Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:40:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 11070 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Retained list
« Reply #30 on May 15, 2016, 01:33:47 am by BobG »
You're right Eastender. But equally, folk shouldn't be so anal.

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 15, 2016, 01:42:09 am by eastender »
You're right Eastender. But equally, folk shouldn't be so anal.

Cheers

BobG

What's Anal , Bob G  :unsure:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 15, 2016, 01:43:11 am by BobG »
Tight arsed.

BobG

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 15, 2016, 02:07:32 am by eastender »
Tight arsed.

BobG

" Tight arsed " is an anagram  " third stage "  which means Anaphrase  ,not anal .

sorry BG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 15, 2016, 07:56:01 am by dickos1 »
Doesn't a retained list just mean players out of contract being offered a contract or not??
Don't we only have 1 player out of contract?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 15, 2016, 08:12:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Where was the statement about the retained list?

Frosty's right, not a statement but Fergie did say on the 6th May.

Jonathan Buchan ‏@jonathanbuchan  May 6
Darren Ferguson tells me 8 or so players have been told they can find new clubs. Retained list announced middle of next week #DRFC.

He leaves himself wide open to people like Mr F.

He should say nothing rather than trying to appease the Media / public.

I thought people had learnt the lesson about taking third hand information as gospel?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 15, 2016, 09:13:03 am by Filo »

Darren Ferguson tells me 8 or so players have been told they can find new clubs. Retained list announced middle of next week #DRFC.

I took the OP as a suggestion that the club had released a statement regarding the retained list, especially given the last sentence in the OP, which to me just looked like another dig at the club, when it turns out we're actually going on the word of a couple of journalist's

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 15, 2016, 09:37:41 am by Glyn_Wigley »

To me, Fergie said nothing at all about the announcement of the retained list, just about the players who have been told to find new clubs. This buhan bloke does not say in any way that Fergie said anything about the retained list, it's a completely separate sentence and to me reads as if it's Buchan himself who's stating when the retained list will be announced.

If you read it a different way, blame Buchan for not making himself clear. Don't blame Fergie for 'leaving himself open' - he didn't write this, and certainly don't blame the club for something they haven't officially announced themselves.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 15, 2016, 10:37:26 am by glosterred »
Is there not a certain date that they have to release the retained/released list by, which is mandated by the FA?

COYR

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 15, 2016, 10:41:42 am by silent majority »
Is there not a certain date that they have to release the retained/released list by, which is mandated by the FA?

COYR

They have to inform the FL by a certain date, I believe that to be the 17th of this month.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 15, 2016, 10:49:01 am by Jonathan »

COYR

I wouldn't have thought it matters much under the current arrangements. Off the top of my head, the only reasoning I can see is to protect out of contract players by affording them sufficient opportunity to go and negotiate a deal elsewhere. But nowadays (as far as my understanding goes) players are permitted to open negotiations with other clubs at any point during the last six months of their contract, so they're hardly in a position of vulnerability.

As such, I don't really get the clamour for us (as a club) to release the list instantly. It's not really going to change anything. Certainly it won't impact on Mr Frost's concern regarding players sitting on the last year of their contract, as by definition they will be under contract, and so you can deduce that they are 'retained' until that contract is terminated and / or they are transferred. We have already been told that players in that position were informed before the season ended. What's the issue again?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 15, 2016, 11:20:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This thread. A microcosm of how, in an era of almost perfect communication, folk can still spin shite if they want.

The story starts with an article saying, "Ferguson said last week that he hoped the club would be in a position this week to announce the retained list."

Continues with someone paraphrasing that on Twitter as, "Retained list announced middle of next week."

Ends with Frosty doing his eternal toddler thing, taking one piece of information and throwing a strop because it'th jutht not FAIR!

Why? Why f**king well do it?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 15, 2016, 04:06:34 pm by RobTheRover »
All the players will have relegation clauses in their contracts. Anyone thinking they can just sit on a lucrative L1 contract might want to reconsider and look for something else. 

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 15, 2016, 04:22:16 pm by goalkick »
Hope you are correct rob.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 15, 2016, 08:14:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ferguson was asked in interview about retained personnel and his reply was that he expected the list would be finalised by Tuesday or Wednesday (last week).  I don't believe he said anything about making the list public, only that the list would be finalised.  There may well have been protracted discussions that have prevented the list being finalised in the timescale Fergie expected.
Doesn't warrant another f**king childish paddy really now does it!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 15, 2016, 09:33:08 pm by the vicar »

To me, Fergie said nothing at all about the announcement of the retained list, just about the players who have been told to find new clubs. This buhan bloke does not say in any way that Fergie said anything about the retained list, it's a completely separate sentence and to me reads as if it's Buchan himself who's stating when the retained list will be announced.

If you read it a different way, blame Buchan for not making himself clear. Don't blame Fergie for 'leaving himself open' - he didn't write this, and certainly don't blame the club for something they haven't officially announced themselves.
yes he did, he said it should  be  out by mid week but I think it will be Monday  or Tuesday  this week

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 15, 2016, 09:35:03 pm by Filo »
Should, and would have two different meanings

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 15, 2016, 11:11:28 pm by les@donr »
I'd imagine Curtis Main will be on his way out of the club.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 16, 2016, 04:46:28 pm by Wild Rover »
My guess at timing will be same day as season ticket news 20th. Bury one lot of news with another.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 16, 2016, 05:14:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Isn't it out YET?!?

Bloody rubbish Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012