Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:37:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Early Bird  (Read 24568 times)

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Early Bird
« Reply #90 on April 04, 2016, 01:00:17 pm by Yorkiered »
The early bird offer ended today so they have now announced an extension to 9 May.
Exactly what they should have done. Well done to all concerned.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 04, 2016, 04:08:20 pm by deebee »
My family and I renewed 4 weeks ago but we haven't had any letters or emails about vouchers or anything else. Is the offer only open to a select few.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 04, 2016, 08:01:06 pm by drfchound »
Before people get carried away, isn't the legends lounge the one under the west stand accessible from outside to the left of the players entrance.
Basically as far as I know it's just a members lounge where you can have a drink in better less crowded surroundings and with a team sheet included.
I'm not knocking it in any way and will gladly use my voucher - if it's worthwhile I might even join up.

That is Alick's Bar.
The Legends Lounge is the new name for the Premier Lounge

If that is the case then how can someone like myself gain entry when i am situated in the South Stand?
Does anyone know whether we will be allowed to go through?

In all honesty, because i usually drive to games i don't have a pint so all the club are doing is inviting me to spend money i wouldn't usually spend on a match day.
If this voucher is deemed to be a sweetner because we are likely to be in L2 next season, i would rather have a partial refund of my season ticket value.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 04, 2016, 08:34:19 pm by RTID75 »
I too drive to games, so don't drink. I also won't turn up in anything other than Rovers shirt, coat/fleece and jeans. The offer is therefore of no interest to me at all. Rovers have never thought too hard before making offers to fans.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 04, 2016, 08:41:22 pm by drfchound »
I think i may have seen you in the ground.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 04, 2016, 10:45:21 pm by StocktonRover »
Before people get carried away, isn't the legends lounge the one under the west stand accessible from outside to the left of the players entrance.
Basically as far as I know it's just a members lounge where you can have a drink in better less crowded surroundings and with a team sheet included.
I'm not knocking it in any way and will gladly use my voucher - if it's worthwhile I might even join up.

That is Alick's Bar.

If that is the case then how can someone like myself gain entry when i am situated in the South Stand?

In all honesty, because i usually drive to games i don't have a pint so all the club are doing is inviting me to spend money i wouldn't usually spend on a match day.
If this voucher is deemed to be a sweetner because we are likely to be in L2 next season, i would rather have a partial refund of my season ticket value.
f**king hell, the club cant do right for doing wrong with some people.

I also drive to and from games and am used to not having a drink at home games.
I have been in corporate hospitality at Rovers before and it was a great experience - even without the need to have a drink.
If its the whole lounge package, I suspect that you will exchange your normal seat ticket and go there prior to the game and spend the whole match there. I don't know exactly what it includes but it may include a meal (pie and peas?),ground tour, intro from a former player, meet the MOM and possibly other players after the game, etc.
Whatever it includes, I will take up the club on their great offer and enjoy the day without the need for an alcoholic drink.

Just think on - they didn't have to do anything - but they made a gesture which I for one appreciate.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 04, 2016, 11:23:35 pm by RTID75 »
I appreciate it, I just think that Rovers assume that everyone will love the offer, when I'm sure a fair few won't be fussed. I have to be honest, as mentioned above, it does feel a little like (possible / probable depending upon your view) relegation compensation too!

I'd be a lot more interested if it weren't for the dress rule. I'm never going to dress posh to watch a game of football!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:26:30 pm by RTID75 »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 04, 2016, 11:57:43 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Well done to all you who have renewed, it's a commitment of faith and supporting your side when they most need you, especially when you don't know which league we will be in. Hopefully we can add thousands who pay on the day to that to give the team plenty of support.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 05, 2016, 08:19:20 am by drfchound »

That is Alick's Bar.

f**king hell, the club cant do right for doing wrong with some people.

I also drive to and from games and am used to not having a drink at home games.
I have been in corporate hospitality at Rovers before and it was a great experience - even without the need to have a drink.
If its the whole lounge package, I suspect that you will exchange your normal seat ticket and go there prior to the game and spend the whole match there. I don't know exactly what it includes but it may include a meal (pie and peas?),ground tour, intro from a former player, meet the MOM and possibly other players after the game, etc.
Whatever it includes, I will take up the club on their great offer and enjoy the day without the need for an alcoholic drink.

