Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 05:15:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General sale  (Read 4419 times)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: General sale
« Reply #30 on May 04, 2024, 09:20:22 am by keyser_soze »
See the other thread - PURCHASE HISTORY -
but basically I went fo the ground today to register family that I usually buy tickets for. I was flatly told no purchase history no ticket for Crewe at home. They didnt say I could buy any extra, cos obviously I have purchase history. They would unfortunately have to miss out. My grandson is greatly disappointed. But not only that, if no new supporters can buy, it seems like a bit of an own goal. I don’t think it will be a sell out now, but who knows. I could be wrong

This is so wrong on every level imaginable! Why on gods earth are these decisions being made? These decisions hinder the growth of our fan base and the club as a whole when we prevent new fans from attending.

Just read those words from the testimony above! "My Grandson is greatly disappointed" utterly indefensible. Heads should Role!!

Read it here first, 4th tier football club doesn't want to grow it fanbase!

My lad doesn't have a purchase history, but i've signed him up for a free Young Reds membership. Bingo bongo, he now has a purchase history and a ticket can be bought and assigned to him TODAY.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 04, 2024, 11:53:23 am by moses »
We’ve had important games before which haven’t been a total sell-out with every seat occupied. So, based on that evidence, I’m saying we won’t sell every available ticket for this game. It’ll be a big crowd obviously, but most likely not a sell-out.

I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.

100% agree. All this malarkey about seats will be chip paper come Tuesday. Once the season ticket seats are released there will available tickets in every block.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 04, 2024, 05:10:48 pm by Red wizard »
I would understand if we was playing a bigger team or local. It's Crewe and no disrespect there hardly going to need to buy tickets in our end. I'd bet anyone sitting in the home end will be supporting rovers. Crazy the club won't sell tickets to people with purchase history for there family and friends who don't have history.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 04, 2024, 05:34:15 pm by Chris the Rover »
Perhaps it’s something to do with all the numpties who spilled onto the pitch at the Barrow game. I suspect the club will be under severe scrutiny at the Crewe home leg and that any recurrence re pitch invasions will result in severe sanctions being imposed.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 04, 2024, 05:35:34 pm by colincramb »
I would understand if we was playing a bigger team or local. It's Crewe and no disrespect there hardly going to need to buy tickets in our end. I'd bet anyone sitting in the home end will be supporting rovers. Crazy the club won't sell tickets to people with purchase history for there family and friends who don't have history.

But they will when it goes on general sale. It will probably be a minimum of 4 that you can buy.I hardly doubt they are going to only allow 1 per person! You can’t tell me they are going to ask for the names of the 3 others you are bringing. It will all be fine on Monday, hence all the comments about people getting their knickers in a twist for nothing!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 04, 2024, 06:02:29 pm by scawsby steve »

But they will when it goes on general sale. It will probably be a minimum of 4 that you can buy.I hardly doubt they are going to only allow 1 per person! You can’t tell me they are going to ask for the names of the 3 others you are bringing. It will all be fine on Monday, hence all the comments about people getting their knickers in a twist for nothing!

Sorry to be pedantic, CC, but it's "maximum".

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 04, 2024, 07:47:05 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
A couple of question for anyone in the know, as to be perfectly honest I can't be arsed searching through to find the info    :s

- What time on Monday is online general sale? I could buy now, but want to sit with mates so need availability in South or 3 together elsewhere.

- What's the crack with the remainder of North Stand?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 04, 2024, 07:58:37 pm by Janso »
A couple of question for anyone in the know, as to be perfectly honest I can't be arsed searching through to find the info    :s

- What time on Monday is online general sale? I could buy now, but want to sit with mates so need availability in South or 3 together elsewhere.

- What's the crack with the remainder of North Stand?

Not in the know just overheard Tracey this morning, 9am online on Monday or 10 for in person or telesales I'm 90% sure.

North Stand will be opened apparently if everywhere else is looking on the full side, they can only release tickets on a block by block basis as it's steward dependent and to paraphrase, "I can't have two people sat way over there on their own".

Now to not post for another several months.  :laugh:

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 04, 2024, 08:25:57 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Cheers. That makes sense

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 04, 2024, 08:47:02 pm by Campsall rover »
knowing the club are making some pathetic decisions at the moment it will be far less!!!

We know one thing for sure, if you are wanting to become a new paying customer/fan you ain't coming to the Crewe home Game. Gavin and Shaun and his new oppo don't want you there!!!!!!
You really are spouting off some rubbish.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 05, 2024, 08:52:49 am by roversdude »
knowing the club are making some pathetic decisions at the moment it will be far less!!!

We know one thing for sure, if you are wanting to become a new paying customer/fan you ain't coming to the Crewe home Game. Gavin and Shaun and his new oppo don't want you there!!!!!!

