Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:07:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Predictions for Cardiff  (Read 8000 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re:Predictions for Cardiff
« Reply #30 on August 21, 2010, 12:19:49 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Agreed Bob but retentions of the ball are key and given the last two games last season we held the ball 75% Bell will need to be very sharp with any opportunities!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 21, 2010, 12:22:01 am by hoolahoop »
BobG wrote:
I agree with all of that Hoola. But none of it will take away the power of Bothroyd, the speed of Bellamy, the quality of Chopra and the talemnts of several others. We've got our talents for sure, but that lot will be well fired up tomorrow. I'm not going to eat any dogs b*llocks if we did happen to win, but I would be very surprised. :)

Cheers

Bob

No fancy us, the respective styles and circumstances are more suited to us than them. Just a tad concerned about the officials that's all.
We will win this if we come first out of the blocks settle down and play our best level of pass and move footy.
No dog's bollox for me either though.........bon soir mon ami, a demain.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 21, 2010, 12:38:53 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Officals? Why?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 21, 2010, 01:41:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I love our glass half empty attitude. Deep down we think we're gonna get hammered. Last two seasons at home, we've battered Cardiff.

Sure, if our players line up in the tunnel and say, Good afternoon Mr Bellamy, Alreet Mr Bothroyd and didn't you used to play for Newcastle Mr Chopra ? Then we're gonna perform like a mid table team.

Take the game to them like we know we can do, and it's a whole different ball game.

Shrinking violets or venus fly traps ?

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 21, 2010, 05:27:45 am by redbrez »
going for a 2 - 1 win,with woods scoring and a sharp winner.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 21, 2010, 09:15:37 am by The Red Baron »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I don't think facing Bellamy (which essentially is what this has become) will be a major problem. What is a problem is that because all eyes are one him and he will be carrying the weight of expectation on his shoulders, at the same time it reduces some of the weight off Chopra & Boothroyd's shoulders.

We will get hammered if Shelton Martis produces one of his \"death by dangerous defending\" type performances, but providing he doesn't it should be an even game.

Martis hasn't travelled to Cardiff but Mark Wilson has.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 21, 2010, 09:17:06 am by MrFrost »
I'd settle for a draw, so i'll go for 1-1 with Sharp scoring.

Deano

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 21, 2010, 09:52:57 am by Deano »
Has anyone else got the feeling that if we get a big result today, it could really push us on and define our season? If we do get a result, youd have to go back while to think of a better start, probably our promotion season from league 2.

Okay, maybe I'm getting a little bit excited, but we never start well, especially since SOD has took over. I just think this is massive game in terms of us getting our foot in that promotion door!

Rtid

PS - 2 - 1 Rovers (Sharp and Thomas), Bellamy to get sent off after getting frustrated

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 21, 2010, 10:04:34 am by MrFrost »
I was just thinking that myself Deano. A win today would really get confidence high in the camp and a good spring board for the rest of the season.

Reality though, there are 43 games left after today!

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 21, 2010, 12:36:14 pm by WSBBA_Joe »
Head - Cardiff 3 - 1 Rovers

Heart - Cardiff 0 - 1 Rovers

TinyPortal © 2005-2012