Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:14:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How things would have looked...  (Read 3466 times)

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
How things would have looked...
« on March 04, 2012, 05:31:51 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
had the season started when DS took over.

GP    P   GD
Southampton       27   47    20
West Ham               25       47       11
Cardiff         25    46     8
Hull         25    45     7
Blackpool       27    44     10
Burnley           26       42        8
Leicester       26    41     8
Leeds          26    41     2
Middlesbrough      26    39    -2
Crystal Palace      26    37     3
Brighton       26    37     0
Barnsley               27    36   -5
Watford               27    36    -10
Ipswich                26    32     2
Peterborough       26    28    -6
Derby         26    28    -13
Millwall       27    27    -10
Notts Forest      26    27    -16
Bristol City      27    26    -21
Doncaster      25    25    -15
Coventry       27    23    -15
Portsmouth       26    20    -1

So with games in hand we'd have been 3 points from 17th and with a vastly improved goal difference, surely this is proof that things are improving under DS?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve72

• Forum Member
Re: How things would have looked...
« Reply #1 on March 04, 2012, 05:47:11 pm by steve72 »
All ifs and buts i'm afraid. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Lets face it you have been crap all season. You have been in the bottom three since 18 Sept and even before then at various stages of the season.

Sorry guys it's league 1 for you next season. You will even do a Scunny i feel and struggle in that league. Once all your loans have gone back and high earners not being offered new contracts i really believe you will struggle to stay up in league 1.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 04, 2012, 05:51:29 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"steve72\" post=224157

Lets face it you have been crap all season. You have been in the bottom three since 18 Sept and even before then at various stages of the season.

Sorry guys it's league 1 for you next season. You will even do a Scunny i feel and struggle in that league. Once all your loans have gone back and high earners not being offered new contracts i really believe you will struggle to stay up in league 1.

I will think you will find that after we beat Peterborough away the table look like this (link)

So if you are gonna come one here and troll, at leats get your facts right.

Also, it doesn't say much about yourselves if you can't beat a team that \"will struggle to stay up in league 1.\"

:welcome:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2012, 05:56:37 pm by Donnybax »

do yourself a favour and start another bumming session will you. If you cant find your boyfriend then there are plenty of others in brighton that will do for you aren't there?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2012, 05:56:52 pm by Chris »
Completely different squads.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #5 on March 04, 2012, 05:57:46 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=224158

I will think you will find that after we beat Peterborough away the table look like this (link)

So if you are gonna come one here and troll, at leats get your facts right.

Also, it doesn't say much about yourselves if you can't beat a team that \"will struggle to stay up in league 1.\"

:welcome:

Southampton must be super shit then ?

pubteam

« Reply #6 on March 04, 2012, 06:07:54 pm by pubteam »

I'm actually feeling good about our chances now you've said that, as we all know how wide of the mark your previous predictions were.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 04, 2012, 06:15:26 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=224161

Not really, the side yesterday had 6 of sods players in it, and some of the games since he took over he's had all sods players in the side.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 04, 2012, 06:32:19 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=224172
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=224161

Not really, the side yesterday had 6 of sods players in it, and some of the games since he took over he's had all sods players in the side.

I'd say that 5 different players is a pretty big change between two starting 11s.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 04, 2012, 06:34:33 pm by roverstillidie91 »
For all the things ive heard about brighton

i thought you was worse than peterborough personally

dont get all big headed because you could easily follow us down next season if the worst happens

and once your owner starts putting in less funds into the playing squad you wont be going anywhere soon

Because players arent attracted to go and play for Brighton. once anyone gets a sniff of any of your good players they will be off.. mark my words

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 04, 2012, 06:38:11 pm by mushRTID »
Brighton were shite, but apparently that was our pitches fault...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 04, 2012, 06:44:50 pm by dickos1 »
If that's what you think, but we're talking about 25 games, and in a lot of them we have played with the same ten outfield players as sod used, along with numerous games with 1 or 2 changes.

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 04, 2012, 06:52:20 pm by Timbo042 »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=224180
Brighton were shite, but apparently that was our pitches fault...

Maybe if we played the hovis ad whilst \"coming out:byebye \" ??? Short memory these Brighton boyz, might be \"backs to the wall time\" next season for the seadulls if you play like you did yesterday, but you lot must be used to that :kiss: !!!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 04, 2012, 07:11:00 pm by The L J Monk »
Who can think of some other things that haven't happened that we can talk about?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 04, 2012, 08:28:24 pm by RobTheRover »
Moon landings?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 04, 2012, 09:00:36 pm by wilts rover »
Sheff Utd winning an appeal?

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 04, 2012, 09:51:24 pm by Standanista »
Statue of Elvis found on Mars?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 04, 2012, 09:59:54 pm by hoolahoop »
Leeds becoming European champions ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 04, 2012, 11:23:53 pm by BobG »
Actually, I think we'll be down again within the next 2 or possibly 3 seasons unless the Board gets a pretty substantial investor first. There ain't no money so all this talk of decent squads for L1 is b*llocks. There's no option but a fire sale. If you want a prediction, Friend, Woods, Copps and Spurr will all be gone next season. As will most of the mercenaries. But the one I hope will be gone will probably still be around unfortunately...

There. I said it..... Don't know why I come on here tbh. Counter cultural. That's me.

BobG

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2013, 08:04:19 pm by donnymatty »

Couldn't of been more wrong

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2013, 08:31:08 pm by dickos1 »
Bob will cringe when he reads that...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 30, 2013, 11:14:19 pm by BobG »
Not at all Dickos. You will note I said 'unless we get a significant investor'. Well, we did.

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 30, 2013, 11:55:40 pm by dickos1 »
We didn't though, we completely slashed our wage bill. And we certainly didn't get any new investors just the ones that you predicted would never spend any money again.
Who was the one you were hoping would be gone? JR?
Anyhow we can all be wrong now and again and I'm pretty sure you're glad you were wrong just this once..

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2013, 12:18:37 am by BobG »
Oh do grow up Dickos. Can't you remember the big splashes John and the Board made about all the extra investment the Keepmoat Two had decided to put in after all?

And please stop reading what's not there. I said if there isn't investment the Rovers will be in trouble. At the time the KM Two were publicly insisting they weren't going to invest. So the obvious conclusion was that the Rovers would be in trouble. As it turned out, they did invest. And so the Rovers were not. A more interesting question to explore might be what changed the minds of the KM2? Or why you seem to have this fascination with re-writing history in your own image?

BobG

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2013, 06:52:28 am by dickos1 »
Bob, you were adamant back then that they would never invest ever again, therefore we needed a new investor. We had many a discussion about this as I believed they would always continue to financially support the club, even silent majority stated they'd never stopped, but for some reason you wanted John Ryan out of the club, and were convinced we were heading straight to the conference.
I'm not the one re-writing history and if I could be arsed I'd look for your posts from back then to prove my point.
If it was me I'd be delighted that I've been proven wrong, like I say there's nothing wrong with being proven wrong especially when it's turned out like it has..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012