Just think on - they didn't have to do anything - but they made a gesture which I for one appreciate.

You jumped on me a bit quick there Stockton didnt you.
I asked how i would get to it from the South Stand?

Like others on here, i dont particularly want to get dressed up to watch a game and prefer to sit in the south stand to watch one.
I have also done the corporate hospitality thing and as it happens, i dont particularly like it as much as being with my pals behind the goal.

So, we are different in that aspect.
I still think i am right in suggesting that i would rather have had a discount on my season ticket cost.
Perhaps the club could have given me an option?

Nothing wrong with that is there?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on April 05, 2016, 08:39:46 am by Mike_F »
Like others on here, i dont particularly want to get dressed up to watch a game and prefer to sit in the south stand to watch one.
I have also done the corporate hospitality thing and as it happens, i dont particularly like it as much as being with my pals behind the goal.

I still think i am right in suggesting that i would rather have had a discount on my season ticket cost.
Perhaps the club could have given me an option?

Nothing wrong with that is there?

Ditto to that. I opened the letter and was quite pleased to see that the club had thought about fans who have renewed early and recognised the potential for disappointment. I would rather have had a tenner voucher for the club shop or something though. I stand in the Black Bank for a reason. Sterile hospitality areas do nowt for me. You can't bellow "zigger zagger" and expect the East Stand to join in!

Regardless, at least it's an effort even if it's not been thought through. I would've bought my ST anyway so nothing lost.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 05, 2016, 08:45:25 am by The Red Baron »
Couldn't you use it for a couple of friends or family members? Perhaps as a treat? Particularly if they wouldn't normally come to a game.

It might get them into going to Rovers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on April 05, 2016, 08:46:11 am by idler »
My granddaughter took her shirt with her and put it on when she got to her seat. Taking it off at halftime before going in and then putting it back on for the second half.
Nobody said anything to her.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 05, 2016, 09:07:34 am by andy didcott »
So what is the dress code for the legends lounge then, I take it no football shirts allowed, how about jeans and trainers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 05, 2016, 10:01:40 am by idler »
I think it was smart casual. Granddaughter had smart jeans on but I can't remember what footwear she had.
It might be more relaxed for a lower division. 😉

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 05, 2016, 12:22:07 pm by drfchound »
So what is the dress code for the legends lounge then, I take it no football shirts allowed, how about jeans and trainers.

I am of the opinion that it is smart casual, no trainers and no football shirts.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on April 05, 2016, 12:34:37 pm by The Red Baron »
I've been a couple of times, once in the lounge and once in a box. It isn't suit and tie. First time I wore a buttoned shirt with casual trousers and leather shoes. Second time a polo shirt.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 05, 2016, 04:05:36 pm by swintonrover »
Let's be right, the club could get a celebrity of your choice to fellate you for the whole match and some people would still complain about the whole thing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 05, 2016, 05:53:55 pm by RedJ »
Well how could you concentrate on the match if that was happening? ;)

Mind, lately I suppose that would be preferable...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on April 05, 2016, 05:56:22 pm by idler »
Think some of out players had it pre- match with a few of our performances.😵

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 05, 2016, 05:56:43 pm by Filo »
Let's be right, the club could get a celebrity of your choice to fellate you for the whole match and some people would still complain about the whole thing.

Of my choice did you say? 😝

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 05, 2016, 06:05:55 pm by roversdude »
Does that link nicely back to LT

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 07, 2016, 09:13:55 am by ravenrover »
Well I have to take it all back, the crazy letter arrived yesterday!
Good decision to extend the offer in my opinion.

Tyrion

« Reply #112 on December 30, 2016, 09:56:24 pm by Tyrion »
Just booked this complimentary offer to the Legends lounge for the Stevenage game. Can anyone who has taken up the free entry tell me what time it opens? And what food is available (free as part of deal or paid for)? And do they let kids in?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 31, 2016, 09:44:49 am by Donnywolf »
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=258169.msg645811#msg645811

This thread does not answer all the questions you have but if you sift through it you will find some of them

2, 14, 26 and 28 are probably the most relevant replies for you but please post any more info you find as a result of your own visit as lots of us (I suspect) are still to do this.

Interested in any extra info for sure  :scarf:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:50:42 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012