Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:36:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I wasnt there...  (Read 933 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
I wasnt there...
« on April 30, 2013, 06:51:20 pm by turnbull for england »
before Saturday turns into the sort of historical epic associated with sex pistols at Manchesterfree trade hall (attendance now approx 30,000) I'd like to place on record I wasnt there, I was at home shitting it when bbc what seemed an hour to confirm who had the penalty  - they went live to ground and there was no noise from the crowd at all so you just couldnt tell!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ian H

• Forum Member
Re: I wasnt there...
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 07:01:47 pm by Ian H »
Me neither ..... at home .... weird ....  living it - computer, radio &TV on - just stunned.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2013, 07:18:38 pm by FuzzyDuck »
I was at home too.  It was cool.

I was listening to Player and had lost commentary.  I also had Twitter going and saw Tweets about a Brentford penalty, which obviously got a "No!"

The missus and son were waving at me because final score had gone live to Griffin Park.  My memory is now different to Turnbull's as the crowd reaction, a groan more than a cheer told me he'd missed and I was going crazy.

I could then here Garth Crooks saying "it would be interesting to see if it crossed the line" (knob - it wasn't even close) and Robbie Savage said something about Coppinger scoring.  I didn't get what they were on about until the score came up on the bottom of the screen.  Then I was on my knees.  Happy, just so happy.

As another Swiss headline said, Hell to Heaven in 18 seconds.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2013, 07:31:35 pm by turnbull for england »
it was just the first few seconds fuzzy ,  they just said penalty had been given and noone knew why and it was soo quiet untill he said Sullivan is lining up then my arse fell out

I didnt stop running round from it hitting the bar onwards so noise was irrelevent then !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012