Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:38:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: VSC website  (Read 2208 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
VSC website
« on April 30, 2013, 11:16:20 am by Red Rover »
I didn't realise how often I came on this website until it went down for a couple of days and I didn't know what to do for my Rovers fix!  :P

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: VSC website
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 12:46:41 pm by RobTheRover »
I know.  And the timing could not have been any worse could it.

We are taking it up with our host to express our dissatisfaction.  Just to give you all a little more background, a year ago we changed hosts after being let down again by our previous host.  As a result, the site has been infinitely more stable and has enjoyed constant availability.  However, we also migrated the domain as part of the same process, so it was "all under the same roof" so to speak.  It looks as though this is the part which didnt get transferred properly, and despite having an automatic renewal payment in place the domain lapsed without us receiving notification.  Great effort has gone on over the weekend to resolve this, to piece together exactly what happened and ensure that it wont happen again, and hopefully everyone is now able to get on the site.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2013, 01:28:08 pm by jucyberry »
I didn't realise how often I came on this website until it went down for a couple of days and I didn't know what to do for my Rovers fix!  :P

Must of checked it a hundred times whilst it was down, no other site will do tbh.. what do they say? .....You've tried the rest but the VSC is the best..lol

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2013, 01:29:30 pm by MrFrost »
Can't get on with Firefox. IE is fine.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2013, 02:04:53 pm by RobTheRover »
Michael,  that has to be your browser cache as the site is back and working and you can clearly connect through your ISPs DNS. Try opening the site in Firefox,  letting it fail and then hit ctrl+f5.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2013, 02:33:28 pm by MrFrost »
Michael,  that has to be your browser cache as the site is back and working and you can clearly connect through your ISPs DNS. Try opening the site in Firefox,  letting it fail and then hit ctrl+f5.

Cache has already been cleared.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2013, 05:33:22 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm not sure why the browser you are using should make any difference. Unless you are going through a proxy with one and not the other,  but I wouldn't expect any home user to be using a proxy.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2013, 05:43:29 pm by MrFrost »
I use Firefox at home and at work, doesn't load up on either. Cache has been cleared.
Minute I try and load up in IE it is fine.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2013, 05:53:33 pm by rover-n-out »
Hi Rob. Nice to be back. I've been trying since early Sun. morning to log on but just got re-directed to a site called 123-Reg.co.uk. It stated..."your website has expired, please login to renew".
Hadn't got a bloody clue what that was about, so did a bit of browsing to see if I could contact anybody about the problem.
I didn't know if the site was down or whether I had a problem at my end.

Posted on my wife's F/book account on the VSC site there and got an answer from someone telling me the VSC had a problem, but was slowly catching up depending on your ISP.
I cleared my IE cache 10 mins. ago and BOOM!, back up and running. Thank God for that.

PS. If you're out there Jucy....how you doing. I hope you are well, and looking forward to another Rollercoaster ride next season.
The path of true love never runs smooth when you're a Rovers supporter eh? Take care. Pip.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2013, 06:07:52 pm by jucyberry »
Hi Pip, It certainly doesn't.. Wouldn't have it any other way mind you...
Can you imagine how boring it must be to support Manure for instance.. Well, it's the first day of the season.. last day of the season.. yawn..Lol..

So glad we are champions, even though the fella had promised me a return trip to Wembley if needed.. I rather like that nice chap I was sitting next to last time.. :-)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2013, 06:22:04 pm by donnievic »
I couldn't get on say after game on iPhone then was ok on Sunday then couldn't get on again yesterday

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2013, 06:33:30 pm by Filo »
I'm not sure why the browser you are using should make any difference. Unless you are going through a proxy with one and not the other,  but I wouldn't expect any home user to be using a proxy.

Rob, there is definitely a browser issue somewhere, all day I`ve been trying to get on using safari via 3g on o2, no joy, try puffin browser and straight on, back to safari and the server can not be found, cleared cache, cookies and history but still no joy. Sky ISP at home is working ok with firefox

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2013, 06:37:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm fine on Firefox aswell, no problems for me (apart from our new block at work has blocked the whole site, cheers for that).

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2013, 06:42:46 pm by jonnydog »
I got on this aft, then couldn't get on, now just got back on. Agree though, timing couldn't be worse.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 30, 2013, 06:44:19 pm by craigdrfc »
safari not working for me but puffin and IE is

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 30, 2013, 09:09:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It would be useful if the VSC could set up a global mailing list for all account holders and send out some word to inform us when there is a problem.  I spent the whole of Saturday and Sunday scratching my head and wondering it I was alone in not being able to get on.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 30, 2013, 09:26:44 pm by RobTheRover »
I think that's a fair point,  iateallthepies. Obviously this was unexpected so we couldn't give any advance warning.

Maybe all the fans who are thinking of joining the VSC could do so soon so we can harvest all the active email addresses. It's only a pound a month,  and allows us to do so much with the club and our communities in the name of Rovers supporters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012