Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:18:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sully  (Read 2060 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Sully
« on April 30, 2013, 10:28:23 am by Red Rover »
Thought he was exceptional on the penalty on Saturday, not actually saving it, but his gamesmanship pretty much put them out of kilta. Is he staying on next year? Would you want him to or do you think this might be a good time for him to wrap it up?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Sully
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 10:30:46 am by LincsRover »
With his experience and know how he has to be goalkeeping coach! I agree, his "gamesmanship" got him a yellow card but helped us win the title!!

:rtid:

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2013, 11:03:07 am by Red Rover »
Am I right in thinking Lee Butler has moved into a more general coaching role...maybes leaving a gk coaching role available?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2013, 11:13:49 am by GazLaz »
He didn't really wast any time, the Brentford players wasted their own time arguing really.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2013, 11:15:02 am by Rovers-on-Thames »
Sully was there for Cardiff, Wembley and Brentford. He deserves a lot of credit in this clubs modern history.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2013, 11:41:14 am by jucyberry »
I want him to come live with me......  :blush: :whistle:

But as that isn't possible, lol..  Wouldn't it be great if he could stay on with us as a coach, he has so much experience to pass on to the young goalies coming through it would be a shame if we lost him to another team.

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2013, 11:45:15 am by dodge »
Perfect time to hang his boots up and go coaching for us. Thats what i would like to see happen but maybe he wants to drop a tier or 2 and still do a job for someone.

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2013, 11:52:59 am by ReadingViking »
Can see him going back to AFC Wimbledon as player/GK Coach.  I thought his time wasting from the very first minute on Saturday was highly professional  ;)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2013, 12:18:20 pm by Red Rover »
Can see him going back to AFC Wimbledon as player/GK Coach.  I thought his time wasting from the very first minute on Saturday was highly professional  ;)

Every other bugger does it, about time we did! I don't care what anyone says, watch the amateur penalty footage and watch sully, he got in their heads

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2013, 12:54:38 pm by RobTheRover »
I dont think he got booked for time wasting.  I've heard through unofficial sources he said to Trotta "Its a big kick, son.  Only £6M riding on this!", and the booking was for unsporting behaviour.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2013, 12:59:36 pm by keyser_soze »
I dont think he got booked for time wasting.  I've heard through unofficial sources he said to Trotta "Its a big kick, son.  Only £6M riding on this!", and the booking was for unsporting behaviour.

If that's true then fantastic, well done Sully. Well worth a meaningless booking.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2013, 02:37:59 pm by Jimmydee »
Sully also has generous qualities, did anybody notice that he gave a tip to the steward, the poor steward didn't know what to do with the coins.

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2013, 03:53:33 pm by Milepostuk »

I so want that to be true!

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2013, 04:09:20 pm by weststander »
Don't have a problem with Sully being GK coach, but I do worry that our "current" coaching team may lack a little creativity for the higher league. We need to be better when trying to break down defences especially with set pieces (and defending them!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012