Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:52:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blatant penalty !  (Read 29243 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Blatant penalty !
« Reply #30 on January 13, 2018, 05:50:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Ferguson also not happy with May. Says not good enough. Beestin he likes but cannot get through a game a moment. Marquis "lacking in confidence".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 13, 2018, 05:54:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's right though. Terrible decisions from the ref. Not just them but he allowed a ball to be played for a free kick right before the goal which was still.even bouncing.

That penalty decision was a disgrace.

Also right on may a terrible performance.

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 13, 2018, 05:55:58 pm by John Sitton legend »
Good god listen to Ferguson on Radio Sheffield after the match. He lost it!

Shall we chip in to help with his imminent fine? 😂

No !

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 13, 2018, 05:56:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Good god listen to Ferguson on Radio Sheffield after the match. He lost it!

Shall we chip in to help with his imminent fine? 😂

No !

Why? He's right.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 13, 2018, 05:58:00 pm by drfchound »
Ferguson also not happy with May. Says not good enough. Beestin he likes but cannot get through a game a moment. Marquis "lacking in confidence".

I was surprised that May himself wasn’t substituted.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 13, 2018, 05:59:17 pm by dickos1 »
May was atrocious

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 13, 2018, 05:59:47 pm by Filo »
Subs needed making as we were getting overrun!
May was awful though but whiteman wasn't any better. Rowe also had a very poor game

May will never play higher than this level

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 13, 2018, 06:00:14 pm by swintonrover »
Fergie will get the book thrown at him, and the FA will fine him and keep defending officials, yet I've seen supporters of at least a dozen football league clubs tweet in support of his statement. What's it going to take for the FA to sort it? There should be an agreement between the PFA and LMA to protest the standards.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 13, 2018, 06:00:48 pm by dickos1 »
I'm sure we've a few that won't,
But that's the worst I've seen those three play

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 13, 2018, 06:01:39 pm by John Sitton legend »
I’m more concerned about our style of play. The officials are no worse than they’ve been for 20 years. Unfortunately at one time trying to get a fellow pro sent off was frowned upon, now it’s coached into players, ref’s have a thankless job

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 13, 2018, 06:02:54 pm by dickos1 »
I’m more concerned about our style of play. The officials are no worse than they’ve been for 20 years. Unfortunately at one time trying to get a fellow pro sent off was frowned upon, now it’s coached into players, ref’s have a thankless job

They didn't need to be fit 20 years ago cause the game was nowhere near as fast.
The players fitness levels now are incomparable to 20 years ago yet some of the refs are just fat middle aged blokes

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 13, 2018, 06:03:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It doesn’t matter that he’s right about the officials. They were awful. The ref and linesman missed a red card offence with the elbow on Mason in the first half.

But you can’t go round saying you’d shoot the officials. That’s grossly irresponsible. I suspect he’s just put his job on the line.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 13, 2018, 06:03:12 pm by anne honemous »
It's a load of crap when managers get banned for saying things about officials.

Instead of hiding behind the excuse 'officials have a tough job' why don't officials get punished when they have awful games?

All that happens is they're a Premier League referee, they get demoted to a game at our level or lower - and some other poor sods have to put up with their incompetence. If they're a FL referee, they might miss a weekend game and someone else then gets lumbered with them.

There's certain referees that should have been struck off years ago - Kettle to name one, that clown at Crystal Palace in our first season in the C'ship being another, and then there's the not-so-great Mr Russell of Pompey Kitson fame!

Wenger being banned recently was a joke of a decision by the FA when it's been shown the referee completely got it wrong.

The FA/PGMOL need to get their own house in order with some of the crock of crap they're giving out to certain clubs, before they go around banning people who can see some officials aren't up to scratch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 13, 2018, 06:03:28 pm by drfchound »
The refereeing standards have declined markedly in the last few years.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 13, 2018, 06:03:37 pm by Donnywolf »
Heres one I typed earlier

The Ref however does not score well on previous visits and last time scored only 0.7 from a lot of votes but and its a big but that is 10 times HIGHER than the Ref last week got - so we need to take him out of the equaition and not end up thinking he has cost us any Points

COYR

:that: :scarf:

He scored 0.7 when he Reffed us v Crewe last January and most of the people raved about him giving Crewe foul after foul and yet denying a stonewall Penalty when Copps was axed down Deja effin Vu

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 13, 2018, 06:04:38 pm by adamtherover »
I can’t understand why refs won’t give pens.
It is as though it isn’t allowed.
That today was more stonewall than anything I have seen this season but the ref bottled it.
He had failed to give quite a few free kicks for fouls around the pitch in general today and I said to my mate that there was no way he would give a pen and that is how it turned out.
Well done DF for telling the truth about it but I guess he will be fined.

Can’t comment on the foul on Butler as it wasn’t clear from the South Stand but judging by Andy’s reaction there had to be something.
I will look on the highlights later.
On the reply is was blatant that butler had been pushed from behind..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 13, 2018, 06:05:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickos

Then maybe we should pay the refs £2000 per week and have 25 year old professionals?

