Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?  (Read 39851 times)

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?
« Reply #60 on January 07, 2018, 02:32:21 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Who was the best player you played with at rovers?
And the worst, if you can answer that

Tough question! I have to say Paul Green is the best for his all round game.

Leo couldn't do 10 kick ups but I'd have to say the worst was Nicolas Priet, in my opinion couldn't defend.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 07, 2018, 02:32:36 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Hi Michael, very pleased to see you on here and it is definitely lifting the mood. Thank you.

How did you get on with Colin Sexstone at Bristol City and how did he compare with other football CEO's you have experienced? I ask because Colin was an old friend of mine from the 1970's - we played a lot of squash together in Maastricht Squash Club when he was still in the RAF. Our team became Dutch National Champions in 1978.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 07, 2018, 02:33:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Niche question there Dutch.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 07, 2018, 02:35:53 pm by dickos1 »

Leo couldn't do 10 kick ups but I'd have to say the worst was Nicolas Priet, in my opinion couldn't defend.

Cheers,
Maybe a surprising answer but a popular one, especially as he's a player that came through our academy

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 07, 2018, 02:37:07 pm by anne honemous »
Has McIndoe done a runner again and won't answer any questions?

You're obviously someone who has been reading too many tabloids - NO I definitely haven't "done a runner" as you put it. I hadn't done one in the first place. I will be answering your questions. I couldn't post more than 10 responses yesterday which the admin have already explained.

In response to your question about the Walsall game 2005 on New Year's Day - I don't remember too much about it because I got knocked out in midair, landed on my neck and taken off with concussion. I sat in the away dressing room which they'd painted a sh1tty brown colour. However it was nice to see Merse on the day.

Right, so you DO remember the Walsall game on NYD 2005 - that's what I was referring to and it's the sort of thing that if you are who you say you are, then you would remember it.

As for the tabloids, I don't read them. I do, however, know a couple of people, ex YTs at Wolves, who were caught up in your scheme.

Do you intend to pay them back what you owe them or are you still being a coward whenever they try and get a response from you?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 07, 2018, 02:38:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was be a brave soul to argue that McIndoe wasn’t one of our very best players in last 25 years. Would put him up with Richie Wellens, Copps, Stock, Billy Sharp and Steve Nicol.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 07, 2018, 02:39:22 pm by since-1969 »
Q) A  Books worth the past,  so what’s the future got in store ; get back into football as a coach or lower league manager or on to something completely different.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 07, 2018, 02:45:16 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Hi Michael, very pleased to see you on here and it is definitely lifting the mood. Thank you.

How did you get on with Colin Sexstone at Bristol City and how did he compare with other football CEO's you have experienced? I ask because Colin was an old friend of mine from the 1970's - we played a lot of squash together in Maastricht Squash Club when he was still in the RAF. Our team became Dutch National Champions in 1978.

Thank you Dutch Uncle.

Yes I got on well with Colin Sexstone. He was always very polite and quite knowledgeable about the game.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 07, 2018, 02:46:46 pm by Michael McIndoe »

Cheers,
Maybe a surprising answer but a popular one, especially as he's a player that came through our academy

Who would have been your best and worst player from the same period?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 07, 2018, 02:49:08 pm by Michael McIndoe »

You're obviously someone who has been reading too many tabloids - NO I definitely haven't "done a runner" as you put it. I hadn't done one in the first place. I will be answering your questions. I couldn't post more than 10 responses yesterday which the admin have already explained.

In response to your question about the Walsall game 2005 on New Year's Day - I don't remember too much about it because I got knocked out in midair, landed on my neck and taken off with concussion. I sat in the away dressing room which they'd painted a sh1tty brown colour. However it was nice to see Merse on the day.

Right, so you DO remember the Walsall game on NYD 2005 - that's what I was referring to and it's the sort of thing that if you are who you say you are, then you would remember it.

As for the tabloids, I don't read them. I do, however, know a couple of people, ex YTs at Wolves, who were caught up in your scheme.

Do you intend to pay them back what you owe them or are you still being a coward whenever they try and get a response from you?

You might want to watch what you write. You can't hide behind your IP address and make defamatory comments - I have an extremely good legal team.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 07, 2018, 02:50:49 pm by Michael McIndoe »
It was be a brave soul to argue that McIndoe wasn’t one of our very best players in last 25 years. Would put him up with Richie Wellens, Copps, Stock, Billy Sharp and Steve Nicol.

Appreciate that Chris Black come back! Thank you very much for you humbling compliment. I wouldn't have minded playing in that team!

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 07, 2018, 02:51:38 pm by anne honemous »

You might want to watch what you write. You can't hide behind your IP address and make defamatory comments - I have an extremely good legal team.

So do you intend to pay them back, or are you keen to avoid the question?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 07, 2018, 02:52:08 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Q) A  Books worth the past,  so what’s the future got in store ; get back into football as a coach or lower league manager or on to something completely different.

I'm going to play again and finish the rest of my badges and become a manager.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 07, 2018, 02:53:00 pm by mutleyrover »
Welcome to the forum Micheal.  A great player for us in a very good team. Shame you didn’t get to share in the success of the O’driscoll years with us.
Always good to hear from old players about their time at our club.  Thanks for taking the time to do so especially with some of the comments You are likely to receive from the minority.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 07, 2018, 02:53:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Thank you Dutch Uncle.

