Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:44:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oh Boy, were those who voted 'Leave' conned  (Read 13986 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Re: Oh Boy, were those who voted 'Leave' conned
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2016, 12:31:13 pm by Lipsy »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dosmKwrAbI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dosmKwrAbI</a>

Drop the 's' in https, and it'll show up on 'ere.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2016, 12:35:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah, but them f**king Romanians, eh?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2016, 12:37:29 pm by Lipsy »
We've tekken us Kitsonry back, so f**k 'em all.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2016, 03:53:01 pm by IDM »
Ah, but according to some it is ok because life is for living and air is free to enjoy!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2016, 05:28:15 pm by RedJ »
Rigo has clearly never seen the Lorax.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2016, 08:00:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We live in a democracy, and that means there's a vote for every country member.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2016, 11:12:12 pm by Not Now Kato »
Ah, but according to some it is ok because life is for living and air is free to enjoy!!

Until a sustained period of time has elapsed, nobody will know whether leaving the EU is a good thing or a bad thing.

But I don't regret my vote - and if it offends you, then I pity you.

I see.  So you don't regret voting for lies.  How shallow your life must be.  No offence Rigo, but the only pity is to you.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 02, 2016, 11:23:02 pm by GazLaz »
No, I voted based on my personal preferences. I'm sure 33.5 million other people did the very same thing.

It was more like 17m wasn't it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 02, 2016, 11:26:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm sure 33.5 million other people did the very same thing.

This from the man who criticised others on here by claiming they were 'psychoanalysing' him, but is suddenly sure he knows the reasons why 33.5 million others acted the way they did...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 02, 2016, 11:32:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm sure 33.5 million other people did the very same thing.

This from the man who criticised others on here by claiming they were 'psychoanalysing' him, but is suddenly sure he knows the reasons why 33.5 million others acted the way they did...

Not really, it's a referendum. You have a vote and you do whatever you like with it - not what your told to do by a handful of kuntz on this forum.

I don't personally give a monkeys if that vote effects anyone else, just like nobody else would give a monkeys if their vote effects me.

Whoosh!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 02, 2016, 11:47:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended. This is not a barb. It's a heartfelt comment.

I don't know what demons you have been dealing with, to bring you to a point in life where you convince yourself that only blinkered self-interest exists in the world, but you are wrong. Many people act with altruistic intent. Many people make decisions that are not directly in their own self-interests, but are what they think is for the greater good.

If you need to tell yourself that this sort of behaviour doesn't exist, that the world goes round through everyone just looking out for themselves, then I genuinely pity you. That sounds like a lonely place and it's not one I'd want to be in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2016, 12:05:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The part where you said that you don't give a monkey's if your vote affects anyone else and that no-one else give a monkey's about the effect of their vote on you.

And the "they all vote based on issues important to themselves" part.

Those are the really sad parts.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2016, 05:13:43 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Everything i have seen so far, with the markets getting shaky, i expected. What i didn't expect was remain supporters to not respect democracy.
Things will not alter totally, immigrants who are needed will come in, we will still deal with the eu countries. The border at calais already is being kept, as is. Those countries need us, just as much as we do them.
 This shaky period is to be expected, it happened back in 1992 with that eu deal. It's was always going to happen, this country has the ability to grow much bigger and faster, we have the best of both worlds.

I don't feel conned, i expected lies from whichever side won, i didn't vote thinking the nhs was getting three hundred and odd million, i didn't believe it. I didn't believe we would have no immigrants, i believed that the country could decide better, outside the eu, who comes in and not.
I still believe, the country is after a period of slowing down, will resurge and many remainers will be just as happy as the leavers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2016, 07:48:12 am by idler »
I do feel conned. Not just by the inept campaign fought by Remain but also by the EU.
Once they realised the enormity of the result they announce that the EU needs to listen to the people and become more democratic. That was the reason that I wanted to leave for but could never see changing.
Had they thought along those lines three months ago it could have changed the outcome or at least added more weight to the Remain campaign's case.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2016, 08:16:23 am by IDM »
Rigo - read this carefully - I am not offended by your vote, nor anyone else's, nor the result.

The downright lies and subsequent backtracking offend me. 

How many of the electorate really understand macro economics anyway - to be swayed by those arguments on trade and budgets etc?

