Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:55:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 12005 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #30 on January 13, 2018, 09:56:16 pm by dickos1 »
It was actually marquis who should've reacted to that cross

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 13, 2018, 09:59:18 pm by 5minstogo »
We need another experienced front man to partner Marquis.
It stands out for all to see.

This.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 13, 2018, 10:07:00 pm by RoversAlias »
As  I thought you would reply, poor,and affects other players, I have not seen any comments on not getting on the end of the perfect cross from Blair yet either, sat back on his heels in front of goal again .

I honestly and genuinely think you have a lot of good views on Rovers and enjoy reading what you have to say before and after games Selby, but when it comes to May I do believe you take it too far. Today he was absolutely terrible and deserves to be told so, as we know he will have been after what Fergie said in his interview.

BUT, you seem to be relishing it. Marquis was just as culpable for not getting on the end of that cross you've just mentioned, and to suggest that May is the prime reason why our performance dipped is rubbish because that isn't true. Whiteman did nothing and the change in formation didn't help anyone, especially Rowe and Marquis. I knew coming home today that you'd find a way to still go over the top on May tonight and you've proven it. Your first post on him was basically saying that "Now people are waking up" to what you were saying, all because he had one bad sub appearance for 25 minutes. He doesn't play that badly every week, not even close, and that is something else Fergie said after the game too.

Happy to discuss this and anything else with you Selby, I enjoy it as you're a good poster and a good fan but unless May starts playing as he did today every week, I will keep defending him because I see what good things he can do and what strong contribution he can and does have for us.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 13, 2018, 11:53:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
It's because his love-child didn't get on.......again. Just ask yourself, Selby, just why isn't Mande getting picked? I've heard one or two things today that could explain it, but I'm not going to go on about it on here.

May is doing his best, which was nowhere near good enough today, and we have very little to pick from in that department, as you well know. Going on his recent past, he should be nowhere near our first team this season, but what have we on the bench? As bad as Alfie was, Fergie could have dragged him off and put your darling on, but he didn't. Why is that? Just have a ponder about it before you come on shooting from the hip.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 14, 2018, 12:35:56 am by selby »
The lad would be better off away from us if he wants to build a career. He obviously does not figure in Fergies plans, when you score four in five first team matches,score goals in the development games, and watch others score one in eight, its time to move on.
   Add to that the crowd against you,and giving him stick its time to go, Wright as well,they are this seasons fall guys.
  I will still watch the Rovers but follow his career with interest, It would have been interesting to see if he had had a run of eight games if he would score more than one goal at least,just to compare.
  Alan, Alfies best  has not been good enough for weeks, and I cannot see it getting any better. I have told you before I will agree to disagree.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 14, 2018, 01:22:01 am by RoversAlias »
Wright? How is he a fall guy? Most acknowledge he has been very good this season and much improved, but Fergie has taken him out of the firing line for now and that is fine because Butler and Baudry are both playing well and finding a rhythm together. Wright is young and developing and only started the season in the team due to Baudry's injury. He isn't a "fall guy" at all.

Mandeville started four of our first six games. He scored no goals and pretty much contributed nothing of any use. When Fergie put faith in him again from the start he scored against Portsmouth, was anonymous against Walsall and then showed such a bad attitude to being dropped to the bench at Bury that he wasn't even given a squad place. We returned to winning ways in that game and in the four matches since that we have won, Mandeville has played a grand total of 8 minutes.

There are plenty of clear, concrete reasons why Fergie is not turning to Mandeville and most people can see that now.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 14, 2018, 09:32:32 am by mrfrostsdad »
The lad would be better off away from us if he wants to build a career. He obviously does not figure in Fergies plans, when you score four in five first team matches,score goals in the development games, and watch others score one in eight, its time to move on.
   Add to that the crowd against you,and giving him stick its time to go, Wright as well,they are this seasons fall guys.
  I will still watch the Rovers but follow his career with interest, It would have been interesting to see if he had had a run of eight games if he would score more than one goal at least,just to compare.
  Alan, Alfies best  has not been good enough for weeks, and I cannot see it getting any better. I have told you before I will agree to disagree.
Wright? How is he a fall guy? Most acknowledge he has been very good this season and much improved, but Fergie has taken him out of the firing line for now and that is fine because Butler and Baudry are both playing well and finding a rhythm together. Wright is young and developing and only started the season in the team due to Baudry's injury. He isn't a "fall guy" at all.

