Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:12:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe fans seem quite nice!  (Read 1892 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Crewe fans seem quite nice!
« on November 29, 2021, 07:53:19 pm by sha66y »
“The only way that the fans can help is to support the players ...

Anyone remember 22 December 1998 (?)

We were away at QPR, and had not won for nearly 20 games !!

The support that day was fantastic (no booing/criticising) and the players responded to it ...

Can still see the looks on the players faces when they came over to applaud the fans at the final whistle.”

Maybe a leaf from their book ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe fans seem quite nice!
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2021, 08:04:41 pm by scawsby steve »

The support that day was fantastic (no booing/criticising) and the players responded to it ...

Can still see the looks on the players faces when they came over to applaud the fans at the final whistle.”

What's your point?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2021, 08:19:27 pm by sha66y »

What's your point?

They are accepting they will probably be relegated and would rather get behind the team ……. They have more turmoil yet less turbulence…

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2021, 06:33:34 am by Padge_DRFC »
Crewe probably have half out budget and being in league 1 for the crowds they get is an over achievement.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2021, 09:13:39 am by Campsall rover »

QPR Dec 1998 we were in 1st season in the Conference and played Southend away in the FA Cup.
Won with a Dave Penny goal. We did not play QPR that season. In fact we did not play QPR until we reached the Championship.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2021, 09:21:29 am by Campsall rover »
Come on Sha66y

Crewe were expected to struggle in this league. They over achieved last season.
Much smaller club than us with a lower budget.
They achieve what they do through a very good youth set up going back to the 1980s

Do you really think we should all be happy to see our team performing the way they did on Saturday and just accept relegation is inevitable. You seem to think it is a necessity.
Sorry I cannot accept accepting abject failure. Our supporters deserve better and expect better than what we are being served up right now.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2021, 09:54:39 am by Alickismyhero »
Come on Camps what Sha66y is saying is

"We have to get behind the boys to get an improvement in our performance"

Its not his suggestion that we accept the poor performances.

I will always remember the cup game, Cops and his 3 goals, where Southend supporters reaction to getting thrashed, admirable.

Ok it was a one off cup game but thats the situation we are in now, every game is a cup game to the end of this season!

Thats the spirit the team needs because without it it makes the game even harder.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:04:38 am by Alickismyhero »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2021, 10:08:40 am by dickos1 »

QPR Dec 1998 we were in 1st season in the Conference and played Southend away in the FA Cup.
Won with a Dave Penny goal. We did not play QPR that season. In fact we did not play QPR until we reached the Championship.

He’s obviously quoting from the Crewe website

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2021, 10:09:39 am by dickos1 »
Stark contrast from what these Crewe fans are saying and our own magnificent supporters chanting for their money back after 20 mins, with the score at 0-0.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2021, 11:42:16 am by Campsall rover »
Come on Camps what Sha66y is saying is

"We have to get behind the boys to get an improvement in our performance"

Its not his suggestion that we accept the poor performances.

I will always remember the cup game, Cops and his 3 goals, where Southend supporters reaction to getting thrashed, admirable.

Ok it was a one off cup game but thats the situation we are in now, every game is a cup game to the end of this season!

Thats the spirit the team needs because without it it makes the game even harder.
Yes agree with you 100% I have been saying on a regular basis we the fans need to get behind the team and be the 12th man.
But even I can accept people getting disillusioned after watching what we saw at Burton.
Lets face it most fans have been brilliant but there is a limit to how much dross we can put up with.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:49:06 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 30, 2021, 12:11:19 pm by Campsall rover »

He’s obviously quoting from the Crewe website
Ah right. Thought he was talking about Rovers. Mis read his post.  :zzz:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 30, 2021, 03:48:34 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Crewe fans have seen a different situation to us. As has been said they rely heavily on the youth system with bits of experience added.
They haven’t had the promotion and relegation journey that we’ve been on, so our fans are quite different in how we react to things.
We’ve been spoiled for quite a few years in how well we have done.
Our fans on the whole are good fans, we will excuse the team failing now and again ,if we see effort, and also if we lose to the better team.

This club has the ability to be doing on lot better than we are. There was always going to be a period where we would struggle for a time. What is hard to accept is the deterioration, that we have seen over it a few years, that we the fans can see but the owners don’t seem to.
Because we know they are good businessmen we expect them to see it and do something about it. When they don’t that leads to fans questioning whether they are still interested in the club, whether rightfully or wrongly?.

The managers we have had recently have done ok, without pulling up any trees. McCann was building something but left for what he saw as a better job. Moore not quite so well, but I sense the funding had started to lessen in his period of being manager. He also left for a ‘better job’ as he saw it, which was his right.
Butler was a cheap, see how it goes temporary appointment that didn’t work.

