Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:14:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ironside  (Read 1341 times)

Spud

• VSC Member
Ironside
« on April 20, 2024, 06:52:44 pm by Spud »
Worth a thread I feel.
He misses that pen & we'd have all accepted it wasn't to be, balls of steel though....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Ironside
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2024, 07:03:58 pm by ncRover »
That and the Sutton penno confirm he has a set of b*llocks on him.

Has he got a “sponsors man of the match” yet?

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2024, 07:07:41 pm by Paul Simpson »
22 goals so far this season!! Well done big Joe!!

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2024, 07:14:18 pm by jmt23 »
They gave the man of the match to the worst player on the pitch today, he has been an unbelievable player in the last few weeks, but not today. He slowed our play to an almost standstill.

Tom Anderson was my MOTM today, he totally transformed the play, some of his passing in the final third was immense, and his defensive display too - not sure where it came from Tom, but please keep that up.

Back to Joe, he’s as cool as ice at penalties, I couldn’t look really. Won loads today and was massive in keeping the pressure on them.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2024, 07:14:33 pm by PDX_Rover »
Love him. Proper centre forward.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2024, 08:15:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Won everything in that second half after receiving next to no service in the first. Outstanding against a big, physical side.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2024, 08:16:54 pm by drfchound »
They gave the man of the match to the worst player on the pitch today, he has been an unbelievable player in the last few weeks, but not today. He slowed our play to an almost standstill.

Tom Anderson was my MOTM today, he totally transformed the play, some of his passing in the final third was immense, and his defensive display too - not sure where it came from Tom, but please keep that up.

Back to Joe, he’s as cool as ice at penalties, I couldn’t look really. Won loads today and was massive in keeping the pressure on them.

Who did get the MoM award today.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2024, 08:17:39 pm by NickDRFC »

Who did get the MoM award today.

I heard Sterry announced on ifollow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2024, 08:19:29 pm by drfchound »
Cheers Nick, I couldn’t hear any announcements.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2024, 08:29:37 pm by jmt23 »
It was Sterry, both him and Maxwell slowed the play down far too much and it really hurt us, glad to see Grant change it all. ( he was furious with Sterry in the first half a few times) They are both great players, but I think they tried to play it too safe, and didn’t want to be the one who made a mistake. There were passes on, but they didn’t play them once in the first half.
For me as I have said Tom was MOTM, I will place a player I have been quite dismissive of this year as second in Biggins. Then Adelukan and Joe.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2024, 08:36:29 pm by danumdon »
The penalty from Joe combined with the big switch to a back three won us the match, Joe has ploughed a furrow all season up top and will be quietly delighted with his goal haul.

The crowd today were simply brilliant to get behind the team after the poor first half.

That's what a passionate crowd can do for a team.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2024, 08:50:41 pm by ravenrover »
WARRIOR, that is all

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2024, 09:04:09 pm by CJK »
Yeah he's had a fantastic season ploughing that furrow without any backup for most of the season. That does worry me, if we make the play-offs and he gets a niggle at some point, we've nothing to replace him, nothing at all.

But what a contribution he's made to this season, a real old fashioned centre forward with a great attitude. Wherever we are next season, Joe will be important again.

And that penalty today, massive, massive balls.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2024, 09:07:13 pm by roversdude »
Absolute mester is this his best ever scoring season?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2024, 09:12:51 pm by ncRover »

Yes. If my scores app is right he has now surpassed the 20 goals in all comps he got for Kidderminster in 2017/18 while they were in the National League North.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2024, 09:29:11 pm by ravenrover »
It was a rememborable game says Joe!
Love him

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2024, 09:33:07 pm by jmt23 »
I’m rememborabling about it now, I’ve had a few though

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2024, 09:44:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes it is
18 league goals 22 in total.
The most league goals he has scored in a season was 15

I think he is a better player than Marquis and he didn’t do too badly over 3 seasons.
But this guy takes a battering every game. Does he moan, no he just gives as good as he gets.
Fantastic to have someone like him leading the line. For me we just would not be the team we we are without him.
Max Biamou being injured now means Joe Ironside being able to play a full game is massive.
What a guy. He must work very hard on his fitness. Top man and probably player of the season now just ahead of Owen Bailey who was magnificent when we were not winning week in week out.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 09:51:30 pm by Campsall rover »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 21, 2024, 12:16:37 am by Pancho Regan »
Yes it is
18 league goals 22 in total.
The most league goals he has scored in a season was 15

I think he is a better player than Marquis and he didn’t do too badly over 3 seasons.
But this guy takes a battering every game. Does he moan, no he just gives as good as he gets.
Fantastic to have someone like him leading the line. For me we just would not be the team we we are without him.
Max Biamou being injured now means Joe Ironside being able to play a full game is massive.
What a guy. He must work very hard on his fitness. Top man and probably player of the season now just ahead of Owen Bailey who was magnificent when we were not winning week in week out.

Wow, 18 league goals? That is impressive.
How many from open play? Just asking for a friend ……

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2024, 12:21:16 am by mushRTID »
Adore the man, I really do. Some bloke

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 21, 2024, 12:25:54 am by Colin C No.3 »
Adore the man, I really do. Some bloke

Get thee behind me in that queue mush!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012