How many of the general populace are more easily swayed by emotional arguments about immigration or funding the NHS?

How many remain voters feel conned now compared to leave voters?

Of course, the result is the result, but the process was questionable to say the least.

Nice to know you don't care about anyone else - like me and my family, a fellow Doncaster rovers supporter?

Oh wait, you're not one of those?  I guess that makes you just as much one of the "forum kuntz" as you put it.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:45:19 am by IDM »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2016, 08:21:00 am by IDM »
SCWK - thanks for posting how you did, perfectly acceptable and I respect your views - a shame others don't post in your manner on this subject.  That probably includes me too, but I am riled by Rigo, who could certainly take a lesson from you.

However there may be many leave voters who were affected by and believed those campaign issues?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 03, 2016, 08:30:53 am by IDM »
We live in a democracy, and that means there's a vote for every country member.

Yes, I remember..

So did many others!!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 03, 2016, 09:44:18 am by Donnywolf »
SCWK - thanks for posting how you did, perfectly acceptable and I respect your views - a shame others don't post in your manner on this subject.  That probably includes me too, but I am riled by Rigo, who could certainly take a lesson from you.

However there may be many leave voters who were affected by and believed those campaign issues?

Just watch - the "beast" may finally be stirring. Demo in York (protesting against a Leave Vote) yesterday looked to have 5 thou in attendance .... its a start. Whether the majority of them were people who Voted Remain or Leave (and who feel lied to) I know not and for accuracy I cant speculate

However in London did you see the BBC coverage when huge numbers appeared "like a Flash Mob" to protest against the Leave vote. Rather than saying they were conned they seemed to be saying the narrowness of the victory for Leave was unacceptable. In reality though we voted Leave in a Binary Election and as I have said many times already 600,000 voting Remain rather than Leave and the Country would still have had Cameron as Leader and Corbyn as Labour Leader and Farage and Johnson and the Leavers saying the vote was too narrow to be "binding"

Police put the numbers at 30,000 but the BBC seemed to report 300,000 and I suspect that the figure will continue to grow when London York and I suspect others get together

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 03, 2016, 10:33:21 am by IDM »
Do you still not get that a 'clean' campaign is an absolute myth? It's never, ever going to happen and it's at odds with the reality of such a campaign.

Do you still not get that with other elections, general elections, by elections, local councils etc that if the electorate feels conned they have the opportunity to put that right next time, but with this referendum, we don't?

Of course the campaigns will never be truly clean - both sides will give a different perception - but why not base this on facts?

Why couldn't leave talk about using (some of) the 350 million a week on continuing to fund what is currently funded here by the EU - and maybe offer to re-allocate the net remainder to NHS, schools etc?

The idea of using our money for our country would have been the same, but the way it is put across would not have been misleading.

If you don't think it was misleading, that big bus gave it away.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 03, 2016, 01:29:39 pm by drfc1951 »
Where on that big bus did it say all of the 350 million would be used to fund nhs.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 03, 2016, 01:34:00 pm by IDM »
Where on that big bus did it say all of the 350 million would be used to fund nhs.

Where on that bus did it say what ELSE the 350 million could be spent on??

It was a clear and direct implication, in great big letters...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:36:56 pm by IDM »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 03, 2016, 01:37:05 pm by drfc1951 »
Well i didnt take it to mean all the money would go to the nhs, although obviously some did.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 03, 2016, 01:39:53 pm by IDM »
Well i didnt take it to mean all the money would go to the nhs, although obviously some did.

That's precisely the point - you and many others, probably millions of leave voters didn't make that conclusion - but how many did??

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 03, 2016, 01:51:04 pm by drfc1951 »
Dont know how many did, but how many unsure  voters believed all the scare  stories the remain campaigners were telling.I voted to leave and dont feel i was conned.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 03, 2016, 02:00:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ditch

Did you believe that we'd save £350m per week?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 03, 2016, 02:01:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigo

You don't give a monkey's very loudly.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 03, 2016, 02:07:55 pm by Lipsy »
Well, Boris said it would all go on the NHS...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 03, 2016, 02:13:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought you didn't give a monkey's Rigo.

Do you give a monkey's or don't you? It's rather difficult to talk to someone whose opinion changes with the wind.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 03, 2016, 02:38:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Strange man. Quite unable to engage in anything remotely resembling an open exchange of views.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012