Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:23:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Notts County  (Read 1626 times)

richtherover

• Forum Member
Notts County
« on April 24, 2015, 10:29:43 am by richtherover »
On Easter Monday 1998 we played our last but one home game against Notts Co. 
They had been crowned champions about a month earlier and we had been nailed on for relegation since mid August. Yep, it was THAT season. What sticks in my memory most about that day is the complete arrogance of their fans, their relentless p**s taking chants and total lack of sympathy for our disastrous situation. How sad it would be if we could take 3 points on Saturday and push them just that little bit closer to the drop. Not out of the Football League altogether, where we were headed, but at least in the right direction. Who was it who said "Be nice to people on the way up, cause you might just meet them on the way down"?
Come on the lads. RTID.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Notts County
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2015, 10:59:06 am by bobjimwilly »
I think if we win, Crewe win against Coventry and Crawley get at least a point against Posh, Notts County are down  :evil:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2015, 12:09:25 pm by ravenrover »
Good grief my electrician is coming to start some work on Monday, he's a Notts fan and he knows who I support! If we put them down!!!! ............... better check our house insurance policy  :unsure:

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2015, 12:12:52 pm by afro goal machine »
I love a 17 year grudge

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2015, 12:19:27 pm by Albert Trousers »
I want them to go down based on their horrendous time wasting at the KM, I hoped we score early & then strangle the life out of the game just like they did (Apart from the score early bit)

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2015, 01:16:44 pm by richtherover »
Afro - I don't normally bear grudges. After 50 years of suffering the list would be endless. There are just certain teams, (or specifically their supporters), who have  gone well over the top with the banter and abuse that I take great pleasure in watching struggle when it's their turn. Notts Co. are definitely one of them.
RTID

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2015, 02:07:56 pm by The Red Baron »
We have a pretty good recent record at Meadow Lane. It is at home where we struggle against them.

I always enjoy a trip to Nottingham, and I'm sorry I won't be there tomorrow.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2015, 08:00:28 am by RoversDave »
Not been since 2009 League Cup match, Copps had got his monies worth at the barbers, and I think he scored the winner.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2015, 09:46:50 am by IDM »
Not bothered about Notts, I want us to get the 3 points for us, not to deny the opposition theirs.

I was there when Copps scored in the LC win, and the same fixture the season before when we lost 1-0.  Both were crap games too.

Two seasons ago the league fixture there was like a pre-season friendly first half, then we stepped up a gear and won comfortably 2-0 and even Keegan scored.  At the time Notts had been a high flyer early in the season.  I remember they had loads of corners, 16 I think, and 15 of them were cleared by rob Jones standing on the 6 yard line.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2015, 10:35:42 am by acko »
great photos dave,spotted a very good friend of mine now departed,travelled all over country with him mainly on the train,was given a great send off by rovers supporter at his funeral,happy memorys thankyou

TinyPortal © 2005-2012