Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:01:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: THAT PENALTY and aftermath .a stewards inquiry  (Read 3493 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
THAT PENALTY and aftermath .a stewards inquiry
« on April 28, 2013, 10:41:52 am by not on facebook »
1.....was it a pen in Your eyes?

I Cant make me mind up ,but for sure if the pen had not be given i doubt rovers would have gone up as champs,for obvious reasons.

WHACK ball hit bar and straight back into play,rovers score,Champions.

2.....what on earth was PAYNTER doing hugging the touchline?was he hoping for a quick exit after the bees scored the pen with the on comming pitch invasion?

Or was it great positional play?

3.....what the fcuk were the brentford players doing
By only Leaving ONE player on half way line to keep an eye on copps?

Last question

4....how many times have you Watched the you tube footage Of thr incident above?

I have lost count.

Also the lighting up ofte FLARES at the end,that footage Will Stay in Your minds for rest Of yer lifes,so go Easy on the chaps with the mindset.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: THAT PENALTY and aftermath .a stewards inquiry
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2013, 10:45:58 am by Chris Black come back »
McCombe did quite clearly handle the ball. Nobody was really protesting, including McCombe. No idea why Donaldson went down like a sack of shite though if the offence was handball. Diving bugger.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2013, 11:05:12 am by donnievic »
At 1st look of it I thought he actually gave it for a high boot on Donaldson till watched it a few more times

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2013, 12:20:36 pm by RobTheRover »
Why did Sulli get booked for timewasting when Brentford werent ready to take the pen?

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2013, 12:42:28 pm by nice one rovers »

I Cant make me mind up ,but for sure if the pen had not be given i doubt rovers would have gone up as champs,for obvious reasons.

2.....what on earth was PAYNTER doing hugging the touchline?was he hoping for a quick exit after the bees scored the pen with the on comming pitch invasion?

Last question

4....how many times have you Watched the you tube footage Of thr incident above?

I have lost count.

Also the lighting up ofte FLARES at the end,that footage Will Stay in Your minds for rest Of yer lifes,so go Easy on the chaps with the mindset.

Brian Flynn says he asked Billy what are you doing here , he was on his knees praying, he got up and the ball came to his feet. and he took it and ran .

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2013, 08:31:55 pm by afro goal machine »
Look north or calender said paynter was in the dugout

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2013, 01:51:52 pm by donnyproletarian »

Last question

I have lost count.

Brian Flynn says he asked Billy what are you doing here , he was on his knees praying, he got up and the ball came to his feet. and he took it and ran .

Divine intervention and the power of prayer .I was praying at the same time.I always knew Jesus was a rovers fan 

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2013, 01:55:34 pm by VivaRovers »
Something else that's not be questioned...

...exactly how far offside was Jamie Coppinger?

I'm fairly certain he was though I haven't yet found a camera angle that shows it clearly enough

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2013, 01:56:55 pm by DonnyNoel »

Last question

I have lost count.

Divine intervention and the power of prayer .I was praying at the same time.I always knew Jesus was a rovers fan 

Jesus saves............and Coppinger stabs home the resulting counter attack ;)

pubteam

« Reply #9 on April 30, 2013, 01:57:48 pm by pubteam »
Handball? I'm pretty sure it was for the high boot on Donaldson. Penalty for me, no complaints.

As for Paynter, I think he was just standing with the coaching staff and subs. He certainly wasn't trying to get off the pitch in case they invaded, as the tunnel was on the opposite side in the corner rather than being between the dugouts.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2013, 02:01:32 pm by DonnyNoel »

I'm fairly certain he was though I haven't yet found a camera angle that shows it clearly enough

He appeared to be behind Paynter when crossing the half way line but Paynter certainly squared the ball at pace suggesting Copps must have been advanced to actually be able to get the ball. Can only assume the lino couldn't keep up with play or was keeping a close eye on the keeper nearly handling out side the box.

The Brentford forum appears to be registered users only so I can't read it, are there are any posts on there about the subject of Copps being offside or is that Trotta's fault too!?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2013, 02:17:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I just registered to try and find out what they saw.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2013, 02:22:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I would suggest only Bournemouth would be annoyed if Copps was offside - it didn't make any real difference to Brentford

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2013, 02:52:46 pm by VivaRovers »

He appeared to be behind Paynter when crossing the half way line but Paynter certainly squared the ball at pace suggesting Copps must have been advanced to actually be able to get the ball. Can only assume the lino couldn't keep up with play or was keeping a close eye on the keeper nearly handling out side the box.

The linesman was right up there with play... in amongst the mentalism I actually managed to look across to him to check he hadn't flagged for want of calling a goal that wasn't, on the commentary. I looked because I thought he was offside.

Ah well... who cares?

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 30, 2013, 03:16:10 pm by 1879Rovers »
If Paynter had gone of the pitch before the penalty was taken and stood in or near the dugout, theoretically he should have asked to return to the pitch.

But like someone else says...who cares?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 30, 2013, 03:24:11 pm by VivaRovers »
Paynter didn't leave the field, he just stood on the touchline in front of the dugouts. The camera footage used on Rovers Player's highlights package they've put together is great for this.

I shows him standing there in front of the dugouts watching on and then springing into action and being waved forward by Flynn, Butler and co.

I think Calendar and Look North might've been confused by Chris Brown who was in the dugout without a jacket on following his substitution

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 30, 2013, 03:38:40 pm by Milepostuk »
I thought it was brilliant thinking by Paynter that he was on half way just in case the pen was missed and the ball came free. However, from what I've read it seems that he was just there because he didn't want to watch!

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 30, 2013, 04:33:10 pm by Herman Hessian »
i'm still most disappointed that the first rumours I heard - that the penalty had bounced down off the bar, behind the line and then out - weren't true

if it was possible for the events on saturday to have been any more amusing, that was the only way, and the bees lot would be properly pissed off rather than just a bit maudlin as they are now....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 30, 2013, 07:05:59 pm by Filo »
Look north or calender said paynter was in the dugout

By the end of the week he`ll have been just getting on the team bus :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012