Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:05:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren charged by the FA  (Read 5341 times)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
Re: Darren charged by the FA
« Reply #30 on January 18, 2018, 09:00:30 am by BigKeif »
They shouldn’t be struck off but what should happen is;

1) they become full time professional

2) they’re fully trained and kept on top of with their training and

3) they need to be fit with constant fitness tests

If then they’re still making terrible decisions like Saturday just gone then it shows they’re incompetent and need to be struck off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 18, 2018, 09:26:58 am by selby »
  I would like to be at today's press meeting, I wonder if Radio Sheffield will send the same Reporter, and what would you do if they did and you were Fergie?
  A day like today I would talk to him on the centre spot and I would keep him waiting, and hope for rain and sleet.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 18, 2018, 09:39:36 am by Jimmydee »
A small collection by supporters to show that we are behind the club and management towards the fine or a charity donation
He only said what we are thinking
Nothing fabulous more a gesture.

A good idea murham,    Fans4foodbanks would appreciate the donations.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 18, 2018, 12:57:39 pm by RoversAlias »
  I would like to be at today's press meeting, I wonder if Radio Sheffield will send the same Reporter, and what would you do if they did and you were Fergie?
  A day like today I would talk to him on the centre spot and I would keep him waiting, and hope for rain and sleet.

And I will say it yet again, the reporter in question did absolutely NOTHING wrong. He did his job, asked a perfectly reasonable question and got an unreasonable answer from our manager. The station then reported on the story in the exact manner they should have done.

Stop blaming journalists for a mistake Darren Ferguson made.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 18, 2018, 01:04:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The reporter asked a hypothetical question, and Fergie responded with a hypothetical answer.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 18, 2018, 01:28:50 pm by Filo »
The reporter asked a leading question when emotions were running high, it was the first question he asked rather than ask a question about the game, he knew he'd get an emotional response

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 18, 2018, 01:34:03 pm by IDM »
The reporter asked a leading question when emotions were running high, it was the first question he asked rather than ask a question about the game, he knew he'd get an emotional response

it wasn't the first question, nor was it a leading one.  He asked DF “What would you like to see the FA do...”

That could have lead to an answer about punishing the ref in some way, re-educating, clarifying any instructions they give to rule interpretation etc etc..

It was a very open question.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-what-darren-ferguson-actually-said-in-that-ref-rant-1-8960307

The first question was:

Mike Minay (BBC Sheffield): “Darren, one place to start and that’s the last incident of the game, the penalty. Your thoughts?” Darren Ferguson: “It’s the most blatant penalty you will ever see."

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 18, 2018, 01:40:23 pm by Filo »

it wasn't the first question, nor was it a leading one.  He asked DF “What would you like to see the FA do...”

That could have lead to an answer about punishing the ref in some way, re-educating, clarifying any instructions they give to rule interpretation etc etc..

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-what-darren-ferguson-actually-said-in-that-ref-rant-1-8960307

The first question was:

Mike Minay (BBC Sheffield): “Darren, one place to start and that’s the last incident of the game, the penalty. Your thoughts?” Darren Ferguson: “It’s the most blatant penalty you will ever see."

The incident was the first question, usually they talk about how the game went first and then the icidents, the reporter knew exactly what he was doing, but as others have said, thats his job, it's up to Fergie to be wise about what they are saying

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 18, 2018, 01:44:23 pm by IDM »
Why shouldn't it be the first question?  It was a controversial incident that affected the outcome of the match, and may have cost us 2 points.

Fergie could have diffused the situation by saying something like we should have been winning the game beforehand, not relying on a late minute penalty decision..

Sorry but I don't think the journalist inflamed the situation at all..  Like many fans I sympathise with Fergie, but he could have chosen his words better.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 18, 2018, 01:57:03 pm by RoversAlias »

The first question was:

The incident was the first question, usually they talk about how the game went first and then the icidents, the reporter knew exactly what he was doing, but as others have said, thats his job, it's up to Fergie to be wise about what they are saying

If that reporter hadn't asked about the incidents first, he'd have been doing his job badly. It was the key talking point coming out of the game. It was all we were talking about going home I can assure you.

This is really a lot simpler than people are making out. A good journalist/reporter will ask what are deemed to be the most important and newsworthy questions first, so that they can run with the top line of what the manager thinks on the controversial incidents.

"MANAGER REACTS TO CONTROVERSIAL OFFICIATING" is a much better headline than "MANAGER REACTS TO LEAGUE DRAW" any way you cut it.

It wasn't a leading question at all, and if you actually listened to the entire interview they discussed a great many things and did not start with the "shoot them" stuff, not even close.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 18, 2018, 02:22:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I think the journalist did inflame the situation. Why else would his initial question be "what would YOU do", about poor officials?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 18, 2018, 02:31:16 pm by IDM »
I think the journalist did inflame the situation. Why else would his initial question be "what would YOU do", about poor officials?

to which DF replied "what can I do", then the journalist asked what would he (DF) like to see the FA do..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 18, 2018, 02:38:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Fergie replied, "What can I do - Shoot them"?

It's like a barman asking you what you'd like to do to someone who just pinched your pint!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 18, 2018, 02:53:39 pm by selby »
  Its only football B.B. its not as serious as a missing pint ha ha

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 18, 2018, 07:37:40 pm by ravenrover »

The first question was:

to which he then went on to talk about the foul on Butler and never mentioned the blatant assault on Copps

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 18, 2018, 07:48:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not wanting to add fuel to the fire, like, but I'm surprised Fergie or anyone on the forum hasn't mentioned the Glaring handball by a Plymouth player in the area in the second half either.

Our lass said she heard the crowd's screams for justice in Bentley.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012