Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:29:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe - home leg  (Read 2477 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Crewe - home leg
« on April 28, 2024, 06:03:37 pm by philsky »
Wonder how many home supporters we could get in and how many away fans places should be allocated ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe - home leg
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2024, 06:10:12 pm by donnievic »
I wouldn’t give them the full away end just bang then in the corner if we can sell part of the north stand just like the jpt game

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2024, 06:12:12 pm by Nudga »
We actually split the north stand with them in the jpt northern final.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2024, 06:12:32 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There must be a hundred or more wasted in the corner beneath the big screen.  Don't understand the need to cover the whole group.  Only the top three or four rows need closing off to prevent people standing obstructing the screen.  Just remove the seats for those rows.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2024, 06:26:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There must be a hundred or more wasted in the corner beneath the big screen.  Don't understand the need to cover the whole group.  Only the top three or four rows need closing off to prevent people standing obstructing the screen.  Just remove the seats for those rows.

We've not really needed to up to now. Should demand require us to use seats we would normally leave, then I'm sure they'll do it.

As speculated in the run up to the Barrow game, there's plenty of scope to accommodate up to about 12,500 home fans. We sold just shy of 10,000 so there's a way to go yet but I think we're assured of another cracking atmosphere.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2024, 06:32:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Judging by the price of away tickets, I guess the home leg will be priced the same so that looks very reasonable. 

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2024, 06:54:31 pm by normal rules »
I hope rovers don’t allocate the whole of the north stand simply because that’s always been done. If the north stand can be segregated then do just that. If Crewe can only allocate 1600, then the north stand should be cut in half and allow home supporters to fill half of  it creating a home advantage . This game should not be about revenue, and everything about creating the 12th man.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2024, 07:04:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I hope rovers don’t allocate the whole of the north stand simply because that’s always been done. If the north stand can be segregated then do just that. If Crewe can only allocate 1600, then the north stand should be cut in half and allow home supporters to fill half of  it creating a home advantage . This game should not be about revenue, and everything about creating the 12th man.

They were ready to open up the North for the Barrow game but didn't need to in the end.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 28, 2024, 07:24:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Is it possible for them to put the away fans in the side first and round the corner so we've got if we can sell enough, fans behind both goals like they have? That's surely worth a little boost?

I thought we called it wrong in the Charlton game giving them the full allocation, even though demand wasn't there. I feel the demand is bigger for this one...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2024, 07:24:50 pm by IDM »
I think there might be rules about what proportion of the capacity should be available to the visiting fans, a bit like in the fa cup.?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2024, 07:31:27 pm by danumdon »
Is it somewhere around 10%?, if so give them 1000 in the north end of the East stand, try and keep the North stand for an anticipated 12k home attendance.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2024, 07:38:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Is it possible for them to put the away fans in the side first and round the corner so we've got if we can sell enough, fans behind both goals like they have? That's surely worth a little boost?

I thought we called it wrong in the Charlton game giving them the full allocation, even though demand wasn't there. I feel the demand is bigger for this one...

It's always a balance though isn't it. Will there be much demand for in excess of 10,000 Rovers fans? Even 11,000 leaves some wriggle room to decide how best to accommodate the,away fans. I would imagine we're obliged to offer them up to a similar allocation of 1500.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2024, 07:53:09 pm by roversdude »
Price it to attract the people of Doncaster

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 28, 2024, 07:53:49 pm by StocktonRover »
The visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). The following conditions shall apply:

unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing, all tickets shall be on sale or return basis;
payments for tickets sold by a visiting Club together with details of tickets sold and the return of unsold tickets, must be made to the Home Club within four days of the date of the match; and
a minimum of 10% of the total disabled spectator accommodation must be made available to disabled supporters of the visiting https://www.efl.com/documents/play-off-rules/#

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 28, 2024, 07:58:12 pm by Filo »
The visiting Club shall have the right to claim 2,000 tickets for use by its supporters (or such number as represents 10% of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance, if less than 2,000). The following conditions shall apply:

unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing, all tickets shall be on sale or return basis;
payments for tickets sold by a visiting Club together with details of tickets sold and the return of unsold tickets, must be made to the Home Club within four days of the date of the match; and
a minimum of 10% of the total disabled spectator accommodation must be made available to disabled supporters of the visiting https://www.efl.com/documents/play-off-rules/#

That to me says that if we give them 2k they have to pay for 2k, if we give them less they only pay for what they sell, 10% would be around 1450

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 28, 2024, 08:00:09 pm by donnievic »
you shouldn’t need to price it to attract people for this game at all

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 28, 2024, 08:02:49 pm by Silkscarf »
Wonder how many home supporters we could get in and how many away fans places should be allocated ?

They’re giving us 16.5% of capacity. So we reciprocate. 2500ish. Maybe less to allow for segregation areas.

So 3 packed out sides of the stadium cheering us on to Wem-ber-lee.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 28, 2024, 08:04:45 pm by Silkscarf »
If they can’t sell 2500 they forfeit the 2nd leg.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 28, 2024, 08:10:03 pm by roversdude »
you shouldn’t need to price it to attract people for this game at all

Maybe not but it would be great to have the stadium packed to the rafters

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 28, 2024, 08:16:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Barrow take up proves it was the right decision not to reduce tickets, plus looks like the prices are already set, even if wanted to reduce. Once EFL take their cut, it wouldn't leave much. It's not an option.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 28, 2024, 08:36:06 pm by drfcsteve »
Do we have the breakdown though of how many of the Barrow tickets were freebies or discounted for kids?

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 28, 2024, 09:04:56 pm by Plumbster »
I would rather we give freebies to kids to fill the stadium than discounted for all- as SM has said before this is how we build the fanbase

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 28, 2024, 09:20:37 pm by Chris the Rover »
If the club expect a bigger attendance than for the Barrow game, they need to get their act together regarding the West Stand turnstiles. There was only one open near the north end, the queue was horrendous and there were stewards searching numerous people in the queue. There were fans coming in past us 20 minutes after kickoff. If they were “floating” fans I doubt they will come back when the game is on tv.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 28, 2024, 10:19:53 pm by andysly »
As long as we don't get beat 3-0 at Crewe there will be 11k+ Rovers fans.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 28, 2024, 10:24:45 pm by roversdude »
Think the scanners failed we were first in at one of the South end of the West Stand turnstiles and the girl couldn’t get it working, opened another one and that didn’t work either fortunately the turnstile that actually opened first did work but we could see the queues getting longer and longer from the concourse

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 29, 2024, 07:25:39 am by colincramb »
Think the scanners failed we were first in at one of the South end of the West Stand turnstiles and the girl couldn’t get it working, opened another one and that didn’t work either fortunately the turnstile that actually opened first did work but we could see the queues getting longer and longer from the concourse

It was the north end west turnstiles that were the problem. Only 1 of them open despite the queue being all the way across the car park

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 29, 2024, 08:10:13 am by roversdude »

It was the north end west turnstiles that were the problem. Only 1 of them open despite the queue being all the way across the car park
Think they only opened that turnstile because the other one was playing up

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 29, 2024, 08:58:01 am by ravenrover »
As I said in another thread I showed my season ticket and was just waved through, no scan

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 29, 2024, 09:02:17 am by drfcsteve »
Can we give the catering staff some basic training for another big turnout. Eg simple things like telling them to start pints pouring first given that takes the longest, rather than leaving it till last after they’ve walked around the kiosk to the till and gone back and forwards to the pie warmer.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 29, 2024, 09:04:46 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Hopefully they'll go on sale asap. It's a small window and we should get them out straight away if we want to fill the place.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012