets 1 person can buy is?

streatham dave

• VSC Member
I heard it is 4

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2013, 10:47:34 am by MrFrost »
Sounds like hundreds of Portsmouth fans managed to get in the home end at Brentford yesterday, so maybe their ticketing policies aren't as strict as they make out.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2013, 11:44:45 am by IDM »

Punished?  Crap.

We can all have differing opinions, disagreeing isn't shooting you down.  STHs always get priorities for tickets etc, always will.  So I was disagreeing with your statement that you said you are being "punished" as a non STH - disagreeing, not shooting down.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2013, 01:31:19 pm by DaveOfDonny »

Punished?  Crap.

We can all have differing opinions, disagreeing isn't shooting you down.  STHs always get priorities for tickets etc, always will.  So I was disagreeing with your statement that you said you are being "punished" as a non STH - disagreeing, not shooting down.

Disagreeing means showing respect when doing so, saying my statement is crap is by no means showing respect.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2013, 01:34:21 pm by The Beast »
Come on boys if you want a ticket for Griffin  Park you should really have one by now, i'm not a season ticket holder or a member of the KGB but managed to get a couple.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2013, 01:36:25 pm by DaveOfDonny »

Punished?  Crap.

And IDM offered you his opinion, but you spit the dummy out

That's your opinion, and I disagree.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2013, 01:38:14 pm by DaveOfDonny »
I didn't want to cause an argument or anything, perhaps 'punished' was too strong a word, just frustrating.

Do we know if there will be 'pay at the gate' tickets available?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2013, 01:50:06 pm by IDM »
Precisely Dave, I was reacting to the strength of the word "punishment", not to your right to hold a different opinion...

Otherwise I understand your frustration - but I'm in the same position, I just accept I'll miss out.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 14, 2013, 02:48:08 pm by Red wizard »
I didn't want to cause an argument or anything, perhaps 'punished' was too strong a word, just frustrating.

Pay at the gate? Are you on a wind up?
Just get down the Keepmoat for opening and you should get one. Can't see there been that many there first thing.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 14, 2013, 05:05:47 pm by DaveOfDonny »

Pay at the gate? Are you on a wind up?
Just get down the Keepmoat for opening and you should get one. Can't see there been that many there first thing.

What? I was wondering if they may release more tickets on the day, like they did at Crewe.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 14, 2013, 05:08:38 pm by MrFrost »
Crewe didn't release more tickets, we just didn't come close to selling out.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 14, 2013, 05:11:51 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Crewe didn't release more tickets, we just didn't come close to selling out.

But when I bought my ticket on Friday they said there was 90-something left, and on the day they made 630-something available on the day...

Doesn't matter anyway.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012