Mandeville started four of our first six games. He scored no goals and pretty much contributed nothing of any use. When Fergie put faith in him again from the start he scored against Portsmouth, was anonymous against Walsall and then showed such a bad attitude to being dropped to the bench at Bury that he wasn't even given a squad place. We returned to winning ways in that game and in the four matches since that we have won, Mandeville has played a grand total of 8 minutes.

There are plenty of clear, concrete reasons why Fergie is not turning to Mandeville and most people can see that now.

I too am beginning to think there has been a fall out between Ferguson and Mandeville. Given the scoring rate of our two main 'strikers' (yes, inverted commas for a reason) it beggars belief that Mandy is not getting a decent run in the side.
Our defence has been far better than anyone could have dreamed about this season, and it should be plain to everyone that if someone was banging in goals regularly we could be higher in the league than we are. Unfortunately, we don't have a striker who can put the goals in on a regular basis at this level.
May and Marquis have both been given an extended run in the side without scoring enough goals. Time to give Mandeville the same opportunity. It may not work, but short of spending lots of money, or trying to get Billy's Sharp on loan, we don't have any other options

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 14, 2018, 09:49:15 am by The Red Baron »
I realise it is all hearsay but a friend of mine who spoke to a club employee was told that Ferguson and Mandeville had fallen out.

Because of the lack of striking options Mandeville will probably stay here and be a bit part player for the rest of this season. If Ferguson is still here next season, I suspect Mandeville won't be. He'll either be sold or loaned out, like Mitchell Lund.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 14, 2018, 10:42:21 am by mrfrostsdad »
I realise it is all hearsay but a friend of mine who spoke to a club employee was told that Ferguson and Mandeville had fallen out.

Because of the lack of striking options Mandeville will probably stay here and be a bit part player for the rest of this season. If Ferguson is still here next season, I suspect Mandeville won't be. He'll either be sold or loaned out, like Mitchell Lund.

And if that is true, it's pathetic.
However, no one player is bigger than the club, and if Mandeville has crosse the line in his attitude/comments or whatever, he has to go

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 14, 2018, 11:07:24 am by The Red Baron »

And if that is true, it's pathetic.
However, no one player is bigger than the club, and if Mandeville has crosse the line in his attitude/comments or whatever, he has to go

I get the feeling there is a bit of fault on both sides. Mandeville is probably a player who needs managing in a different way to, say, Marquis. But it wouldn't be the first time that we've given a player a long contract and wanted to bin him 12 months later. Something which would be of concern to me if I was running the club.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:11:06 am by The Red Baron »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 14, 2018, 04:03:23 pm by graingrover »
Just been linked with a bid from Brentford !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 14, 2018, 04:18:01 pm by The Red Baron »

Who has? Marquis or Mandeville?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 14, 2018, 04:58:33 pm by the vicar »
Marquis  someone on Twitter said 900 k I would let him go for half than that
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:10:28 pm by the vicar »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 14, 2018, 05:02:24 pm by Campsall rover »

I too am beginning to think there has been a fall out between Ferguson and Mandeville. Given the scoring rate of our two main 'strikers' (yes, inverted commas for a reason) it beggars belief that Mandy is not getting a decent run in the side.
Our defence has been far better than anyone could have dreamed about this season, and it should be plain to everyone that if someone was banging in goals regularly we could be higher in the league than we are. Unfortunately, we don't have a striker who can put the goals in on a regular basis at this level.
May and Marquis have both been given an extended run in the side without scoring enough goals. Time to give Mandeville the same opportunity. It may not work, but short of spending lots of money, or trying to get Billy's Sharp on loan, we don't have any other options
Correct mrfrostsdad.
There has to be a fall out otherwise Mandy would be starting no question.
Look at his goal scoring record in the Checkatrade and Development games. He can’t to do much more and he still is not getting a start in a team with misfiring strikers. What other reason can there be?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 14, 2018, 05:12:53 pm by The Red Baron »
Marquis  some one said 900 k I would let him go for half than that

I'd take it with a pinch of salt. He was being linked with other clubs in the summer and that came to nothing. In terms of goalscoring at least his stock will have fallen since then.

In fact I would have thought a bid for Mandeville (though nowhere near £900k!) would be more likely.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 14, 2018, 06:02:49 pm by glosterred »
If anyone offered 900k for Marquis we should snap their hands off for it and then see if we can get Billy off the blunts for half that much.

COYR

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 14, 2018, 06:35:26 pm by adamtherover »

Who has? Marquis or Mandeville?
marquis, its on fb, so must be true.  900k!!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 14, 2018, 06:46:12 pm by phil old leake »
Maybe he needs a change.  I wonder if it has anything to do with mays poor performance. Maybe he’s miffed not getting in the team in front of a non scoring striker

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 14, 2018, 06:47:34 pm by RoversAlias »
If anyone offered 900k for Marquis we should snap their hands off for it and then see if we can get Billy off the blunts for half that much.

