Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:40:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "I'm Donny Rovers"  (Read 1001 times)

MiKA

• Forum Member
"I'm Donny Rovers"
« on April 30, 2013, 10:09:12 pm by MiKA »
My job sometimes takes me into schools and on Monday was one of them days.

Whilst leaving a school in Moorends and with a permanent grin on my face due to Saturdays wonderland I heard a young lad in the playground shout "I'm Donny Rovers" to his mates as they started kicking a ball around

............... not Man United, Liverpool, Leeds, Wednesday, Real Madrid, Barcelona or any other team but his local team Donny Rovers.

This is what success brings, any youngster who was privileged enough to watch that game will be a Rover until the day he or she dies, bringing in plenty of pounds into the club as they get older.

It was so good to hear    :scarf:   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: "I'm Donny Rovers"
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 10:14:03 pm by Filo »
A DVD of the last 5 minutes with the rovers player commentary should be made, taken into schools by the Rovers in the Community team and capitalise on the euphoria of the weekend, get the kids interested and pestering their parents to come down to the KM, strike while the irons hot!

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2013, 10:16:26 pm by roversontheup »
Ha ha. Don't limit it to schools. Have it playing in every public space with Tv in the borough!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2013, 10:26:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Have you looked at the age profile of our supporters recently ? We now have the highest proportion of 5-25 year olds in comparison to our older fans than I can remember in my lifetime. we are finally winning the battle to win back our lost generation. Btw it's great to see so many of the fair sex  now attending games ; to keep them we must cut out this silliness and aggression some daft lads have to others both home and away.
Please keep it safe and enjoyable for all.  :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012