Yes I got on well with Colin Sexstone. He was always very polite and quite knowledgeable about the game.

Thank you Michael.

We had a record number of penalty misses last season, although thankfully this season we have yet to miss one so far. When you were successfully taking so many penalties for Rovers how much did think of changing how and where you put them? Did you ever think of choosing to go straight down the middle? Did you ever change your mind at the last minute? Did who the goalkeeper was make any difference?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on January 07, 2018, 02:55:18 pm by graingrover »
A thread like this really does serve to prove what some posters are really like doesn't it !Whatever the subject .. the same nastiness !

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 07, 2018, 02:57:22 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Welcome to the forum Micheal.  A great player for us in a very good team. Shame you didn’t get to share in the success of the O’driscoll years with us.
Always good to hear from old players about their time at our club.  Thanks for taking the time to do so especially with some of the comments You are likely to receive from the minority.

Hi mutleyrover. Thank you. Appreciate you taking the time to say that. Yes it was a shame I didn't get to play under O'Driscoll.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 07, 2018, 02:59:04 pm by dickos1 »

Cheers,

Who would have been your best and worst player from the same period?

Best id have to say either yourself or copps. But there's also blundell for his goals, doolan, albrighton, Ryan, green even Ricky all for differing reasons but we had a great squad.
Worst, I can't really recall Leo had no technical ability but was effective.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 07, 2018, 02:59:44 pm by Filo »
Micheal,

How much did RVP not fancy it at Belle Vue that night against Arsenal

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 07, 2018, 03:05:36 pm by Michael McIndoe »

Thank you Dutch Uncle.

Thank you Michael.

We had a record number of penalty misses last season, although thankfully this season we have yet to miss one so far. When you were successfully taking so many penalties for Rovers how much did think of changing how and where you put them? Did you ever think of choosing to go straight down the middle? Did you ever change your mind at the last minute? Did who the goalkeeper was make any difference?

Great question Dutch Uncle. I actually covered this topic in the book as I feel there is a way to score more penalties if you follow, in my experience, a certain criteria. One of which would be never make a decision on where you're going to put it until you put the ball on the spot and walk back. I never change my mind at the last minute. It didn't make a difference who the goalkeeper was. Following the criteria usually gives you a 90% success rate. 

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 07, 2018, 03:10:24 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Micheal,

How much did RVP not fancy it at Belle Vue that night against Arsenal

I'm not going to lie I'm glad he didn't fancy it that night. It definitely helped us him going off!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 07, 2018, 03:18:45 pm by 5minstogo »
Chicken Balti Pie or Sausage roll?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 07, 2018, 03:27:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Hi Macca, good to hear your admiration of Paul Green. One of my all time favourite Rovers players. Probably the best box to box midfielder i have seen in a red and white hooped shirt.
My stepson is currently coaching in his soccer school at Brotherton near Pontefract. Excellent set up he has got there.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 07, 2018, 03:29:06 pm by drfc1951 »
If you are going to play again,at what level do you see yourself playing at?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 07, 2018, 03:29:35 pm by Michael McIndoe »

Ah come on man! Sausage Roll all day long. I'm Scottish!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 07, 2018, 03:30:17 pm by Jonathan »
One of if not the most important Rovers player of my lifetime. Signing McIndoe was the difference between being an average Division 3 team and a title winning team. As others have stated, the effect on the crowd every time Macca got on the ball was obvious. Even more importantly for the future of the club, all of a sudden the kids in the playground wanted to be Michael McIndoe instead of Beckham or Ronaldo. When I was at school on the late 80’s and 90’s we had only 3-4 Rovers fans in the year group, and all of a sudden kids were everywhere in Rovers shirts. The effect that McIndoe had on that cannot be understated. Only Billy Sharp and James Coppinger have come close to matching the iconic status, and that’s a testament in itself.

My question would be, after we won the Division 3 title, did we miss a trick by not bringing in another top quality striker to compete with Leo and Blundell and keep the momentum going? It felt to me like we lost Akinfenwa without properly replacing him, and it took the momentum away from one of the most exciting teams we’ve ever had. I always felt the chance was there for that team to go straight through to the Championship. Even if it would have been ‘too early.’

And what did you think when you first arrived at the club to sign the contract, and saw Belle Vue?

I will be buying the book for some new year reading.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:32:26 pm by Jonathan »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 07, 2018, 03:31:13 pm by drfc1951 »

Ah come on man! Sausage Roll all day long. I'm Scottish!

What deep fried in batter?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 07, 2018, 03:35:22 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Hi Macca, good to hear your admiration of Paul Green. One of my all time favourite Rovers players. Probably the best box to box midfielder i have seen in a red and white hooped shirt.
My stepson is currently coaching in his soccer school at Brotherton near Pontefract. Excellent set up he has got there.

Greeny was also one of the fittest players in the squad.

Awesome! Wish him good luck from me.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 07, 2018, 03:42:52 pm by roverstillidie91 »
What was your thoughts on JR and your viewpoint when he decided to leave the club?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 07, 2018, 03:44:04 pm by 5minstogo »
You've mentioned getting back to playing. What level do you think that's likely to be at? Have you had a lot of interest?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012