Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:11:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo  (Read 5852 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Kongolo
« Reply #30 on January 15, 2018, 04:06:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
Agree, Kongolo has played well the last few matches.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 15, 2018, 04:59:49 pm by RTID!!! »
I disagree completely without him and cops we are nothing

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 15, 2018, 05:01:25 pm by drfchound »
I know to some this will sound strange but I thought we went to pieces after Rodney came off. We lost our shape down the right ad Whiteman seemed to go into a 2nd defensive position alongside Houghton rather than wide right, and as for Alfies performance when he came on well enough has been said.

At the time when Rodders came off we said that it was a move to shore up the defence by bringing Ben on.
We expected him to drop in alongside Houghton.
Whiteman was never going to play wide right.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 16, 2018, 09:39:29 am by ravenrover »
I know to some this will sound strange but I thought we went to pieces after Rodney came off. We lost our shape down the right ad Whiteman seemed to go into a 2nd defensive position alongside Houghton rather than wide right, and as for Alfies performance when he came on well enough has been said.

At the time when Rodders came off we said that it was a move to shore up the defence by bringing Ben on.
We expected him to drop in alongside Houghton.
Whiteman was never going to play wide right.
agree Hound and that is my point, when the system is working why change it? Like for like yes but to change it as he did, cost us the extra 2 points. Marquis and May, sadly, were forced into tracking back and we all know the rest jmho

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 16, 2018, 12:35:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
All very valid points, guys, and it is why we need a different animal on our left side rather than have Rowe there. Tommy would be better employed behind JM. A new left wing back sort of loanee until the end of the season cures our left side and our better, more experienced, partner for JM.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 16, 2018, 01:17:40 pm by Bezza »
we went downhill when Kongola came off, big improvement from him in last two games.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 16, 2018, 01:22:42 pm by GazLaz »
Klopp made changes in the Liverpool City game on Sunday to try and tighten things up and it halted their momentum. Had the opposite affect.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 16, 2018, 07:24:32 pm by drfchound »
We have seen it happens many times at DRFC, SoD was a great exponent of bringing defenders on with time running out and invariably we conceded.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012