Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:24:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: THE important stats from the weekend  (Read 734 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
THE important stats from the weekend
« on April 30, 2013, 11:08:50 pm by wilts rover »
Thank you to those who asked (and apologies to the bloke I murmured incoherently too at Toddington Services) the details of the bike ride are:

184.6 miles in 13hrs, 4 mins and 56 seconds riding at an average speed of 14.7 mph.

We waved Donny Dog goodbye at 4.40pm on Friday, arriving at Brentford, around 10.10am Saturday morning, so a journey time of 17hrs 30 mins - which was around 2 hrs quicker than I expected.

No real problems or misadventures on the ride, ponte-ricky having to discard his overshoes after they stopped him fastening into his pedals, an unplanned circuit of Milton Keynes, being about the worst.

Unluckiest person on the ride - and at Brentford - however goes to ponte-ricky's dad, our driver, who managed to loose his ticket whilst doing the bucket collection at Brentford.

Luckiest person at Brentford was Hamburg Rover who came over on spec and managed to buy a ticket from someone in a pub who had a spare.

However quote of the day/weekend/century must go to our third rider, Moorends Will (not a footie fan, he only came along for thr ride and only went to see the match as his lad is a big Rovers fan and poster on here) who in the car on the way home said.....'that was quite an exciting last couple of minutes, wasn't it', yes Will it certainly was....

Finally, thank you to all who donated, I believe we raised not far short of £1k.
www.justgiving.com/doncaster-brentford/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
Re: THE important stats from the weekend
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2013, 11:10:53 pm by scaley back rover »
good going well done

TinyPortal © 2005-2012