Wellens has walked into a club being downgraded in my opinion.
The funding he has been given has closely followed going downwards. Still I think he should have done much better than he has. He has made a few mistakes, publicly saying players have no future, tactically,calling players out publicly, just not seeming to learn from mistakes.
I’ve given my opinion on what should happen, but will continue to support him while he is manager. I hope he can turn it around and start to bring the best from what he has on the pitch, injuries or not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:53:55 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 30, 2021, 04:57:56 pm by sha66y »
Come on Sha66y

They achieve what they do through a very good youth set up going back to the 1980s

Do you really think we should all be happy to see our team performing the way they did on Saturday and just accept relegation is inevitable. You seem to think it is a necessity.
Sorry I cannot accept accepting abject failure. Our supporters deserve better and expect better than what we are being served up right now.

Then one of us is going to be ok with the seasons outcome,

I have chose not to forget the hand that Richie was dealt, I’ve not conveniently forgotten that Richie has had to spread the money available very thinly in order to populate the squad, I’m very aware that DM created a recruitment vacuum with his penchant for loan players instead of developing our own players, …and yes I am also aware that there has been a pandemic that affected the clubs finances…

And because I know these things I can accept that when the club says it’s a season of consolidation….I read between the lines and expect it to be a season of struggle which could lead to a relegation!

There is nothing you or I can do to change the outcome of all this turmoil…..
Yet I still offer verbal support ( rose tinted glasses) and you offer scathing rants!

And that’s why I’m ok with whatever this season offers me!

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 30, 2021, 06:19:21 pm by Plumbster »
I will be glad when this debate is finished- we are just getting the same points made by the same people time after time.  We are all Rovers and we all want the best for our club, that’s all that matters.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 30, 2021, 11:24:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Come on Sha66y

I have chose not to forget the hand that Richie was dealt, I%u2019ve not conveniently forgotten that Richie has had to spread the money available very thinly in order to populate the squad, I%u2019m very aware that DM created a recruitment vacuum with his penchant for loan players instead of developing our own players, %u2026and yes I am also aware that there has been a pandemic that affected the clubs finances%u2026

And because I know these things I can accept that when the club says it%u2019s a season of consolidation%u2026.I read between the lines and expect it to be a season of struggle which could lead to a relegation!

There is nothing you or I can do to change the outcome of all this turmoil%u2026..
Yet I still offer verbal support ( rose tinted glasses) and you offer scathing rants!

And that%u2019s why I%u2019m ok with whatever this season offers me!
Scathing rants are a bit over the top. Are you mixing me up with someone else by any chance?
There has not been many if any others more positive and upbeat about the club on this forum.

I can accept getting beaten, what i cannot accept is the way we got beaten at Burton.
We surely should expect to see a few passes from our players which actually arrived at one of our own players feet. Surely we should expect to see a semblance of teamwork going forward and surely in 94 mins of football we should expect to see the opposition keeper actually have a shot or even 3/4 to save.
We did not see any of that at Burton.

4 months of working on the training ground to produce absolutely nothing in 94 mins against a bang average League 1 team should be below any supporters expectations, even yours shaa66.

I can accept relegation if we are genuinely not good enough to stay up but i cannot accept it unless i see the team going down fighting to the last whistle of the last game.
Surely that is not unreasonable, is it?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:26:22 pm by Campsall rover »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2021, 01:11:19 am by BobG »
Thank you sha66y. And thank you Dickos.

BobG

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 01, 2021, 08:39:54 am by sha66y »
Come on Sha66y

I have chose not to forget the hand that Richie was dealt, I%u2019ve not conveniently forgotten that Richie has had to spread the money available very thinly in order to populate the squad, I%u2019m very aware that DM created a recruitment vacuum with his penchant for loan players instead of developing our own players, %u2026and yes I am also aware that there has been a pandemic that affected the clubs finances%u2026

And because I know these things I can accept that when the club says it%u2019s a season of consolidation%u2026.I read between the lines and expect it to be a season of struggle which could lead to a relegation!

There is nothing you or I can do to change the outcome of all this turmoil%u2026..

And that%u2019s why I%u2019m ok with whatever this season offers me!
Scathing rants are a bit over the top. Are you mixing me up with someone else by any chance?
There has not been many if any others more positive and upbeat about the club on this forum.

I can accept getting beaten, what i cannot accept is the way we got beaten at Burton.
We surely should expect to see a few passes from our players which actually arrived at one of our own players feet. Surely we should expect to see a semblance of teamwork going forward and surely in 94 mins of football we should expect to see the opposition keeper actually have a shot or even 3/4 to save.
We did not see any of that at Burton.

4 months of working on the training ground to produce absolutely nothing in 94 mins against a bang average League 1 team should be below any supporters expectations, even yours shaa66.

I can accept relegation if we are genuinely not good enough to stay up but i cannot accept it unless i see the team going down fighting to the last whistle of the last game.
Surely that is not unreasonable, is it?

To end this debate I think your last chapter is about right…

“we aren’t good enough to stay up this season” ,

But we might!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012