Second that

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 05, 2024, 10:08:37 am by Thorney »

Second that

Third that.
Coming across as someone who is looking to bash the club at every opportunity.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 05, 2024, 10:20:39 am by johnny rovers »
That is truly not the case. I have backed the club to the hilt during these difficult few years of transition, especially against a certain group on social media. Am I glad David Blunt is no longer in charge, yes. I called him out for long before most did for not showing an interest and making poor decisions time and time again. The club is well run and I have the upmost respect for those that do work hard. hopefully we've got a memorable few weeks to behold on all fronts, just like we've had for the last three months and I'll be there supporting them as I  have always done.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 10:24:10 am by johnny rovers »

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 05, 2024, 10:26:38 am by Prez »

So you’re saying the chief executive of Doncaster Rovers football club, doesn’t want fans there for the Crewe game???

This is perhaps the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever read on this forum.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 05, 2024, 10:32:58 am by johnny rovers »
I'm saying at present, from testimonies on here that people can't get tickets for new fans due to not being registered, obviously I hope that changes. That also goes for some life long fans who are now longer on the system. It will be what it will be, I've purchased an extra ticket for some who is registered on my season tickets and influenced six others to attend who I will be assisting purchasing tickets tomorrow, I'll have done my bit. Hopefully everyone who wants a ticket will get one!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 05, 2024, 11:25:59 am by Prez »
Regardless of the ticket situation, and I admit it’s not been a good look for the club, that said the game won’t sell out. Everyone who wants to attend will be able too.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 05, 2024, 11:33:45 am by johnny rovers »
From the uptake of people I know who are going on Friday and didn't/couldn't attend the barrow game, I believe it's a good barometer to realistically expect that a sell out is possible. It will only take another 3000 to achieve this. I do believe it is possible. Hopefully a decent result tomorrow will influence this. I've said enough on the matter now, let's hope a great atmosphere will be had for the home and away legs. I'm sure that will be the case.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 05, 2024, 11:37:54 am by Copps is Magic »
Perhaps it’s something to do with all the numpties who spilled onto the pitch at the Barrow game. I suspect the club will be under severe scrutiny at the Crewe home leg and that any recurrence re pitch invasions will result in severe sanctions being imposed.

Pitch invasions all over the place yesterday. Hard to imagine we're distinct from dozens of other clubs.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 05, 2024, 11:42:04 am by philsky »
It would look pretty damn good if we could get a serious chunk of the north stand full

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 05, 2024, 02:38:09 pm by scawsby steve »
OK, guys, CC was right, there's no need to panic, and I was as guilty as anyone. I spoke to Donna in the TO a while ago, and she said that there'll be lots of seats available tomorrow. She added that around 6000 tickets have been sold so far.

However, she also confirmed that it'll be just one ticket per person registered in the system.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 05, 2024, 03:01:12 pm by IDM »
You’re never going to please everyone and I don’t believe for one moment the club doesn’t want new supporters, more that there’s a priority to existing (ie registered) ones.  I’ve not had a ST since the covid season, so I’d have to wait until tomorrow and hope I can get me a ticket.  If folks want to buy more for unregistered friends or family, yes that’s great but might not be immediately possible.

It’s been the case for a long time too - I wasn’t a ST holder in 2005/6, meaning to get a ticket for the Arsenal game I also had to buy one for the Swansea (?) fixture which I couldn’t actually attend.  Nonetheless it’s what I had to do, and I was able to pass on the ticket for Swansea to someone else.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 05, 2024, 03:23:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
OK, guys, CC was right, there's no need to panic, and I was as guilty as anyone. I spoke to Donna in the TO a while ago, and she said that there'll be lots of seats available tomorrow. She added that around 6000 tickets have been sold so far.

However, she also confirmed that it'll be just one ticket per person registered in the system.

Feels like a mistake to do that, I just can't understand it. Let's hope the team get the crowd they deserve.  Lots to sell by the sounds of it.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 05, 2024, 03:29:57 pm by karldew »

Feels like a mistake to do that, I just can't understand it. Let's hope the team get the crowd they deserve.  Lots to sell by the sounds of it.

If Crewe had sold out I could see why they would do it, but while Crewe fans can still buy tickets for the away end I don’t get why you’d have to be previously registered. As well as friends & family of supporters, there are fans from other South Yorkshire clubs who have taken an interest in our run of form and with the game being on Friday night, if they fancied it they’d maybe buy a ticket. Just doesn’t make sense at this time to me.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 06, 2024, 12:41:21 am by RedRover »
Should I be able to buy tickets now online as it's not letting me?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 06, 2024, 07:09:59 am by dknward2 »
Would think 9 o’clock

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 06, 2024, 07:16:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Looks like they've done the close of play reconciliation to free up untaken season member seats, so what we see now is what there is. About 1200 seats in regular areas before opening up the north. I'm guessing around 2800 if we leave a buffer block either side the away fans. But could probs squeeze up to another 3600 from now.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 06, 2024, 07:23:35 am by Silkscarf »
Looks like it’s open now.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 06, 2024, 07:49:44 am by wilts rover »
Looks like it’s open now.

Not for me it isn't. It allows you to choose a seat but not purchase.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 06, 2024, 08:13:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
Same. Maybe 9am?

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 06, 2024, 08:29:29 am by RedRover »
Someone posted above that they overheard a Tracey say 9.00am Monday for online. The club's website says different hence why I stayed up until after midnight to try to ensure I could get tickets.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012