Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:24:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crowd Pullers  (Read 1901 times)

richtherover

• Forum Member
Crowd Pullers
« on March 07, 2019, 01:35:12 am by richtherover »
According to the Yorkshire Post our biggest ever home gate is 37,149 against....................Doncaster Rovers! Maybe a run out against the reserves? Should be Hull City methinks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Crowd Pullers
« Reply #1 on March 07, 2019, 02:00:35 pm by Donnywolf »
Allows me to get one of my older stories out.

In Madrid years back I was coming the street for 3 days looking to see if anyone had Rovers v Hull live on Telly (night game cant rememeber the Year).

With an hour os so to Kick Off I had all but given up - but there outside a Bar was a chalk board and on it was what I thought would be my prayers answered

TONIGHT

Doncaster Rivers

v

Hull Cily

Did the job but was a poor game I seem to remember 0-0 1-1 ?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 07, 2019, 02:03:11 pm by roversontheup »
According to the Yorkshire Post our biggest ever home gate is 37,149 against....................Doncaster Rovers! Maybe a run out against the reserves? Should be Hull City methinks.

Not Man City?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 07, 2019, 02:54:33 pm by Donnywolf »
No it was against Hull City

Record attendance: 37,149 vs. Hull City, Division 3 (N), 2nd October 1948 (Belle Vue)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 07, 2019, 06:21:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

In Madrid years back I was coming the street for 3 days looking to see if anyone had Rovers v Hull live on Telly (night game cant rememeber the Year).

With an hour os so to Kick Off I had all but given up - but there outside a Bar was a chalk board and on it was what I thought would be my prayers answered

TONIGHT

Doncaster Rivers

v

Hull Cily

Guessing it was the League Cup 4th round game in '75 was an eve, 2-1 to us, not boring as I recall, though the off pitch action was more than distracting. Biggest home crowd since the Liverpool game.

No other eve games between 1959 and 2003, except a couple of Autoglass Trophy ones. Otherwise you should get the game from this lot.
https://www.11v11.com/teams/doncaster-rovers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Hull%20City/

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2019, 07:12:00 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

TONIGHT

Doncaster Rivers

v

Hull Cily

Our first year back in the league? September 2003? Finished 0-0 and was an absolute stinker.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2019, 09:04:30 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes a bizarre Monday 8th Sept 2003 according to head to head.

It was very hot in Madrid and I remember it was dark in the Bar (and outside) of course

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2019, 09:51:32 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Yes a bizarre Monday 8th Sept 2003 according to head to head.

It was very hot in Madrid and I remember it was dark in the Bar (and outside) of course

Interestingly I too was in Spain Los Alcazares, just down from Murcia at my ex Father-in-Law's appartment. Luckily as he lived in a strong ex-pat community I just had to walk up to the top of the road to the "International Bar" a Brit landlord and watch it there. Yes it was a dire game as I remember...tempered by a few Estrella Levante's...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012