Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:02:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Bennett  (Read 2998 times)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
Kyle Bennett
« on February 14, 2015, 06:06:33 pm by phil o sophical »
I must admit when he went on loan to Bradford i thought that would be the last we saw of him in a Rovers shirt, but fair play to the lad, he's got his head together and put in some solid performances this season. More than deserves another contract on his showing this year

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Bennett
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2015, 06:28:33 pm by Donnyrovers »
He's matured and playing with confidence been one of the better players this season and at times has been harshly dropped this season.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2015, 06:31:56 pm by glosterred »
Thought at times in the second half he looked a bit bored and not fully committed, could be me though,but a good Rovers performance today.

COYR

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2015, 06:33:12 pm by POD »
I thought he was looking a bit tired with 15 minutes to go, but the next thing, he had run the full length of the field to slot in the third goal. 

With Coppinger and possibly Forrester both now injured, this is going to be a time for Kyle to step up and show us what he can do.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2015, 07:00:45 pm by roversontheup »
I thought he was looking a bit tired with 15 minutes to go, but the next thing, he had run the full length of the field to slot in the third goal. 

With Coppinger and possibly Forrester both now injured, this is going to be a time for Kyle to step up and show us what he can do.

I thought he was doing exactly that this season!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2015, 07:06:22 pm by IDM »
I thought on the whole Bennett had been having a poor game today.  But to his credit he kept on going and was there to apply a great finish after Tyson's run.  Then he seemed to play better.

Harsh to be critical after a good home win, but with Copps and Forrester probably doubtful for Tuesday, Bennett needs to up his game - big chance for him to shine.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2015, 07:09:31 pm by roversontheup »
I didn't think he had his best game today but do think he has been a revelation this season. Work ethic and tackling were never his strong suits but this season he's improved beyond belief.

Took his goal really well after that superb run by NT.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2015, 08:18:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I didn't think he had his best game today but do think he has been a revelation this season. Work ethic and tackling were never his strong suits but this season he's improved beyond belief.

Took his goal really well after that superb run by NT.

:that:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2015, 08:20:14 pm by RobTheRover »
Really?

I thought he was excellent.  A number of times his wall passes with other players were incredibly effective.  Yeovil were chasing shadows at times.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2015, 08:25:34 pm by HomerJSimpson »
He wasn't great today but the big change is that he never stopped working and made a great dart into the box for his goal. I've been very impressed with him this season, big change in attitude although possibly helped by taking less stick from the fans.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2015, 09:08:57 pm by the vicar »
i dont think you could fault anyone today

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2015, 09:16:01 pm by Northants Nomad »
Interesting how some think Kyle had a good game, others thought he was less good. Personally, I'm going to sit right on the fence. I thought he did some good stuff but some of his flicks and passes did not come off, and on more than one occasion they were in the defensive third of the field. This often led to Yeovil gaining possession in more-threatening positions than they deserved to be (they were a poor team!). So, people who want Kyle to succeed and was to think highly of him saw the positives that he undoubtedly brought to the game. Meanwhile, those who will never see how improved Kyle is this season will have had enough evidence to support their view.

On the whole, for me, a 7/10 performance and took his goal well with a lovely, composed finish.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2015, 09:26:49 am by jonnydog »
I'm sitting on the fence too, though his head definitely dropped for about 10-15 minutes before his goal, mainly I think because there player was ragging him all over and the red did nowt.

It's no excuse, a professional should remain as such but he got it together and got a deserved goal.

I would definitely offer him another contract.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2015, 09:32:53 am by RobTheRover »
I like the fact that if he tries something g and loses it,  he now goes and tries to get it back. That was something he wasn't doing 2 years ago.

I used to moan about how he would just do enough not to get the manager on his back. Come across to put pressure on an opposition player but not quite get there before the cross came in,  that sort of thing. He now seems to have a real team ethic and works incredibly hard. He's rapidly becoming one of my favourite players.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2015, 12:37:14 pm by i_ateallthepies »
For me, yesterday Bennett showed a couple of times the thing that used to frustrate me about his play before.  He received the ball with space to run into but turned back and either layed it off or gave himself another man to beat.

But, he did everything required with his goal and you can't say fairer than that.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2015, 12:53:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
Thought at times in the second half he looked a bit bored and not fully committed, could be me though,but a good Rovers performance today.

COYR

He didn't have his best game yesterday, that's for sure, but a well took goal and if we can win like that when key players aren't at their best, it bodes well.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2015, 01:37:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
His improvement in performance has been surpassed by his improvement in attitude.

Head never goes down, no tantrums and puts in 100pc even though in and out of team.

A good attitude almost as valuable as good skill.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012