Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:43:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren charged by the FA  (Read 5342 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Darren charged by the FA
« on January 17, 2018, 05:41:12 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Hardly unexpected. He had until Monday to respond.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

murham

• Forum Member
Re: Darren charged by the FA
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2018, 06:10:12 pm by murham »
A small collection by supporters to show that we are behind the club and management towards the fine or a charity donation
He only said what we are thinking
Nothing fabulous more a gesture

Maybe I’m out of order

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2018, 06:14:57 pm by since-1969 »
I agree but I think supporters associations should speak out for their managers and teams who are voiceless in this failure by the f.a to acknowledge that poor refereeing is spoiling the game at the lower end of the football League .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2018, 06:17:00 pm by roversdude »
How do we set up an on line petition to make the fa aware of the failings (if they know they have their heads in the sand)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2018, 06:19:01 pm by RoversAlias »
A small collection by supporters to show that we are behind the club and management towards the fine or a charity donation

Maybe I’m out of order

Disagree personally, he said what he did and can more than afford to pay the fine. I am glad he said what he did really as it needed saying but he went a bit far.

There are plenty of more worthwhile causes we could be doing supporter collections for.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2018, 06:21:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Likely the charge would have been less had he not have come out with the shoot them reference.

Otherwise he has plenty of support for the other comments!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2018, 06:25:01 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Rovers Alias.
I understand where you're coming from, however I think it's the fact we support his stance on it, if not his words.
I'm sure Mrs F won't be wondering how she's going to pay for next weeks shopping, but I agree with the opinion that we support him.
It's all down to opinion and I'm simply expressing mine.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2018, 06:25:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2018, 06:30:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Has the ref been disciplined?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2018, 06:37:52 pm by Filo »

No, he's got another game this weekend

The ref should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2018, 07:05:57 pm by drfchound »
Any support shown by Rovers fans would probably go unnoticed, simply because it would be expected that we would support our own manager.

However, when this all blew up, didn’t we see support from fans of numerous other clubs?

If they still were prepared to back us up then maybe a petition would carry some weight.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2018, 07:16:13 pm by southwestexile »
Red card to crap refereees?

Give everyone an A4 red card/sheet of paper to hold up at start of a game. Would be cheap, get publicity and maybe catch on with other fans

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2018, 07:20:17 pm by nortikorner »
90 % of  supporters have said the same about the ref or even more But Darren this the only one that the Spineless FA can charge  rtid

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2018, 07:23:07 pm by Donnywolf »

No, he's got another game this weekend

The ref should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute

... and as I said before he (The Ref) was probably given top marks or 8/10 for instance from the Assessor

If he DID its a shambles

If he DID NOT then we as Supporters should have access to those Reports (particularly that one)

Ironic really that our Manager might be fined for saying the Ref was "crap" to paraphrase his Interview and there in EFL or FA HQ wherever they end up might be a Report backing him up 100%.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2018, 07:23:23 pm by since-1969 »
Those ostriches at the F.A need to know that the supporters are the once loosing out on FairPlay as it totally unexceptionable to be asked to show respect for officials and the same officials haven’t the common decency to give of the their best. All too often games are hinged by decision making , so thousands watching voicing opinions can’t always be considered bias or wrong . Some notice has to taken and improvements made or the game will be seen as only fit for the billionaire clubs who have most influence on the authorities who govern.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2018, 07:38:32 pm by RoversAlias »

Give everyone an A4 red card/sheet of paper to hold up at start of a game. Would be cheap, get publicity and maybe catch on with other fans

Now this is an idea I do like!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2018, 07:39:51 pm by Filo »
The officials should be obliged to do media interviews after the game, like managers have to

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 17, 2018, 07:40:46 pm by drfchound »
The officials should be obliged to do media interviews after the game, like managers have to

Preferably straight after the game ends as in the DF circumstances.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 17, 2018, 08:04:38 pm by since-1969 »

Maybe I’m out of order

Disagree personally, he said what he did and can more than afford to pay the fine. I am glad he said what he did really as it needed saying but he went a bit far.

There are plenty of more worthwhile causes we could be doing supporter collections for.
Its going to be a white wash because of what you say “ he went too far” it will all be about DFs choice of expression and the fundamental message of incompetence of refereeing will not be addressed.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 17, 2018, 08:15:46 pm by Muttley »

Because that's a sure fire way to get a ref to give us any decisions, isn't it?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2018, 08:52:52 pm by southwestexile »
Or could make them think twice as they know the level of scrutiny is up?

Or, more likely, make bugger all difference to their performance in the same way that singing songs about the ref doesn't do much either

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2018, 09:27:45 pm by RoversAlias »

If they don't give us decisions based on something the fans do then they have no right being referees / linespeople, because that would be completely against the integrity of the role and basically would be cheating.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2018, 09:28:20 pm by MachoMadness »
Would Fergie's remarks have got the same attention/support they did if he hadn't made the shooting comment? Did he know this when he said it? Could it have been that he added an over the top shocking remark to draw more attention to what he was actually saying, which is now widely regarded as a great point?

I'll put the tinfoil hat down now...

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2018, 09:51:33 pm by German Rover »

If they don't give us decisions based on something the fans do then they have no right being referees / linespeople, because that would be completely against the integrity of the role and basically would be cheating.

If you go back to when John Ryan was calling out every referee under the sun, we seemed to get fewer and fewer decisions out way.

It may not be a conscious bias against us but suggesting to shoot referees will plant a seed in their heads.  It doesn't matter that he's apologised, the initial statement got alot more attention than the slight retraction.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2018, 10:11:25 pm by Fur Calf »
If the powers that be listen to the whole interview they can surely see that he made what can only be regarded as a flippant remark.  Also, the officials were laughing in Fergie's face when he confronted them at the final whistle. As common sense goes out of the window in these matters they will make an example of him and punish him accordingly and nothing will change.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2018, 12:51:25 am by Chris Black come back »
He knows the game. Stupid use of language. Pay the fine and move on.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2018, 06:24:09 am by dickos1 »
Yes he should be charged everybody has known he will since the minute he said it.
But the ref having no culpability at all is a disgrace

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2018, 07:44:04 am by CrippyCooke »
How many qualified officials are we going to need it they're to be struck off every time they make errors?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 18, 2018, 08:40:15 am by dickos1 »
They won't be struck off and it wasn't just a single mistake

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2018, 08:56:38 am by Donnywolf »
Slating Referees almost constantly did Fergie Seniors Team little harm did it

There were statistics showing they were major beneficiaries of :

a) lots of Penalty Kicks awarded at Old Trafford with lots of them "judged" later to be "soft" and

b) lots of time added at the end (over and above what people had thought there should be) - during some of which the home Team invariably scored.

So it worked for him / the Team and whilst he has not got the ear of the Media in the same way as Fergie Snr I hope it works for us in the same way ! We are not getting Penalties that most in the Ground think are "clear cut" at the moment

Can someone lead me to a transcript of what DF actually said please because I remember hearing the "shooting bit" and I keep seeing it reported as something quite different.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012