Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:24:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: card charges  (Read 2667 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
card charges
« on October 26, 2012, 04:28:22 pm by watto-drfc »
Bought my ticket for bradford game, paid on switch card and was charged 50p. Ridiculous charges. Glad i don't buy tickets every week

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: card charges
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2012, 05:14:08 pm by IDM »
Try booking a Ryan Air flight and see how much they charge per transaction - makes 50p for a football ticket look like sweetie money!!

ryanb86

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2012, 05:18:39 pm by ryanb86 »
Or could have just paid on the gate

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2012, 05:36:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Could be worse I bought gig tickets yesterday with 9 poundsof admin charges.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2012, 05:54:05 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It's worse than that watto, the charge is per ticket not per transaction, which means it really is just ripping us off.  Unless someone can explain why it is a legitimate charge.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2012, 06:19:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think it's something that we need to look at with the club and has already been mentioned before. It's one of those issues that gets right up peoples noses.

The fans survey suggested that only 5% of fans buy their ticket online and I'm guessing this is a factor in that.

I think we need to work with the club to see what charges can be 'absorbed' in order not to discriminate against the desire to pay by card.

Credit card charges may be a different issue but I don't know enough about the subject except to say, it may be reasonable to pay 1 charge per transaction, not per ticket.

I hope you agree with me when I think the objective is to get to a place where the price of a match ticket is the same, irrespective of how or when we buy it, so that folk don't feel they are being punished by paying more than face value.   

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2012, 06:23:27 pm by Spankster »
The problem buying online is the admin/carriage charges, this is £2 or £3  :blink:

best way is to go to the hole in the wall & pay cash, simples if 50p bothers you that much, that's what I do  ;)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2012, 09:35:29 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Look, whatever the admin charge is, I don't have a problem paying it but I can go to any retail outlet around and the cost of purchase is the same regardless of the way I pay.
I know from way back there was a charge levied on businesses for credit card transactions, but I only use a debit card and still get done for the 50p per ticket.

If there is a legitimate reason for passing on a charge, then I'll take that but the club need to be open about the detail to keep us onside.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2012, 09:45:05 pm by roversontheup »
I think it's something that we need to look at with the club and has already been mentioned before. It's one of those issues that gets right up peoples noses.

The fans survey suggested that only 5% of fans buy their ticket online and I'm guessing this is a factor in that.

I think we need to work with the club to see what charges can be 'absorbed' in order not to discriminate against the desire to pay by card.

Credit card charges may be a different issue but I don't know enough about the subject except to say, it may be reasonable to pay 1 charge per transaction, not per ticket.

I hope you agree with me when I think the objective is to get to a place where the price of a match ticket is the same, irrespective of how or when we buy it, so that folk don't feel they are being punished by paying more than face value.   

At the VSC mtg a couple of months ago this was raised. John Ryan wasn't aware it was per ticket and thought it should only be per transaction.  I seem to think it was minuted for the club to look into and change.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2012, 10:44:43 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Look, whatever the admin charge is, I don't have a problem paying it but I can go to any retail outlet around and the cost of purchase is the same regardless of the way I pay.
I know from way back there was a charge levied on businesses for credit card transactions, but I only use a debit card and still get done for the 50p per ticket.

If there is a legitimate reason for passing on a charge, then I'll take that but the club need to be open about the detail to keep us onside.

The flip side is that I queued for at least 15 minutes at lunch time today behind two people paying with cards; that took ages to process.
So for wasting my time, I've no problem with them paying 50p per ticket/transaction or what ever!

We are better value than ticketmaster, seetickets etc for charges.
Even if you go to the pictures and pay by credit card (rather than cash), you end up paying more.

I'm sorry that people don't like these charges at the Keepmoat, but get it in perspective, it's far worse elsewhere......

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2012, 10:51:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
There can be no justification for it being per ticket, its just a scabby way of the ticketing company making a bit extra - and now it seems the club have followed suit. VERY bad marketing all round :thumbdown:

I buy by phone, used to be 50p per transaction till recently. I save money by getting the tickets taken to the away ground and picking them up there - rarely been much of a queue. I figure Rovers may make a bit extra by me getting it from the club rather than paying on the gate at the away ground.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2012, 10:54:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If the fee is per ticket, then maybe a bit of direct action is called for - buy the feckers one at a time. "Wakey wakey!"  :evil:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 26, 2012, 11:51:02 pm by hoolahoop »
There can be no justification for it being per ticket, its just a scabby way of the ticketing company making a bit extra - and now it seems the club have followed suit. VERY bad marketing all round :thumbdown:

I buy by phone, used to be 50p per transaction till recently. I save money by getting the tickets taken to the away ground and picking them up there - rarely been much of a queue. I figure Rovers may make a bit extra by me getting it from the club rather than paying on the gate at the away ground.

Well said that man, there is absolutely no justification for charging for the use of a 'debit' card. The transaction cariies little/no cost to the club/TO and is a far less labour intensive way of taking money .......far far more preferable to counting out cash.
As for 'credit' card transactions where costs are incurred by the club then I feel the club has every right to add on a 1 1/2-2 1/2 % levy (dependant on the negotiated agreements in place) as this has to be paid to the credit companies.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 27, 2012, 10:10:51 am by Filo »

At the VSC mtg a couple of months ago this was raised. John Ryan wasn't aware it was per ticket and thought it should only be per transaction.  I seem to think it was minuted for the club to look into and change.

It was me that raised it, if I remember right they were a bit surprised that the charge was per ticket and not per transaction, I`m sure Gavin Baldwin said they`d look into it

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2012, 02:18:49 pm by WBDRFC »
 Card charges, whether by DRFC or any other business, are a con. The banks charges for cards are a cost of doing business for companies. We don't get charged for using the business' electricity, water or insurance, so why should we be charged for the pleasure of handing our money over to them. Handling cash is more expensive for businesses than paying by card - bank charges, security costs, cash shortages due to staff errors. In my previous retail business I was happier for customers to pay by card (even credit card) as it was cheaper for me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012