Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:29:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sour Grapes Much?  (Read 1581 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Sour Grapes Much?
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 03:46:29 pm by rtid88 »
Pathetic that this is on a national newspapers website IMO!! I have left a comment as well!! :)

pubteam

« Reply #2 on April 30, 2013, 03:46:45 pm by pubteam »
Whilst we don't necessarily play like Barcelona, I think his assessment of the way we play is totally unfair and unbalanced. Not least because he tries to portray Brentford as some kind of amazing footballing side - I didn't see much football from them in that game on Saturday. They seemed to be aiming diagonal balls to the head of Donaldson for most of the game.

Yes, we're robust and can handle a physical battle, but I think he goes too far with some of the words he uses. "Pre-historic" "hoofers" "little thought given to skill" "punted forward aimlessly" - come off it. He seems like a very bitter man to me.

Okay, we took a bit longer over goal kicks and throw-ins than we may have done in any other game, but I refuse to believe that Brentford wouldn't have done the same had the boot been on the other foot.

Best part is this bit:
"You get dealt blows, often unjustly, the 'good guy' doesn't always win but you then have a choice to make: You either spend your time moaning about how life isn't fair or you dust yourself off and go again."
It would seem that you chose the former, Richard. Enjoy the play-offs.

Rovers-on-Thames

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2013, 03:46:51 pm by Rovers-on-Thames »
The Mail is truly an awful establishment. Pure bottom feeders. In the last few years it has turned from a lower-middle class reactionary rag into a full on sensationalist troll-fest which pumps out endless streams of shit with the only intention of getting a reaction from the public. It should be burnt to the ground. Along with the Sun.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2013, 03:47:01 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
"Despite these tactics we still created opportunities and were no doubt deserving of a victory"

What planet is this guy on?  They hit the post early on and that was it!  I was surprised at how little they created.

Not bitter much is he

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2013, 03:49:01 pm by DonnyNoel »
Don't normally bite on stuff like that - but what a bitter prick. As we found to our cost at times in the championship, theres a difference between pressure and possession. Any tension felt by Rovers fans was mainly down to the pressure/prestige of the situation and certainly not the "quality" of the opponent.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2013, 03:59:00 pm by DubaiRover »
The Mail is truly an awful establishment. Pure bottom feeders. In the last few years it has turned from a lower-middle class reactionary rag into a full on sensationalist troll-fest which pumps out endless streams of shit with the only intention of getting a reaction from the public. It should be burnt to the ground. Along with the Sun.
Can not agree more with your words, I am horrified with some of the shite this paper puts out and even bothered to complain to the press commision about the racist shite it trawled out about the Boston bombings. Typical Tory shite including this article with its hatred of hard working Northeners, vile vile rag.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2013, 03:59:08 pm by jucyberry »
Obviously sour grapes make for a bitter whine...

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2013, 04:08:24 pm by dodge »
Pitch invasion? Missed that one every one ov the 100+ times ive watched it. The other thing is what on earth makes brentford the good guys and us the villans. d**khead!

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2013, 06:18:21 pm by German Rover »
Ha ha ha he's a loser

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2013, 06:26:10 pm by MachoMadness »
Translation: WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

Truly, an article befitting the Daily Mail. I pissed myself laughing the whole way through.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2013, 06:27:31 pm by Dimples-D »
Southern bias press? Now that's a first............... ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012