Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:33:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Better but room for improvement  (Read 3749 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Better but room for improvement
« on February 27, 2016, 05:38:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
At times we moved the ball quite well, but at times it's also pedestrian.

Keegan had a poor game today and was rightly subbed but Middleton didn't inject any more pace. Their goal was poor, it should have been a centre half meeting that header all day long.

Two or three golden chances yet they could have nicked it as well.  Overall, happy with a point and a step in the right direction.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Better but room for improvement
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2016, 05:43:29 pm by Filo »
First half was piss poor, don't let a half decent 2nd half pull the wool over your eyes

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2016, 05:50:06 pm by Tom-RTID »
Didn't expect much today with their records so a good point picked up, massive game next week

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2016, 06:28:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We're still a very poor side, the positive today was we seemed fitter than Millwall

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2016, 06:32:33 pm by drfchound »
We deserved our point today but for all our second half improvement we still look a dodgy defensive unit.
McCullough had a decent game but we really do need a leader.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 28, 2016, 12:47:10 am by SydneyRover »
Looking at the recent form of both teams it was a great result. Our own form after the Gillingham match wasn't good but look at the teams we played and their positions. Look at the teams Millwall played recently, they have been winning almost all the games they should have. With the squad we have, injuries cut too deeply into the team. I think this was a gutsy result, well done Rovers.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 28, 2016, 01:59:12 am by Lesonthewest »
Looking at the recent form of both teams it was a great result. Our own form after the Gillingham match wasn't good but look at the teams we played and their positions. Look at the teams Millwall played recently, they have been winning almost all the games they should have. With the squad we have, injuries cut too deeply into the team. I think this was a gutsy result, well done Rovers.

I agree, after the gift of a goal I thought we stuck to our task well,  final third was laboured a problem again first half but really put them on the back foot in the second, well done Rovers, just need to keep up the performance & belief.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 28, 2016, 09:42:08 am by NickDRFC »
First half was piss poor, don't let a half decent 2nd half pull the wool over your eyes

What a load of rubbish! A decent second half is still half the game, and a massive improvement on the dirge we have been served up recently! And how is it not a step in the right direction?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 28, 2016, 11:07:47 am by mrfrostsdad »
The first 40 minutes was as bad as anything I've seen. Absolutely dire. We couldn't pass the ball 5 yards - unless it was backwards. And the first 10 minutes of the second half was the same. Millwall had 2 excellent chances and should have had it tied up.

BUT! I thought we played quite well the last half hour. Knocked it around well and with a bit of tempo. I wonder why? Well, it was no coincidence to me that Keegan went off injured (I think injured anyway) he was absolutely awful. And did anyone notice how Fergie didn't even acknowledge Williams when he came off? Absolutely shocking he was. I though Gooch looked lively when he came on and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts in Tuesday night

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 28, 2016, 11:19:09 am by Filo »

What a load of rubbish! A decent second half is still half the game, and a massive improvement on the dirge we have been served up recently! And how is it not a step in the right direction?

You don't win nothing playing half a game!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2016, 04:47:52 pm by drfchound »
That us probably why it was a draw coz Millwall only played well for half a game too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2016, 05:18:33 pm by dickos1 »
Liam Holden is neutral if not sometimes even biased the other way and he said we were good in the first half and even better in the 2nd
Light years away from recent performances

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2016, 05:58:30 pm by roversdude »
Big bird still seems to get lost so don't think we lost anything there

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2016, 06:07:13 pm by Upton Rover »
We deserved our point today but for all our second half improvement we still look a dodgy defensive unit.
McCullough had a decent game but we really do need a leader.
McCullough is a liability, makes comical mistakes every single game

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2016, 06:21:26 pm by roversdude »
Glad it's not just me that thinks that

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2016, 08:23:27 pm by idler »
About three times yesterday he badly misread the situation.
These instances should be played back to him, they were so obvious he should be able to learn from them.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2016, 09:22:00 pm by roversdude »
It's every game he lets the ball bounce

TinyPortal © 2005-2012