If you want to continue with a system where refs are paid a few hundred quid a match, then you have to accept that they are (very) semi pro and therefore not perfect. Especially if you yourself are a thoroughly less than perfect manager who is paid many times the ref’s salary and still regularly f**ks up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 13, 2018, 06:06:44 pm by Filo »
One where VAR would have been useful

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 13, 2018, 06:07:38 pm by Jonathan »
I don’t want to be too harsh on May as I like him, but he was very poor today. Needs someone to have a word with him as everything he did was so rushed and frantic. The needless foul that resulted in the free kick that led to their goal has cost us. He is better than that awful cameo showed. As someone else has alluded to above, shortly after coming on it was already crossing my mind that we could take him off and bring Mandeville on.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 13, 2018, 06:12:31 pm by RoversAlias »
Subs needed making as we were getting overrun!
May was awful though but whiteman wasn't any better. Rowe also had a very poor game

I thought Rowe played well in the first half and totally disappeared after being shunted out onto the left hand side. It is blatantly obvious that there is no point playing him there and he is much more effective in a central role.

But, despite Ferguson's subs/formation change not paying off I'm not criticising him tonight after hearing that post-match interview. He is spot on with every point, especially the officials and it needed saying. I don't blame him for losing his rag. He was dead right about May as well unfortunately.

BST - Not a prayer that Fergie's job is on the line, that's a silly thing to say in my opinion. Of course he shouldn't say that about officials and he probably will be fined and/or banned but everyone at Rovers will be in agreement with him and rightly so, because it's about time someone took these beyond shit referees to task. The entire system needs looking at because all it's produced is inept muppets ruining the game week after week.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:15:05 pm by RoversAlias »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 13, 2018, 06:15:24 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos

Then maybe we should pay the refs £2000 per week and have 25 year old professionals?

If you want to continue with a system where refs are paid a few hundred quid a match, then you have to accept that they are (very) semi pro and therefore not perfect. Especially if you yourself are a thoroughly less than perfect manager who is paid many times the ref’s salary and still regularly f**ks up.

I know all that, I was simply responding to the point that the standards hasn't detioriorated, when it obviously has.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 13, 2018, 06:16:32 pm by Avsuptem »
Players make a mistake and it gets forgotten about Refs make mistakes and all hell breaks loose. Why should there be  different rules or approaches for the players and for the refs ? The question is rhetorical.

The truth is the standard of refereeing is declining at all levels in the UK and the real question that is demanded is why and what can be done about it. I would submit that one reason is that too many Junior referees quit the game because they don't see any good reason why they should be abused, insulted and threatened with violence for a 20 quid fee in parks football every weekend. If stricter penalties were applied both on and off the pitch, the Rugby Union model would be a good approach,  then there would be a much larger pool of talented officials to choose from.

Rather than blame individuals for being insufficiently skilled or capable or for making mistakes we should blame the system that put them on the pitch.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:20:48 pm by Avsuptem »

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 13, 2018, 06:17:11 pm by TheFunk »
Possibly the worst individual performance by a Rovers player since Tomi Ameobi. As BST says Fergie could well have put his job on the line with the shooting comment.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 13, 2018, 06:17:32 pm by mushRTID »
It doesn’t matter that he’s right about the officials. They were awful. The ref and linesman missed a red card offence with the elbow on Mason in the first half.

But you can’t go round saying you’d shoot the officials. That’s grossly irresponsible. I suspect he’s just put his job on the line.

His job on the line? Seems a slight over reaction.

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 13, 2018, 06:17:36 pm by John Sitton legend »

They didn't need to be fit 20 years ago cause the game was nowhere near as fast.
The players fitness levels now are incomparable to 20 years ago yet some of the refs are just fat middle aged blokes

Absolute bollox

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 13, 2018, 06:19:51 pm by CrippyCooke »

It's an interesting suggestion from BST. In my line of work I'd certainly be out the door if I made comments like Ferguson's.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 13, 2018, 06:20:26 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha
What is?
So your telling me the players aren't fitter now than 20 years ago?
Even the players from that era openly admit that

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 13, 2018, 06:20:53 pm by John Sitton legend »
I don’t want to be too harsh on May as I like him, but he was very poor today. Needs someone to have a word with him as everything he did was so rushed and frantic. The needless foul that resulted in the free kick that led to their goal has cost us. He is better than that awful cameo showed. As someone else has alluded to above, shortly after coming on it was already crossing my mind that we could take him off and bring Mandeville on.

No we should have taken Marquis off and replaced him with stoke mandeville

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 13, 2018, 06:21:29 pm by dickos1 »

It's an interesting suggestion from BST. In my line of work I'd certainly be out the door if I made comments like Ferguson's.

Depends who you're making the comments about, the referees aren't his boss, if he'd said this about his bosses then maybe

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 13, 2018, 06:21:47 pm by drfchound »

Absolute bollox

I hate to say this, but I agree with Dickos on this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012