COYR

Why is everyone obsessed with Sharp? Don't want to be blowing six figure fees on 32 year olds with their best years behind them.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 14, 2018, 07:01:56 pm by The Red Baron »
Maybe he needs a change.  I wonder if it has anything to do with mays poor performance. Maybe he’s miffed not getting in the team in front of a non scoring striker

He's not seeking a move but (supposedly) someone is interested in him. Personally I find it highly unlikely.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 14, 2018, 07:22:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Which one?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 14, 2018, 07:29:10 pm by selby »
 I would not be surprised at Brentford going after Marquis, whatever the offer we only want to let anyone go if 1) the manager is in agreement that the player can go ( he is after all just at the start of a new contract).
  2) The player himself wants to go ( it is almost impossible to keep a disaffected player these days.
  3) And most importantly the fee meets our valuation and certain clauses are inserted to protect us, if he is sold in future for value added, such as a sell on clause.
 Personally I value him very highly, a great team player, and with better players around him would score more goals.
  One thing he should take into consideration is his style of play, he gives and takes quite a Physical  battering and will do well to have a long playing career. Although I hope he does, and with us, £900k should be the minimum we would be willing to accept in my opinion.
   Mandeville I would not be surprised if someone  like Evans at Mansfield took a punt, and as I have said before my Scunthorpe friend is still insisting they are following him closely, perhaps the development game will have some significance, another good game against them might see things develop, they  have a record of striking discoveries.
  If those too did leave this month the cupboard would be bare.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 14, 2018, 07:30:39 pm by Lesonthewest »
Regarding Mandeville, when I first saw him he reminded me of a young Duggie with his languid style, that's where the similarity ended, what Duggie lacked in skill he more than made up for in effort & endeavour. For a young lad I have never seen a player look so disinterested as Mandeville, he should be putting far more effort in to earn a run in the team, as it is he isn't, so no way does he warrant a run. I suggest he finds a video & watches Duggie at his age, having a bit of skill is not enough at this level & won't wash with the fans, coming on with your gloves on & jogging about a bit, Duggie he is not, Riggoglioso maybe. In truth, we need competition for Marquis, & better back up than Mandeville & May, in the summer maybe? just my opinion of course.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 14, 2018, 07:41:57 pm by The Red Baron »
I would have thought if either Marquis or Mandeville is sold that we would want to bring in a,replacement.

However, I shall be very surprised if Marquis isn't a Rovers player on 1st February.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 14, 2018, 07:55:18 pm by WarwickRover »
If Mandy had Alfie's work rate or if Alfie had Mandy's skill we would have a good player! Unlikely to happen, but out of the two I would go with Mandy to support JM, not much between Alfie and Mandy for me, reflecting upon their performances this season, but I'd rather take a chance on the player with more skill than effort at this stage in their careers. The only thing Marquis needs is a goal and then he will kick on!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 14, 2018, 07:56:26 pm by selby »
  R.B. I hope you are right.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 14, 2018, 08:35:47 pm by Jonathan »
It would be a massive blow to lose Marquis and I’d be gutted if we sold him. Those that undervalue or under-appreciate him would soon notice how much we’d be affected if he wasn’t in the team. He’s a nightmare for defenders and works tirelessly taking a battering in every game. He so deserves a goal at the moment.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 14, 2018, 08:45:41 pm by RedJ »
It would be a massive blow to lose Marquis and I’d be gutted if we sold him. Those that undervalue or under-appreciate him would soon notice how much we’d be affected if he wasn’t in the team. He’s a nightmare for defenders and works tirelessly taking a battering in every game. He so deserves a goal at the moment.

He's a lot like Chris Brown in this respect. He used to get called shite (or he did by the people I sat near at the time anyway) and people claimed he did f**k all, much like Marquis at the moment, but he was invaluable. When fit, of course.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 15, 2018, 07:28:37 am by GazLaz »
Even if Marquis is having a bad game he’s still a bit of a presence up top. He will still be leaving a bit on the defenders.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 15, 2018, 09:00:35 am by selby »
Gaz, I go to every game, and he has  not had a bad game when he has had the service from midfield.
  People keep on about our start to the season, the build up play was so slow it was pathetic,  The strikers didn't have a chance in the league games, where every team sat back and we did not get behind them, in the cup games the games were more open.
  His work rate is up their with anyone we have ever had, a good player, one no defender would like to try and mark.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012